Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester:
    [QUOTE]You are loyal to a fault.  Leaving Lester out there that long was a blunder.  It was obvious he had nothing.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    I can't argue with the results but it was just a bloop hit.

This game is far from over! Go Sox!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester : Here come the hindsighters.  They're pathetic!
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]
    No. You are the one who sounds pathetic, now. You try to defend the indefensible. I was saying all along to pull Lester. That is not hindsight. It is just common sense if you have been watching Lester struggle all night.  Sure , it was a bloop but the chances of him getting out of that inning were not very good. He had absolutely nothing. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]is wheeler any good this year ? this game is over.  tito leaving lester in too long.  4 runs that could have been perfectly avoided, icing the game for Sox. back to sharing the division with the Yanks.
    Posted by blingblang[/QUOTE]

Wimp.  If the Red Sox come back, I'm going to open a thread outing you as a quitter. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

3 run homer by Crawford, I'm calling it 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'll take any hit

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Hit hard... just missed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

FRANCONA. Lester at 125+ pitches with bases loaded. Leave him in. Leave him in. Leave him in.

YET YET yet ANOTHER HIT. 

Moron. Moron. Moron.

W T F.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We need a big hit

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Good call.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester : No. You are the one who sounds pathetic, now. You try to defend the indefensible. I was saying all along to pull Lester. That is not hindsight. It is just common sense if you have been watching Lester struggle all night.  Sure , it was a bloop but the chances of him getting out of that inning were not very good. He had absolutely nothing. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Before labelling you a hindsighter, I went back and saw the post were you suggested they pull Lester before the inning started.  Fair enough.  Still, that hit was still a bloop, and had it landed in the right place, the Red Sox would have been out of that inning. 

They just finished a double-header and they had four innings to fill with the bullpen.  I'd take my chances with the cagey Lester rather than a with a middle reliever, even if Lester doesn't have his best stuff. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

The argument that would be fair to make would be that Lester threw too many pitches by then and should be conserved for the season. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

There's Drinkwater.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester : Wimp.  If the Red Sox come back, I'm going to open a thread outing you as a quitter. 

Must feel quite secure sitting behind a computer calling names.  I hope Sox do come back, so you can have more happy endings with these threads.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester : Before labelling you a hindsighter, I went back and saw the post were you suggested they pull Lester before the inning started.  Fair enough.  Still, that hit was still a bloop, and had it landed in the right place, the Red Sox would have been out of that inning.  They just finished a double-header and they had four innings to fill with the bullpen.  I'd take my chances with the cagey Lester rather than a with a middle reliever, even if Lester doesn't have his best stuff. 
    I could agree with you if Lester had shown anything at all to justify leaving him in. But he struggled right from the 1st inning. Allowing him to throw that many pitches ( was it a career high ?) when he just did not have it was asking for trouble and , in my opinion ,was a mistake.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Wheeler's looked good since shiving us with those extra 2 runs.