Mookie, Mookee-ee!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Mookie, Mookee-ee!

Who said this kid can't play CF! This kid will be 22 in October. Will it be, at least in part, a platoon situation with Bradley? Either way, we're a differnt team, now, against lefties, that's for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Mookie, Mookee-ee!

MOOKIE, MOOKIE, lend me your comb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

If he hits a weak ground ball that goes between the opposing first baseman's legs to become the most memorable play in a RS WS Championship................................Mooooookie!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Amazing catch. I really thought he was injured for a moment. Glad that wasn't the case. And I LOVED the fact that it was Ellsbury's shot that he ran down in centerfield. Ellsbury who?

Other names I have posted under: None

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Amazing catch. I really thought he was injured for a moment. Glad that wasn't the case. And I LOVED the fact that it was Ellsbury's shot that he ran down in centerfield. Ellsbury who?

Wrong. How about Kimsaysnothing?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Ya know.... I liked that catch too.  I thought it showed excellent athletic ability.

I also thought JBJ would have caught that same ball, "just to stay loose" (as Eck would say).  I see JBJ as having turned his back on the ball, run to the spot, turned and made the catch without the fanfare - just like he usually does.  
    [object HTMLDivElement]

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Who says Mookie can't play 3 B--who said Holt can't play every position on the field. The next time we're in a blow-out game try him behind the plate---after some work in the pen of course. We can always use an emergency catcher.

This is the time to see what VERSATILITY  they actually have. 

Speaking of versatility---who will the Sox call up today as it appears Ross will be on the DL??? Do they send for Butler or Lavarnway??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I believe Betts hit lead off in both Portland and Pawtucket so it certainly wouldn't be anything new to him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who says Mookie can't play 3 B--who said Holt can't play every position on the field. The next time we're in a blow-out game try him behind the plate---after some work in the pen of course. We can always use an emergency catcher.

Speaking of versatility---who will the Sox call up today as it appears Ross will be on the DL??? Do they send for Butler or Lavarnway??

[/QUOTE

Ross has been fighting this thing for too long,  He now belongs on the DL and we cannot have only one catcher.  

My guess is that it will be Butler, since he's spent time in AAA and Swihart is still in Portland.

Who would have thought a month ago that Vaz would be our #1 catcher early in August??

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to S5's comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

[/QUOTE

Ross has been fighting this thing for too long,  He now belongs on the DL and we cannot have only one catcher.  

My guess is that it will be Butler, since he's spent time in AAA and Swihart is still in Portland.

Who would have thought a month ago that Vaz would be our #1 catcher early in August??

[object HTMLDivElement]

He deserves the opportunity--he's handled himself very well. Swihart may get a chance at AAA if they don't sign Kottaras as insurance. I think he was released when AJ was signed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I feel badly for Butler.  I've seen him in ST and he's not at all a bad catcher.  He's just in the wrong place at the wrong time, with both Vazquez and Swihart behind him, gaining on him, and now Vaz has passed him. 

IMO he'd be perfectly serviceable as a backup catcher until Ross gets back and possibly he can make enough of an impression on some GM to be packaged as part of a trade in the off season to some team where he can get a chance to play.  

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I feel badly for Butler.  I've seen him in ST and he's not at all a bad catcher.  He's just in the wrong place at the wrong time, with both Vazquez and Swihart behind him, gaining on him, and now Vaz has passed him. 

IMO he'd be perfectly serviceable as a backup catcher until Ross gets back and possibly he can make enough of an impression on some GM to be packaged as part of a trade in the off season to some team where he can get a chance to play.  

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

His offensive numbers are utter trash. I hope he is + defender.

Sections
Shortcuts