Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester:
    In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester : Before labelling you a hindsighter, I went back and saw the post were you suggested they pull Lester before the inning started.  Fair enough.  Still, that hit was still a bloop, and had it landed in the right place, the Red Sox would have been out of that inning.  They just finished a double-header and they had four innings to fill with the bullpen.  I'd take my chances with the cagey Lester rather than a with a middle reliever, even if Lester doesn't have his best stuff. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Tito leaving him in. Isn't that what many fans complain about -- that managers don't let their pitchers try to pitch out of trouble. Lester's is an ace. I don't have a problem with letting an ace pitch out of a jam.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester:
    The argument that would be fair to make would be that Lester threw too many pitches by then and should be conserved for the season. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas

I didnt have a problem leaving him in LMR. pitch count was my only concern; his highest to date other than the no-hitter

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester : Must feel quite secure sitting behind a computer calling names.  I hope Sox do come back, so you can have more happy endings with these threads.
    Posted by blingblang

I have tolerance for mistakes.  It's part of the game.  I don't have tolerance for quitters.  Oh, did I hurt your feelings by calling you what you are?  Good, you thin-skinned wimp.  Now get a backbone and don't count your team out!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

I hear that Mr. Orsillo is  being courted by TNT... while he would greatly improve their announcing bullpen I fear losing him... or would this be a temporary/part-time gig?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread White Sox vs. Red Sox - Peavy vs. Lester : I didnt have a problem leaving him in LMR. pitch count was my only concern; his highest to date other than the no-hitter
    Posted by J-BAY

I saw your post earlier, and know that you're one of those posters that stands behind what you claim, regardless of the outcome later.  A real man. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

i think orsillo signed a new contract last year with NESN. TBS may be for the post season, he's been doing them for the past few years for them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hi all, i guess we have 2 aces now not named LESTER?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

LATELY, LESTER CAN'T GET OUT OF HIS OWN WAY AGAINST
    OPPOSING TEAMS. TONITE, HE WAS BEHIND IN THE COUNT
    AGAINST NEARLY EVERY BATTER AND YOU AREN'T GONNA
    WIN THAT WAY, AGAINST THE WHITE SOX WHO HAVE A
    LOT OF PROFESSIONAL HITTERS ON THEIR TEAM, EVEN THO
    THEY HAVE UNDERPERFORMED. I'M TALKING ABOUT
    KONERKO, PIERRE, AJ, QUENTIN., ETC. FRANCONA, IN HIS
    ZEAL TO GET LESTER A WIN, COST THE SOX A CHANCE TO
    COMPETE. LESTER HAD NOTHING AND FRANCONA LET HIM
    THROW NEARLY 130 PITCHES, ENDANGERING HIS ARM
    AND PUTTING THE TEAM IN THE TOILET. THIS LOSS IS ON
    FRANCONA AS MUCH AS IT IS ON LESTER.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Polyannas will always rule message boards.

Truth, not so much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I hear that Mr. Orsillo is  being courted by TNT... while he would greatly improve their announcing bullpen I fear losing him... or would this be a temporary/part-time gig?
    Posted by OV

TBS only does Sunday and post season games at present.  Does not sound like a full time job but I doubt NESN would give him every Sunday off to work on TBS. Personally , I would not mind losing him. There are plenty of others out there to replace him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Man the White Sox are getting a lot of weak hits tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

assuming we are at full strength (minus dice k) pitching wise in a week, we will have 8 guys eligible for the bull pen, only 7 can possibly stay. who will you send down or boot out? dont think rich hill or wheelwr have options? cant quit wake (assume that he wont remember his bad back or something fishy) or aceves. what gives?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Looked like Drew could of got him if he fielded that clean.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

The only reason Lester was left in the game was to give him a chance to get the win and and that is not a good reason at all.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The only reason Lester was left in the game was to give him a chance to get the win and and that is not a good reason at all.
    Posted by plinny

Good point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Polyannas will always rule message boards. Truth, not so much.
    Posted by NHSOUTH

Unfortunately, thin-skinned grousers rule this message board when then the team loses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

assuming we are at full strength (minus dice k) pitching wise in a week, we will have 8 guys eligible for the bull pen, only 7 can possibly stay. who will you send down or boot out? dont think rich hill or wheelwr have options? cant quit wake (assume that he wont remember his bad back or something fishy) or aceves. what gives?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

You do realize I was drinking quite heavily today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Let me amend a bit what I said about Lester. He is for sure
    a gamer, but a good manager should see that his pitcher is
    struggling and should get the pen up early, instead of
    desperately trying to get him the win. Lester should have
    not have come out for the sixth on any account. He was
    rapidly tiring and was all over the place. That's why you
    have a bullpen. I don't care if he's Walter Johnson....he
    was having a shaky night and with over 100 pitches ,
    the manager should have taken action....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

When Jenks returns tomorrow , Bowden goes back down. When Lackey comes back, Aceves or Wake goes back to the pen and Atchison probably goes back down. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I didn't realize we are just a hit away from disaster.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts