Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

Are there still members of The Nation still out there espousing "hang in there we will be okay?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Beckett is hurt too much last year, this year, he is not hungry anymore. How the hck do you let a 3rd rate ballplayer like Andino hit a ball that deep on you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Something about a fish and how a fish rots from the head. 

No team Tito and Theo have every blown an 8 game lead in the start of September. I am just practicing saying it now because thats what you're going to be hearing Now and for the Rest of your Life!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

I'm cracking out one liners over here and nobody seems to notice. Is there a game on or something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles:
    Anybody think that Andino missed 3rd base on that ? The Orile announcers rode right over it. It amazes me that when the Red Sox win a big game they go into relax mode the next game. If AGON had come up with a big hit in the 1st it would have gone a long way to defining this game. He has not come up with a big hit in weeks.
    Posted by AL34

Hard to come up with a big hit when they intentionally walk you (so Lowrie can hit a can of corn on the first pitch). That said, if any of our "big bats" (Adrian, Papi or PD) would have had a clutch hit or two the past few weeks, we wouldn't be in this situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Are there still members of The Nation still out there espousing "hang in there we will be okay?"
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

Not many, I would say.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

That drop by Ells and Salty's error, without a doubt, epitomizes the horrible play of the Sox the last 5 weeks. Start packing boys! Your season is over Wednesday! You can loosen your collars now, you CHOKES! BTW, Weren't you supposed to go all the way this year? LMAO 
    Posted by soxdawg08

What the heck is wrong with you people? That was almost the play of the year, and it would have been had he not run full speed into a wall. And now all us "sox fans" are referred to in the second person? As if you aren't one of us? You're either a traitor, or have been a disguised NYY fan all along.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

The sux need to get back on that HGH stuff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In retrospect, couldn't we have just lost last night. I want this nightmare over as I am not a masochist.

Then maybe we can work on the Angels taking Crawford & Lackey back too for Vernon Wells---I don't care how old he is.... and Weaver as we need start somewhere to refurbish our pitching !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Perfect. A team with 92 losses, owning us in September. Just amazing. Just an epic meltdown.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

"Uh Josh, kind of a rough outing out there tonight.  6 runs on 7 hits and 4 walks.  What seemed to be the cause of your struggles." Beckett:  "Location.  Just couldn't locate my fastball or curveball tonight." "Uh Josh, uh this game kind of has some serious playoff implications and, uh, you're suppose to be the ace of the staff.  Is it frustrating not to be able to locate your pitches when you really need to?" Beckett:  "No, not really.  I was blazing in the bullpen and when I came out on the hill, it just wasn't there.  Can't really explain it, but I'll have my sh*t together when we start the playoffs."
    Posted by mwTessie

I see you've been using the Delorian. Are you saying we're actuallly going to make the playoffs then? What did you see?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ells made that great run just to crash and drop the ball....and the bases cleared...bad luck but we could all see josh was laboring and tito didnt take him out because we pitched everyone last nite...bad karma, bad luck, bad baseball, bad coaching....does it really matter how long we debate this issue? we are tied and have 2 games to pull it together

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

oh good Aceves...  just in time to hold that 4 run O's lead but not before EVERYONE knew Beckett was gassed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's be honest. This is all on Beckett. Sure we could have scored more runs , but Beckett choked again. Twice in a week against the last place team.  I always liked Josh , but he failed big time. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

in order to be optimistic now, you have to be high/drunk or just dumb

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

Showalter is playing this like a charm because he is a Yankee Boy.
    Posted by AL34

They fired him before the WS run.  He hates the Yankees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

With Tito there was never a sense of urgency here and it burned him and Epstein ?Henry who did not want to add payroll at the trade deadline. Why in the name of God is he bringing on Aceves in a game like this. Its over and this team does not come back. Why waste him. Tito I think has lost his baseball smarts this year.

Posted by sindarin-erebor

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

you make your own luck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

oh good Aceves...  just in time to hold that 4 run O's lead but not before EVERYONE knew Beckett was gassed
    Posted by Saluda

Great, waste Aceves on a lost game when you will probably need him in the next couple of days.

Priceless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

And, please, nobody post about how the Yankees laid over for the Rays. Check their lineup out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

figures with all the mvp talk [and i have been a part of it] today, tonight he botches a play that could potentially end their season

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They did not intentionally walk him in the first inning did they with two runners on 2nd and third.

In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : Hard to come up with a big hit when they intentionally walk you (so Lowrie can hit a can of corn on the first pitch). That said, if any of our "big bats" (Adrian, Papi or PD) would have had a clutch hit or two the past few weeks, we wouldn't be in this situation.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Let's be honest. This is all on Beckett. Sure we could have scored more runs , but Beckett choked again. Twice in a week against the last place team.  I always liked Josh , but he failed big time. 
    Posted by dgalehouse

Beckett and Lester both.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts