Monday's Game Thread Padres at Red Sox LeBlanc vs. Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Monday's Game Thread Padres at Red Sox LeBlanc vs. Miller

In Response to Re: Monday's Game Thread Padres at Red Sox LeBlanc vs. Miller:
    In Response to Re: Monday's Game Thread Padres at Red Sox LeBlanc vs. Miller : He pretty much disappeared from the game threads when the Sox started stringing wins together, didn't he?
    Posted by joel49

Yes. I have rarely seen him, but during 2-10 he was here every moment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Here's a thought. Is Jacoby Ellsbury turning into Grady Sizemore when Sizemore was healthy and doing what he used to do?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Monday's Game Thread Padres at Red Sox LeBlanc vs. Miller : Drew made a great sliding catch and had a hit, but 5 years of expressionless and  subpar (14 mill, really??)  performance is thankfully coming to an end. No Cy Young winners on the Padres thus year, huh?  
    Posted by georgelyons

Hi George. he didnt live up to expectations, but the contract was what was given to him and i dont believe not being animated means he doesnt care. He was a great RF and had some clutch hits, but i think most agree, no tears when he goes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Coma trying to give the game back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Woot!  Well, we pretty much could guess what way this was going after the 7th, but still...

Woot!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Goodnight all.  It's been fun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

goodnight everyone. same old, same old....that never gets old. Beckett tomorrow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

And a good night all!  I cacn focus on those little donuts now...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

A wonderful WOOT! to you Yoshi.  G'nite everybody.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Coma trying to give the game back.
    Posted by piersall

Yeah, I'm getting nervous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Great game.

Gonna relax and read a book.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Another one in the win column. Favorable matchup tomorrow with Josh going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

just heard on the post game; Beckett's sick, Aceves going tomorrow

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georgelyons. Show georgelyons's posts

In Response to Re: Monday's Game Thread Padres at Red Sox LeBlanc vs. Miller : Hi George. he didnt live up to expectations, but the contract was what was given to him and i dont believe not being animated means he doesnt care.
    Posted by J-BAY

Hi J-Bay ~

Nice W! Being a singer, I guess I define these high priced players   as  multimillionaire entertainers equally  the same as just being baseball players.

They are performing in an arena with tens of thousands of spectators watching "LIVE" and millions more at home viewing them on TV. They are onstage just as if they were doing Shakespeare in the Park or singing "Summer Wind" at The Hollywood Bowl.

I don't ascribe to the maxim that "they just owe their fans a good performance" on the field.  For a mediocre $95 seat located out in right field (section 14)  and $4.75 Diet Cokes, $8 beers, and $5 hot dogs, not to mention $35-$90 for parking, I wanna see a little fire in the belly once in a while; a bit of humanity, not the same robotic response whether it's a K or a HR.

You could say, "you can't be too high or too low", but come on, this guy's a blank page. Anyway, yeah, I remember the Grand Slam in '07 vs. Cleveland in the ACS, but what else??? Oh, yeah, nice sliding grab tonight in garbage time. Ha ha ha ha. Whatever your reasons, you are obviously a JD Drew defender/proponent. I don't see it, but that's why Howard Johnson's used to have 28 flavors. Cool
     Nite, J-Bay!

p.s. Just saw a replay of Ortiz's 14 pitch at but culminating in an opposite field RBI producing single - when he got to first base, DO tipped his cap and bowed to the cheering fans in the front rows opposite 1st base. That's SHOW BIZ. Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

would have liked coma to let miller finish the inning. Hundley was 0-2, why not let him finish it off. Not a big deal but it shows a young guy like miller that the manager has confidence in him. The bigger issue is coma continuing to start mcdonald and cameron. The are hitting so bad its not even funny. Start reddick and drew. I dont give a f**k that they are left handed, they are both hitting better off lefties that cameron or mcdonald. Yet coma continues to start them. Enough is enough. This team needs to win games and that will not happen if we keep starting garbage players like those 2. Especially mcdonald who should not even be in the majors. There is a reason why he has spent so long in the minors. Just imagine how good this team could have been if it was managed by someone who knows how to manage a mlb team. There would have been no 2-10 start and we would have a much larger lead on the yanks. Reddick finished the night 1-1 with 2 rbi and a walk and drew finished 1-1 with a walk. Cameron and mcdonald finished a combined 0-5 with 3 k's with 4 LOB. Enough said. Put thsoe 2 back on the bench where they belong even when there is a lefty on the mound. I would take 2 lefties who can hit lefties over 2 righties who cant hit period any day of the week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georgelyons. Show georgelyons's posts

Goodnight all.  It's been fun.
    Posted by joel49

Nite, Joel - hey, you coming to Ma. for the September 24th Reunion? I'm on the fence, but if you go, I'll go. Susan Epstein may go, I guess. And my Susan. Ron Cox I think is going. Go Red Sox. Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Monday's Game Thread Padres at Red Sox LeBlanc vs. Miller : Nah. I don't have the MLB package, so I've got the Bruins game on the NHL channel, while I moniter the the Sox game on the computer while I surf the web. And drinking a beer. Multi-tasking.
    Posted by royf19

Sounds cool.  The baseball package is not cheap but I rationaize it by watching at least 140 Sox games per year and then other random games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Here's a thought. Is Jacoby Ellsbury turning into Grady Sizemore when Sizemore was healthy and doing what he used to do?
    Posted by TheExaminer

Grady Sizemore averaged 116 runs, nearly 27 homeruns, nearly 29 stolen bases and 6.1 WAR* a year in his four seasons ages 22-25.

That's a lofty standard for 27-year-old Jacoby Ellsbury, who is only a year younger than his fellow product of the Pacific Northwest. Ellsbury, however, has been valued at 3.1 WAR so far this season.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at Baseball Reference:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sizemgr01.shtml

Sections
Shortcuts