Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

Well folks, it is now officially gut check time.  One more loss could well end our season. They have got to come up big now or go home in disgrace.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles:
    [QUOTE]Another big hit by AGON. He is not the same player and this idiot team let him take part in the home run hitting contest with a surgically repaired shoulder. Incredible where was the medical staff !
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Hard not to think there's a connection. He's been a shell of who he was in the first half.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Tantalizing agony. We get within 3 and 2 men on an AGON up. Oh, did I mention that Crawford went 0-5 in this game. Of course, they are all Cy Young pitchers.

Well we won something ...we got 11 hits to 8 for +3 but in the important stat they were +3 in the run department !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Well folks, it is now officially gut check time.  One more loss could well end our season. They have got to come up big now or go home in disgrace.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

That's probably the 19th time you or someone on here has posted that or something like it. 0-19 so far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I think all of the believers are gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Got 'em right where we want 'em!!!!   No problem!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Well now we wait until the last day to see what happens.  With the two pitchers the Rays are throwing at the Yanks and the Yankees resting a few regulars each game...things are not looking real great for the Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Another nice effort, ladies. Operation Epic Meltdown almost complete. Only two phases to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

BTW, the Rays throw Hellickson and Price the next two games, just thought you might like (or not) to know that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Gonzalez has been saying all month "when we make the palyoffs" - he pipes and can't handle the big time.

The perfect Padre

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Another nice effort, ladies. Operation Epic Meltdown almost complete. Only two phases to go.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

We can complete it, we have the technology.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I can't think of any scenarios where Carl Crawful won't be the most hated man in Boston next spring.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

WAY PAST gut check time!!!!!   Their gut has been checked, & they have NONE!

Very sad!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez has been saying all month "when we make the palyoffs" - he pipes and can't handle the big time. The perfect Padre
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Now, there's the difference. Remember when the team was struggling in Sept. of 07 and Julio Lugo (of all people) called the team out and said we have to step up or go home? He went out and hit a game tying HR in the 9th inning the next game at Tampa Bay. Varitek won it with a HR a couple batters later. If you're gonna talk, show up and play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Eck is calling a spade a spade when it comes to this team and their play.  I have had all I can take of Don and Jerry and their pacifying daily rhetoric that means absolutely nothing.  They contribute nothing to the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

It must be nice to be a Yankees fan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I can't think of any scenarios where Carl Crawful won't be the most hated man in Boston next spring.

The only way he could avoid it is if they stumble in, and he does relatively well in the PS. Long shots.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

I still believe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In a one game playoff with the Rays are they using their best pitchers now ? So, our 5 era guy vs their 5 era guy might let it come down to hitting. Oops, we ain't getting the clutch ones in that department either. Probably best to avoid a playoff disgrace !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannimota. Show mannimota's posts

Is that the fat lady singing?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Eck is calling a spade a spade when it comes to this team and their play.  I have had all I can take of Don and Jerry and their pacifying daily rhetoric that means absolutely nothing.  They contribute nothing to the game.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Eck is the best color man out there right  now. Tells it like it is. Have him spend some time in the Sox clubhouse tommorow night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]Eck is calling a spade a spade when it comes to this team and their play.  I have had all I can take of Don and Jerry and their pacifying daily rhetoric that means absolutely nothing.  They contribute nothing to the game.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

eck is reliving the '78 nightmare.

But the 1978 team had heart.  they won 10 of last 12 and 99 games

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]I can't think of any scenarios where Carl Crawful won't be the most hated man in Boston next spring.
    I really don't see it. The pitching and Francona will take most of the heat. He did not cause the Sox to collapse.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In a one game playoff with the Rays are they using their best pitchers now ? So, out 5 era guy vs their 5 era guy might let it come down to hitting. Oops, we ain't getting the clutch ones in that department either.Probably best to avoid a playoff disgrace !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Now that's an interesting point. Brings up something I hadn't thought of. If there's a one game playoff, who would pitch? Shields, Hellickson, and Price would be out. It'd have to be Nieman or Davis--the weaker of the bunch. Of course, the Sox would have to counter with Bedard or Wakefield, so nevermind.