Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles

In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles:
    [QUOTE]Is that the fat lady singing?
    Posted by mannimota[/QUOTE]

Not only singing, the fat lady is now doing a John Bonham-esque 11 minute drum solo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

One game playoff in TB is going to be a tough act if that scenario plays out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Can't we lose the hit department & LOB stat but win the run department ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

you have to wonder why a manager, GM, or an owner would not go down to the clubhouse, rip the door off the place and tell it like it is, but instead Larry, Curly and Moe will let Tito off with another "we didn't play up to par, should get it turned around in a couple of more games".
    In business there is a saying and it goes like" if you can't change the people, change the people".

I would trust that Tito and Theo will not finish out Wednesday with this team and shortly there after, the house will start being cleaned, do you think the Bruins brass would put up with this crap from players, they would ride the bench. They won the cup from hard team work and not from things like lazy fly balls, picked off bases and no hustle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : Now that's an interesting point. Brings up something I hadn't thought of. If there's a one game playoff, who would pitch? Shields, Hellickson, and Price would be out. It'd have to be Nieman or Davis--the weaker of the bunch. Of course, the Sox would have to counter with Bedard or Wakefield, so nevermind.
    Posted by TheExaminer

But no, couldn't be Bedard, he's pitching tommorow night. Lackey? I really don't know. Wakefield may be the only possible option. Now there's something to look forward to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Anyone else expecting Tito to say "we battled"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : Now that's an interesting point. Brings up something I hadn't thought of. If there's a one game playoff, who would pitch? Shields, Hellickson, and Price would be out. It'd have to be Nieman or Davis--the weaker of the bunch. Of course, the Sox would have to counter with Bedard or Wakefield, so nevermind.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ??? Have Beckett & Lester been that terrific lately ? if you want momentum, Lackey pitched best in his last game so why not ? Yup, perhaps, I am a mascohist !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Looks like the Sox will have missed the PS 3 of the last 4 seasons. Time for a change? Good night. I think I'll go to bed and not wake up 'til Thursday. 

P.S.: Can you hear the snickering going on across the Land?   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : Not only singing, the fat lady is now doing a John Bonham-esque 11 minute drum solo.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    Moby Dick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone else expecting Tito to say "we battled"

The ball was coming out of Beckett's hand really well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like the Sox will have missed the PS 3 of the last 4 seasons. Time for a change? Good night. I think I'll go to bed and not wake up 'til Thursday.  P.S.: Can you hear the snickering going on across the Land?   
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

My point exactly. This organization will never be looked upon the same by anyone ever again. This is why I've been hoping so much that they'd at least hold on, even if they lost in the playoffs. The Braves about to follow suit--lost tonight, and the Cardinals have fought back to a tie. Their fall is about as bad as ours.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : The ball was coming out of Beckett's hand really well.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Classic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

[QUOTE]Yankee announcers are reporting that the Sox have an interest in Bobby Valentine as their next manager. Could that be it for Tito?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Why should Tito be the only one who loses his job.  Theo put this mess of a roster together.  They both should be sent packing.  Tito for allowing the most historic collapse in the history of Baseball to occur on his watch and Theo for being exposed for the genius he is not.  Long Winter for you ahead Red Sox fan, how do you rebuild a team with $180 Million payroll.  Your vaunted pitching staff is another year older, You still will have to pay Papi, Pay Paps, Find a Catcher( good luck with that), Find a Shortstop and Rightfielder. And you will be forced to entrust such a mission to the Knuckle Headed one, Theo.  Do you really want Theo Running around making decisions ? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think Crawford should lose his job first.  Then Tito can be fired.

But first Crawford. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I am watching Tito give his postgame interview...I just wish one time he would say what he really thinks.  Maybe that would light a fire under this club to be called out by the manager once in awhile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]I am watching Tito give his postgame interview...I just wish one time he would say what he really thinks.  Maybe that would light a fire under this club to be called out by the manager once in awhile.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

What did he say?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Game Thread: Sox @ Orioles : What did he say?

His only comment was that after all of this...the Sox are still in it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Even on the long shot that this team makes the playoffs, they will shoot their wad just trying to get in, that there will be nothing left in round one. Who would you start Wakefield, Wyland, Lackey in Game 1. Come on those guys could not start a Little League Game.  Betcha Terry would second think all those games he gave players off in August abd September. I guess they will  have plenty of rest for their golf games in October.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If this collapse continues on to the end, this is going to effect this team for a long, long time. Don't expect them to go get a couple players and be back on top next year. This doesn't work that way--unless you're the 97 Denver Broncos.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Cardinals making a push for a WC tie... this would be unprecedented.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Even on the long shot that this team makes the playoffs, they will shoot their wad just trying to get in, that there will be nothing left in round one. Who would you start Wakefield, Wyland, Lackey in Game 1. Come on those guys could not start a Little League Game.  Betcha Terry would second think all those games he gave players off in August abd September. I guess they will  have plenty of rest for their golf games in October.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quadropenta. Show Quadropenta's posts

>If there's a one game playoff, who would pitch?
    Rest Aceves between now and then & start him.
    The man plays with heart, a rare thing on this team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I actually think that this collapse might be the worst event in Red Sox history.

It is that bad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I actually think that this collapse might be the worst event in Red Sox history. It is that bad.

Hmmm... I think 86 was worse. Two out, two run lead in the clinching game of the WS, then Carter, Mitchell, Knight, Mookie, Buckner. That was worse than this, but this could be second.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

How many games did VMART catch this year?

Detroit needed a DH and already had an All-Star young catcher. The Red Sox needed a catcher and have two lousy fielding catchers who can't hit. Red Sox could have signed a solid veteran defensive catcher to a one year deal via trade (Hernandez) and had VMart play majority split time at catcher and give way to a good defensive catcher late in close game lead situations.

Epstein needs to be fired!