Mookie's Getting a Rest? After 4 games and a day off?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Mookie's Getting a Rest? After 4 games and a day off?

Is Farrell still in charge? Maybe some BIG changes are necessary!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Mookie's Getting a Rest? After 4 games and a day off?

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well, got to play bradley in some point.  Cant sit one rookie on the bench as many times as you can.  Boston may need to play everyone to evaluate who stay or who go no matter where they are going such as to be send down back to farm system or being used a trade bait, etc.  REmember Middlebrook, Carp and Victorino could all be back soon which mean there will be three roster moves. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Double header today, bosox. Split squads, especially with a day game tomorrow, 3 games in 48 hours. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Gotta pace your guys so you can go into October well-rested and strong. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's a kid! He could play 3 game a day if there was such a thing; and HE'S THE BEST HITTER THEY HAVE!

[/QUOTE]

Double header today, bosox. Split squads, especially with a day game tomorrow. I assume he'll be in game 2, tonight. 

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I can't believe they rested Mookie after only 4 games....I mean he's only played 4 games in his entire life.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The whole team had a rest since spring training.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The only rest for Sox fans...our eyes with blindfolds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

What is the big deal?  They rested Drew after two games and he had the benefit of working out at TBIFDOB (The Boras Institute for Delusional, Overrated Ballplayers).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gotta pace your guys so you can go into October well-rested and strong. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, golf is a tough game.

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well, got to play bradley in some point.  Cant sit one rookie on the bench as many times as you can.  Boston may need to play everyone to evaluate who stay or who go no matter where they are going such as to be send down back to farm system or being used a trade bait, etc.  REmember Middlebrook, Carp and Victorino could all be back soon which mean there will be three roster moves. 

[/QUOTE]

This season, so far, is that well-known' bridge to nowhere.'

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]J F DID SAY THAT THEY HAD 5 PLAYERS FOR 4 POSITIONS....WILL ROTATE & REST AS NEEDED !!

[/QUOTE]

Have Farkell define what he considers a player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Wow, y'all will complain over almost anything.

Where is it written that rookies have to play every game?  Oh my gawd, our .200 hitting rookie (who should probably still be in AAA) is sitting on behalf of our .208 hitting rookie.

What will ever become of us?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Speaking of 'bridge to nowhere,' if Farkell wore glasses, he'd look a lot like Sarah Palin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where is it written that rookies have to play every game?  Oh my gawd, our .200 hitting rookie (who should probably still be in AAA) is sitting on behalf of our .208 hitting rookie.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you would know a good hitter if he had won an MVP. Wake up, this is no ordinary rookie!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]J F DID SAY THAT THEY HAD 5 PLAYERS FOR 4 POSITIONS....WILL ROTATE & REST AS NEEDED !!

[/QUOTE]

Have Farkell define what he considers a player.

[/QUOTE]
    I guess it would include Drew

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is the big deal?  They rested Drew after two games and he had the benefit of working out at TBIFDOB (The Boras Institute for Delusional, Overrated Ballplayers).

[/QUOTE]
    Yes, and sitting on the bench watching two games in one day, might put Papi on the DL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mookie is terrible! He can't hit MLB pitching, cannot catch the ball!!! His time is up, who is next?

[/QUOTE]

Devon Marrero? Christian Vasquez??? they seem like a few good guys we can call up tomorrow and be bashing by Monday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The FO is afraid of the ramifications if he plays everyday and struggles like JBJ and Baeggerts and what the press would say of the farm system. Managements idea of solving every deficiency by the shuttle run from Pawtucket to Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   UConn, My guess is that when Shane comes back, Betts will be sent back down. They should look to trade Carp. He is pretty much the same player as Nava , but not quite as good. Middlebrooks will be interesting. If Bogaerts continues to struggle, he could find himself back in Pawtucket. I don't think they will trade Drew. Herrera is useful as a utility guy. Something has to give.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mookie is terrible! He can't hit MLB pitching, cannot catch the ball!!! His time is up, who is next?

[/QUOTE]

he is not a terrible player..he is just a young kid.  Remember, his natural position was 2nd base.  More he moved around, the more he can mess up his mentally as a defense and hitting.  That is what happening to Bogarets.  Bogarets got to figure out where he should play for the next 15 years.  SS or 3b isnt working for him at the major league level.  Playing in AAA or AA may suit for him cuz these hitters are not as strong as these major league level hitters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bingo, Betts and Xander really shouldn't even be in the majors. Please season these kids, as I referred to things in the Pipp thread. You got let kids develop in the MINOR LEAGUES not the MAJOR LEAGUES.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you would know a good hitter if he had won an MVP. Wake up, this is no ordinary rookie!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Bradley and Bogaerts dominated just as well in the minors.  I have no idea why our prospects have to be regarded as either HOFers or busts in the first couple of months of their careers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bingo, Betts and Xander really shouldn't even be in the majors. Please season these kids, as I referred to things in the Pipp thread. You got let kids develop in the MINOR LEAGUES not the MAJOR LEAGUES.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed completely. This kid Betts has excelled in the minors. If I remember correctly, he was pretty good on the base path when we saw him in Lowell..but both he and Xander needed more seasoning, as you call it, in the minors.

I won't be surprised to see Xander moved down for a bit. I don't mind them moving a minor leaguer up and down from the minors to get them some major league experience but still allow them to excel.

Sections
Shortcuts