Monday Night Game Thread - Sox/O's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Monday Night Game Thread - Sox/O's

If you think the Sox can't score anymore they don't deserve to win the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread - Sox/O's:
    [QUOTE]leave it to francona to go one batter too much.. had wheeler reeady. lefties are .357 vs him. righties just .145. y would u not bring him in then?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

And if those were his splits, what will be Francona's explanation be?
    I wanted to try and limit the bullpen? Well guess what, you failed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]They needed Wakefield to come through tonite after the marathon game last night and he is not doing it. Please Theo enough, not worth 5 million a year.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    Irritating isn't it? You'd think Wake would have tried harder, wouldn't you? Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's go Boys.  Get it back

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Yup, it's clobbering time ... bring out the bats and rack up another lead. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

if i didnt know the score, i'd know we were losing by the new addiditions, who just show up when things aren't going well. one run difference, no big deal, plenty of time

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I'm not putting this debacle solely on Wake - Terry should have had someone warming after the 2nd homer, yet waited for two more batters.  Also, Salty's effort to catch a 3rd strike was lazy, he never even tried to block it with his body.  Wake stunk, Terry stunk more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]if i didnt know the score, i'd know we were losing by the new addiditions who just show up when things aren't going well. one run difference, no big deal, plenty of time
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Hey J-Bay,

What was the site you mentioned the other day ... I cleared my history before saving it somewhere.  Sports viewing site .... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]If you think the Sox can't score anymore they don't deserve to win the game.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

This is one reason I don't come to game threads often, Jim. Too many crybabies at times of adversity.

It seems to go over too many people's heads that the team played 16 innings, so no matter who was starting, you're going to try to push them as much as possible.

If Reddick makes a better play on the ball in the first inning, he's out of that with just one run allowed. If Salty catches the strike three, this inning is a lot different.

Yes, Wake lost it, but he also was a bit unlucky.

And I love it when people say, just go out and get another pitcher -- as if there's an All-Star out there sitting on the shelf at Pitchers 'r' Us and Theo's a fool of not buying him.

I guess it has escaped some that the Sox's No. 1, No. 3 and No. 5 starters coming into the season aren't available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I know that I said it before, but I'll say it again. Aceves should be in the rotation. He is so obviously better than Wake, Miller and Weiland that I don't see how it is even arguable. The argument that he is " too valuable in the pen "  does not make sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I think everybody knew they would have to get a long outing by Wake tonight, that is everybody except the O's. Pushing it is what Tito does and sometimes it pushes back but really does it always have to be like 7 or 9 runs ??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread - Sox/O's : This is one reason I don't come to game threads often, Jim. Too many crybabies at times of adversity. It seems to go over too many people's heads that the team played 16 innings, so no matter who was starting, you're going to try to push them as much as possible.  If Reddick makes a better play on the ball in the first inning, he's out of that with just one run allowed. If Salty catches the strike three, this inning is a lot different. Yes, Wake lost it, but he also was a bit unlucky. And I love it when people say, just go out and get another pitcher -- as if there's an All-Star out there sitting on the shelf at Pitchers 'r' Us and Theo's a fool of not buying him. I guess it has escaped some that the Sox's No. 1, No. 3 and No. 5 starters coming into the season aren't available.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Uh FYI there is a starter out there that is available, his name is ubaldo jimenez. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I know that I said it before, but I'll say it again. Aceves should be in the rotation. He is so obviously better than Wake, Miller and Weiland that I don't see how it is even arguable. The argument that he is " too valuable in the pen "  does not make sense.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Then you haven't been paying attention. He has saved the bullpen. And he was just mediocre in his starts. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not putting this debacle solely on Wake - Terry should have had someone warming after the 2nd homer, yet waited for two more batters.  Also, Salty's effort to catch a 3rd strike was lazy, he never even tried to block it with his body.  Wake stunk, Terry stunk more.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]
    Good analysis Some people seem to feel that Wake had a choice as to how he pitched tonight. He has no choice, on the other hand, Francona does have a choice as to how he manages.....ummm sorry that's not true. He manages to the best of his ability, it's the lack of managing ability that does Francona in. He doesn't have the choice of managing well or managing poorly. He's stuck with managing poorly, which is his best. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

tito has a history of leaving wake in too long -- it's so obvious when wake's not got or has lost the feel of that wiffle ball pitch because it's flying out of the stadium; that should say plainly to tito: get a guy warmed up and get him out of there.  the passed ball blame on the catcher thing is totally bogus because that's the nature of the beast: that pitch gets away all the time no matter who's trying to catch the thing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread - Sox/O's : Uh FYI there is a starter out there that is available, his name is ubaldo jimenez. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

At what cost. And a 4.08 ERA with a 1.3 WHIP in the NL is hardly anything of a guarantee.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

agree on aceves starting over wake dgale 100%

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread - Sox/O's : Hey J-Bay,    What was the site you mentioned the other day ... I cleared my history before saving it somewhere.  Sports viewing site .... 
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

myp2p.eu....yaz, it's also on mlb extra inning,  having a free preview all week

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread - Sox/O's : Then you haven't been paying attention. He has saved the bullpen. And he was just mediocre in his starts. 
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Without Aceves in the bullpen, this team is 3-4 games behind the Yankees.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread - Sox/O's : Then you haven't been paying attention. He has saved the bullpen. And he was just mediocre in his starts. 
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    I have been paying attention. What does " saved the bullpen " even mean?  He is very capable of starting and pitching well.  Far better than Wake or Miller. Are you telling me that a middle reliever is more important than a quality starter?  Please!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

aceves should not be in the rotation. he is way more valuable in the pen and he stunk when the sox started him. we need to trade for a pitcher. plain and simple. Option A is Ubaldo Jimenez and we cant get him then go after garza. But as someone mentioned in another thread, we have to trade 3-5 of our prospects or the will be taken in the rule 5 draft as we do not have room on the 40 man roster for them and as a result they will be unprotected. Why not use them to get a young ace who is signed for 3 more years after for cheap? Ubaldo would give us a solid 1-3 in the rotation with buch gettign pushed to the 4 spot and lackey the 5. That rotation could go toe to toe with the phillies any day of the week. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

power outage at the trop.....game delay. what a disaster of a MLB ballpark

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

chit just lost my signal.  Massive Boomers outside.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Come on, Adrian. Punish one here!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

let's go gonzo