Monday Night Game Thread:Red Sox at Indians- Buchholz vs. Masterson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Re: Monday Night Game Thread:Red Sox at Indians- Buchholz vs. Masterson

Cry

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

games over.......one loss, pedey twisted his LEFT ankle, that would be bigger loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Loyalty is a virtue but please deal with realities. Managers always get second-guessed.  Why do some people always get their backs up when criticism is given. Taking Clay out there was a mistake, plain and simple. Pitching to Cabrera was another mistake, plain and simple.  Tito's moves in that inning most likely lost the ballgame. The criticism is justified.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread:Red Sox at Indians- Buchholz vs. Masterson:
    [QUOTE]Crawford is a good ball player but not worth 20 million a year. Teixeira was a better fit here as I said two years ago.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

what does one have to do with the other??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

How bad can he get? How is this possible ? Man 2 steps forward and 4 steps back it seems like for him. 

Is he a head case in disguise? So many questions and NO ANSWERS!!! ugh. 

This loss was a bad loss tonight, we should have had it and we had injuries!

Come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Monday Night Game Thread:Red Sox at Indians- Buchholz vs. Masterson:
    [QUOTE]Loyalty is a virtue but please deal with realities. Managers always get second-guessed.  Why do some people always get their backs up when criticism is given. Taking Clay out there was a mistake, plain and simple. Pitching to Cabrera was another mistake, plain and simple.  Tito's moves in that inning most likely lost the ballgame. The criticism is justified.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I'd tend to agree. The pitch count wasn't all that high, and you could just FEEL that hit by Cabrera coming. But let's hope Pedroia ONLY "twisted his ankle". My fear is that he broke something loose in that foot he had surgery on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

"T", you gotta man up! Take off the skirt and start acting like a MANager. Walk Cabrera, no question about it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]pathetic ....say what u will c'ford has been a waste of money so far this yr..220 ish ba and hardly steals wow how bad can it get....
    Posted by mvpyouk20[/QUOTE]
    We would be losing 1-3 if crawford wasn't here.... He did hit a homer you know

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I swear, this team has more depressing, gut wrenching losses than any other, and does it on a consisten basis. Oh well, try again tommorow I guess. I'm outta here. Somethings gotta be done about Bard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well, let's hope that Pedroia is okay. Sox have a history of underestimating these injuries. As for Crawford, I really can't fault him too much there. He hit the ball sharply, it just happened to be right at the second baseman.  No hitter can really direct the ball into a hole. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flag-waiver. Show flag-waiver's posts

tonight's game was sickning.  Hey Terry, what ever happened to a suicide-side sqeese bunt to tie the game.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]                          "T", you gotta man up! Take off the skirt and start acting like a MANager. Walk Cabrera, no question about it. 
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

the sox must have the worst record in baseball with RISP!bard needs to throw an off speed pitch hitters sit on the fastball.unhappy!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Peter Abraham says Pedey just jammed his foot, and may be ok. Here's the link.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/red-sox-live-blog-red-sox-face-justin-masterson-cleveland-indians-at-progressive-field.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

post game pedroia said he had numbness in his left leg...said he's fine. hit a nerve and had a stinger. feeling came back after 5 minutes. francona said pedey had a scheduled day off off tomorrow with a day game on wed.... not to read anything into it. francona said wanted to keep buch's pitch count under 100 after throwing so many last outing.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]I give up. How in the world do you pitch to him? First base was open!!!
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Couldnt agree more, as much as I love Tito the guy has gone like 8-9 with 3 HRs in two days and first base is empty. Not exactly rocket f/c/k/n science. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

They'll shake it off. Tomorrow is another game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, noticed that story about Pedroia. Takes a little of the sting out of tonights game, but still sucks. The worst part about it is that you'd think with first place there for the taking, they would bear down and grab it. I don't know, that bothers me. What are the chances Yankees and Rays both lose again tommorow night? And we still don't know if there will be any leftover trouble with Beckett's neck. Something to keep an eye on. Carmona is beatable though, I think.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Personally I would have squeezed....BUT...normally one of the fastest guys in MLB doesn't hit into a double play and Crawford has been clutch this year as of lately.  You can win 100 games but your still ganna lose 62.  You can bat .350 with runners in scoring position two outs and the game on the line but your still going to fail 65 % of the time.  I'm not going to play the CAPTAIN HINDSIGHT.....FRANCONA SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS OR THAT game.  Overall my Sox are playing amazing baseball, the horrible start is over and from here on out they will win some and they will lose some as long as the later comes less frequently....i think they will be ok. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, I agree that if they won the next two this game wouldn't mean much. IF. Took them 5 tries to get to .500, hopefully not that many to get into first. But I'm already sick of Cleveland. One of those annoying "out of nowhere" teams like the 08 Rays.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya this was a bad loss for sure. I have now clue as to why francona pulled buchholz as he was only at like 90 pitches with one out in the inning. bard has not been great lately so why not stick with buchholz who was pitching good and then if he gets in trouble bring in rich hill? makes way more sense. and ya bard has to stop relying so much on his fastball, just ask papelbon how thats worked out for him the last 2 years. bard has a nasty change up and a pretty good slider. mix them in there and the fastball becomes a million times for effective. And ya why the f**K would tito pitch to cabrera? he is like the only guy hitting on that team and is on fire lately and first base was open. walk him, set up the double play and keep the ball low in the zone. much better strategy than pitching to a teams hottest hitter with a runner on second and 1 out( or was it 2, cant remember) This is not hard s**t to figure out. Its practically common sense in terms of managing a baseball game. And then in the top of the 9th with runners on the corners crawford is up with 1 out. Now normally i would probably not advocate a suicide squeeze in this situation but when you have your fastest runner up who has not exactly been tearing the cover off the ball lately and a pretty good runner at third in jd drew, this is a perfect situation to do a suicide squeeze. But no tito lets crawford swing away and what happens? a game ending double play! Just another example of why tito is a sh*t excuse for a manager. He should be sent packing and his buddy bogar can go with him. those of you who say tito is a good manager have no leg to stand on. 2 of the last 3 game we lost because of mismanagement. we could be in first right now by a full game if it wasnt for the coma.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I think ripping Tito for not doing a suicide sqeeze may be a bit harsh. If he tries that and it fails, he'd never hear the end of it. That's a low percentage play, a safety squeeze might have been in order. Besides, how often does Crawford bunt? My criticism comes with taking Buch out a bit early, and pitching to Cabrera.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I think ripping Tito for not doing a suicide sqeeze may be a bit harsh. If he tries that and it fails, he'd never hear the end of it. That's a low percentage play, a safety squeeze might have been in order. Besides, how often does Crawford bunt? My criticism comes with taking Buch out a bit early, and pitching to Cabrera.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. The managing in the 8th inning left a lot to be desired. There is absolutely no rationale whatsoever for pitching to Cabrera. Tito was not thinking there and just blew it. As for the squeeze play; I don't like it there. No guarantee that it will work. Even if it does, you do not want to just play for the tie there. With the state of our pen , the Indians would almost certainly have won it in sudden death. We have surely seen that scenario enough. You want to play for the win on the road there, so you can use your closer in the bottom of the 9th. Tito made some big blunders in this game but not using the squeeze was not one of them. Crawford hit the ball hard but, unfortunately, right at Cabrera.  Another tough to swallow loss. It is always tougher when you blow a lead late.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Bard should have been told to try and get Cabrera to chase, with first base open. Tito has done a lousy job of field and team management, over the first quarter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Coma did his usual steller job of managing the bullpen but having CC squeeze after he has jacked one? I dont think so...

Being doubled up?????? who saw that? I didnt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

That was as close to Sox taking the lead in the division as it came to.  Can't believe the Indians are playing this good.

Good game by Bucholz and Masterson.

If Sox can take the next 2 games, they will be in good shape at least psychologically, winning at Cleveland this year.

Still only 0.5 game out.  I think today 2 out of the 3 teams will win - Yanks, Rays & Sox.

Carmona is beatable, but Sox will have to apply themselves and score some runs.

Sections
Shortcuts