Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : Seriously, what does Beckett's pitching have to do with Ellsbury's defensive flub or Salty's passed ball? Stop blaming people who don't deserve it, you make yourself sound even less smart than usual.
    Posted by onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury flub?? Are you kidding? the fact that he got to that ball was amazing and just because the ball falls out of his glove when he crashes into the wall thats  a flub? lol.... i agree that the blame falls on Beckett and no one else... his last two games he has given up 6 earned runs per game... and he is supposed to be our ace? he and Lester have choked big time when the Sox most needed them...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]figures with all the mvp talk [and i have been a part of it] today, tonight he botches a play that could potentially end their season
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    Major Fail Comment!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Supposing the Sox and Rays are tied for the WC come wednesday, can anyone tell me what the untying criteria is?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : Beckett and Lester both.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Why is Aceves in this game? Why not let one of the young guys "mop up" and save Aceves for tomorrow or Wednesday's game when you may actually have a chance to win?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : What the heck is wrong with you people? That was almost the play of the year, and it would have been had he not run full speed into a wall. And now all us "sox fans" are referred to in the second person? As if you aren't one of us? You're either a traitor, or have been a disguised NYY fan all along.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

It is not bad enough to watch the Sox fall apart, but now all the crazies come aboard to rub it in.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Aceves in this game? Why not let one of the young guys "mop up" and save Aceves for tomorrow or Wednesday's game when you may actually have a chance to win?
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

Because Tito and Curt Young are clueless, thats why.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

How do you trade a manager?   Ozzie for a coach to be named later?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

seriously why is our best reliever in a game we are down by 4 runs when we need all hands on deck for the final two games and maybe a playoff...especially since he pitched last nite...????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

[QUOTE]oh good Aceves...  just in time to hold that 4 run O's lead but not before EVERYONE knew Beckett was gassed
    Posted by Saluda[/QUOTE]

Beckett had to get to the airport his wife is due to have a child any second now. Aceves is the MVP of the team, who knows where they would be if he weren't on the staff to come in and pitch 3 innings every night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]figures with all the mvp talk [and i have been a part of it] today, tonight he botches a play that could potentially end their season
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

You know, I don't cuss, ever, but some of you have me real close right now. Most CF'ers wouldn't even GET to that ball, let alone get it in their glove and actually catch it. You have got to be frig-gin kidding me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

[QUOTE]They did not intentionally walk him in the first inning did they with two runners on 2nd and third. In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Yes, with two out, and PD on first, Papi hit an "excuse me" double down the left field line. They immediately walked Adrian in order to pitch to Jed who weakly flew out lunging at the first pitch.

Your point is valid. None of our money guys, on the mound or at the plate, have produced down the stretch. It's downright embarrasing, or should be. I hope they blow this team up, from the top-down, and start over. The lack of urgency, decision making and pathetic performance are inexcusable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

I said it then and I'll say it again...APRIL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]How do you trade a manager?   Ozzie for a coach to be named later?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Maybe we can trade Francona for some fitness coach/guru..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Gotta score 4 runs this inning.  need a miracle

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412575. Show user_4412575's posts

[QUOTE]Showalter is playing this like a charm because he is a Yankee Boy.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Buck hates the Yankees.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : You know, I don't cuss, ever, but some of you have me real close right now. Most CF'ers wouldn't even GET to that ball, let alone get it in their glove and actually catch it. You have got to be frig-gin kidding me.

I think everyone understands that. We have a few wise guys here who like to agitate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Clearly, the race isn't over yet. Being tied with two to play doesn't mean you're going to lose. The problem is the team itself cannot seem to carry anything positive forward, even when they have an incredible, dramatic win. That in itself is what worries me most. Character, it makes me question their character.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

After tonight should Tito and Theo every be aloud to step one foot in the city of Boston again?  

They should be banned from Boston

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

APRIL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Baltimore, with their .254 average and 4.79 ERA (worst in MLB), are out hitting and out pitching the Red Sox. Very strange........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwTessie. Show mwTessie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : I see you've been using the Delorian. Are you saying we're actuallly going to make the playoffs then? What did you see?

Exam, not so sure at this point.  We've been in important games for a while now trying to make the playoffs, and our two "ace" pitchers haven't shown up big.  If by some chance we do win this race, I just wonder what will make the difference then as opposed to now.  Trying to keep hope, but very tough.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : Maybe we can trade Francona for some fitness coach/guru..
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

"Stop the insanity."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Nice AGON, should have done that in the first inning.