Money PIT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Money PIT

Wanna fix your Sox? Stop supporting them financially, Go to no games, buy no apparel ignore them completely. Treat them like they are TB. and watch what happens!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Money PIT

This strategy, if nothing else will get John Henry's attention big time. As Mazz suggested/accused Henry in his article that he is now simply treating the Red Sox as a brand and not as a team he owns with a deep passion for winning like George.

Hit Henry hard in his pocket book and watch the dominos fall quickly, inclusive of him selling the club.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Geez. That's like asking an addict to pass on a fix.
    I'm all for the idea. But getting RedSox nation to all be on the same page is like expecting world peace...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Calling for a one day boycott in the middle of July might make some noise but I know there would still be a bunch of indifferent people (poor and rich) that would attend the game... very difficult to get the masses to follow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

This is not much of a statement, but I'm considering holding back on renewing my mlb.com subscription for next season until the Red Sox show me something.  This is not really about making a statement, but more about saving a few bucks and some time.  I'm pretty busy the first couple of months of the season anyway, and I wouldn't be that interested in paying to watch the team play uninspired baseball. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'll support that with the same. If a movement is started, which is doubtful,
    I wonder if it would actually do more damage, putting the FO into panic mode...that is, if they aren't there already.

Ticket/TV revenue was substantially down last winter when they made the Crawford splash.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i dont attend too many games - i simply cant afford it...i get nesn thru comcast so thats not an issue - i dont line henry's pocket with cash but the comment about boycotting the sox would be like achieving world peace is about right-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Money PIT:
    [QUOTE]Wanna fix your Sox? Stop supporting them financially, Go to no games, buy no apparel ignore them completely. Treat them like they are TB. and watch what happens!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

Promise,

That may be why no one pays attention to me.  I already do all those things - with the rare purchase of a Red Sox item.

But then I am sorta limited in travel and funds (no tears, please, life is still good).  IF I had the money and time, I'd be at Fenway often. So that really doesn't mean I'm the person you mention, it just means I have other priorities and realities.  Such is life.

But my heart, like yours, is with the Sox, win lose or transition ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Money PIT:
    [QUOTE]Geez. That's like asking an addict to pass on a fix. I'm all for the idea. But getting RedSox nation to all be on the same page is like expecting world peace...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

LOL, Harness, I myself could never do it. I was suggesting to the Nation!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Money PIT : Promise,    That may be why no one pays attention to me.  I already do all those things - with the rare purchase of a Red Sox item.    But then I am sorta limited in travel and funds (no tears, please, life is still good).  IF I had the money and time, I'd be at Fenway often. So that really doesn't mean I'm the person you mention, it just means I have other priorities and realities.  Such is life.    But my heart, like yours, is with the Sox, win lose or transition ....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Hello my friend I have missed you. Like I said in the previous post to Harness, I cannot do what i stated. Heck I supported them in the lean years! I can only see them play when they are in Cleveland, detroit and Chi Town anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Money PIT : Hello my friend I have missed you. Like I said in the previous post to Harness, I cannot do what i stated. Heck I supported them in the lean years! I can only see them play when they are in Cleveland, detroit and Chi Town anyway.
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

:o)  It is good to see you also.  Even if the times aren't the happiest.  But your thought is still enough to start a ripple effect....

If I got paid for the time I spent here, maybe that would be considered investment!  HA! 

Yessir, those lean years are more likely the times I actually went to Fenway ...only 50 or 60 miles from my house growing up.  

If you see them in those other towns, it still doesn't put money in Henry's pocket, does it?  Profit sharing comes FROM Henry (or the Sox) to the less fortunate clubs...

About 5 years ago there was a slim chance I'd pastor in Baltimore.  I was eager for the chance ... and, to no one's surprise in my family ... in part becasue I could catch the Sox at Camden Yard!!!  :oD

We can't change our hearts, my friend.  We're just plain infected.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I have sent an email to the bosox and MLB, I have canceleled my subscription (not that either care)! Momma and I are now officialy boycotting the Red sox Until they come clean! Let the movement begin!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I cann't forego buying my Sox hats every year but I don't support John Henry except by watching his product on the TV.  I still don't understand the sellout record at the stadium when I see so many empty seats at some games.   Must be the rich untaxed multitudes not going to games they have paid for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Ya got moxie Promise! I'm betting you aren't alone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Boycotting is silly, even if it worked. You have a team that spends, and will spend this coming year. They are committed to winning.  What would be the goal of the boycott? Fire Francona? Gone. Epstein? Chicago. Bring in a couple stars? Done. Spend money wisely? They are trying. This is not a fanchise that is taking the fanbase for granted right now. If they dump Lsckey and get Wilson they have greatly improved.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Hey JOE, UGGGG

Sections
Shortcuts