Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!:
    From what I have read before coming back here is that the same thing will happen to Georom in regards to Beckett. I like the lack of troll traffic in the forum upon my return here.
    Posted by Pike2

LOL....as if you've been gone on sabatical/safari for months and are just now getting in with your trophies. Was is you that shot those man eating lions in Africa? No wait, that was Val Kilmer, nevermind....As if you haven't been here every minute trolling and policing. As if....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!

If this forum were a high school, Pike would be our overweight gym teacher - every school has one! 

Softy would be the history teacher and military recruiter, constructing a rigid fiction, teaching about his specialty (propogandist and name calling dehumanization) and recruiting others to fight in his dubious causes. 

as for the topic at hand, I don't agree with Moon about making any kind of offer for Wake as I think he's low in the tank and there is a need for some regime change in the clubhouse. I hated Wake's comments about the fans wanting him back to set records...

on the other hand with the sudden bargain hunting mentality, you could see the Sox making that kind of offer. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million!:
    In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : You forget Bill, That Wake is only two years removed from an AS appearance. Name one other pitcher on the 40 man roster (other than Lester, Beck and Buch of course) that can give the RS 150+ innings. When was the last time any of those 4 I mentioned, pitched 150 innings?
    Posted by Alibiike

So, your logic is the Red Sox should sign this old, out of shape can't field his position, selfish "pitcher"... because he can give you 150 innings of horrendous 5+ ERA?

Uh... got it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

You continue to prove your ignorance. Hard to believe you even bring up Jacobys name given the fact that he has exposed you to be the moron you are. You have to pray he doesnt repeat last year or else you just might have to slither off entirely.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : You forget Bill, That Wake is only two years removed from an AS appearance. Name one other pitcher on the 40 man roster (other than Lester, Beck and Buch of course) that can give the RS 150+ innings. When was the last time any of those 4 I mentioned, pitched 150 innings?
    Posted by Alibiike
    It shouldn't be based on the number of innings but rather on the quality of those innings pitched. Based on that Wakefield deserves to be out of a job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : I happen to agree with Moon. I would trust Wakefield over Padilla, Cook, Maine, or Silva.
    Posted by Alibiike
       I SEE MY ORIGINAL POST WAS SOOOOOO HOT, THAT IT HAS BEEN REMOVED !!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Wakefield is no class act, and he has been paid over 50 million dollars! The Red Sox minus Wastefield make the 2011 playoffs.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr
    SO, OUT SIDE OF THAT MRS. LINCOLN, HOW DID YOU ENJOY YHE PLAY ?????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : Easy on Jacoby....don't say anything stupid or you will be forced to run away again and get a new username on here to save face
    Posted by thepeskypole6

I reported his "pervert" comment so he's probably banned already...AGAIN.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Past is in the past.  We should thank Wakefield for his contributions.  Now, it's time for him to go.  He created a circus around wanting to meet certain personal goals while not saying anything about team wins.  He is not going to be effective any more.  I'd rather give others a chance than waste money on a distraction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : It shouldn't be based on the number of innings but rather on the quality of those innings pitched. Based on that Wakefield deserves to be out of a job.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer

You need to look at his game log, then try posting this again. A pitcher doesn't get 150 innings unless they are good. He had many more good innings than bad, and had serveral starts in which he gave up 3 or less ER (even though ERA alone is not a real good indicator of effectiveness).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : So, your logic is the Red Sox should sign this old, out of shape can't field his position, selfish "pitcher"... because he can give you 150 innings of horrendous 5+ ERA? Uh... got it.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Your level of stupidity is breathtaking!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Now, it's time for him to go.  He created a circus around wanting to meet certain personal goals while not saying anything about team wins.  He is not going to be effective any more.  I'd rather give others a chance than waste money on a distraction.

All you dimwits out there, read the perfectly articlated comment above! It is 100% truth!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to Re: Moonslav Still Pleading for $800,000 offer to Tim Wakefield, Down from 1 to 2 million! : You need to look at his game log, then try posting this again. A pitcher doesn't get 150 innings unless they are good. He had many more good innings than bad, and had serveral starts in which he gave up 3 or less ER (even though ERA alone is not a real good indicator of effectiveness).
    Posted by Alibiike
    "ERA alone is not a real good indicator"

It's a pretty good place to start.

The fact that the Sox need pitching and Wake isn't being considered should tell you all you need to know.

Yankees are working hard at finding AJ a new home and he has a lot more upside then Wake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"ERA alone is not a real good indicator"

It's a pretty good place to start.

So is WHIP and actually watching the games and seeing that there were many "earned" runs scored off Wake that were not his fault.
    1) He had more inherited runners allowed to score than any other Sox starter, and no, they weren't in bases loaded no out situations; many were scored from 1st base with 2 outs. (5 earned runs)
    2) Look at the game logs. I documented every earned run Wake allowed on an earlier thread, and found that 31 of his 81 ERs were scored on weak hits to 3B (Youk playing hurt), bloop singles, or runners advancing on GB outs then scoring on sac flies.
    3) 4 ERs allowed due to Tito leaving him in too long.

Total: 40 out of 81 earned runs!  I'm not saying all of those runs shouldn't count, but it's plain to see he pitched better than his ERA indicates.

Let's hear you justify why Andrew Miller is getting a chance based on his recent or career numbers. Upside? SMupside!

The fact that the Sox need pitching and Wake isn't being considered should tell you all you need to know.

1) How do you know he isn't being considered by any GM?

Yankees are working hard at finding AJ a new home and he has a lot more upside then Wake.

If you say so. 

2011:  5.15/1.434
    2010:  5.26/1.511
    2009:  4.04/1.401
    2008:  4.07/1.342

He hasn't had a WHIP under 1.342 since 2007 or a WHIP below a.401 since 2008.
    Wake has had a WHIP below AJ's in 3 of the last 4 years and missed it being 4 out of 4 by 0.016.

Look at tERA 
            AJ      Wake
    2011: 5.16   5.02
    2010: 4.99   4.40
    2009: 4.54   4.52

Totals since 2008:
              ERA/WHIP/tERA
    AJB     4.58/1.42/4.53
    Wake  4.84/1.34/4.66

Since 2009:
    AJB    4.80/1.45/4.88
    Wake 5.18/1.42/4.66 

Since 2010:
    AJB:   5.20/1.47/5.07
    Wake 5.22/1.35/4.67

It appears to me that Wake was trending better than AJ, but I guess you see what you want to see.

Try comparing Wake to A Miller, just for a laugh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

"ERA alone is not a real good indicator"            It's a pretty good place to start. So is WHIP and actually watching the games and seeing that there were many "earned" runs scored off Wake that were not his fault. 1) He had more inherited runners allowed to score than any other Sox starter, and no, they weren't in bases loaded no out situations; many were scored from 1st base with 2 outs. (5 earned runs) 2) Look at the game logs. I documented every earned run Wake allowed on an earlier thread, and found that 31 of his 81 ERs were scored on weak hits to 3B (Youk playing hurt), bloop singles, or runners advancing on GB outs then scoring on sac flies. 3) 4 ERs allowed due to Tito leaving him in too long. Total: 40 out of 81 earned runs!  I'm not saying all of those runs shouldn't count, but it's plain to see he pitched better than his ERA indicates. Let's hear you justify why Andrew Miller is getting a chance based on his recent or career numbers. Upside? SMupside!           The fact that the Sox need pitching and Wake isn't being considered should tell you all you need to know. 1) How do you know he isn't being considered by any GM?           Yankees are working hard at finding AJ a new home and he has a lot more upside then Wake. If you say so.  2011:  5.15/1.434 2010:  5.26/1.511 2009:  4.04/1.401 2008:  4.07/1.342 He hasn't had a WHIP under 1.342 since 2007 or a WHIP below a.401 since 2008. Wake has had a WHIP below AJ's in 3 of the last 4 years and missed it being 4 out of 4 by 0.016. Look at tERA          AJ      Wake 2011: 5.16   5.02 2010: 4.99   4.40 2009: 4.54   4.52 Totals since 2008:           ERA/WHIP/tERA AJB     4.58 /1.42/ 4.53 Wake  4.84/ 1.34 /4.66 Since 2009: AJB     4.80 /1.45/4.88 Wake 5.18/ 1.42/4.66   Since 2010: AJB:   5.20/1.47/5.07 Wake 5.22/ 1.35/4.67 It appears to me that Wake was trending better than AJ, but I guess you see what you want to see. Try comparing Wake to A Miller, just for a laugh.
    Posted by moonslav59

Moon, would you resign Wake for chump change? it sounds like you would. I'm against it - I think he's done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon, would you resign Wake for chump change? it sounds like you would. I'm against it - I think he's done.

We have a lot of pitchers competeing for maybe 1 slot. It wouldn't upset me in the least if they didn't give Wake a shot. 

Personally, I'd offer him a deal like Miller got: nonguaranteed $1.04M or a deal worth about $800K with incentives that could bring him to $1.5M with lots of starts or IP. I certainly view Wake as a close to equal or better option than:
    Miller
    Cook
    Padilla
    Maine
    Mortensen
    AWilson
    Doubront

...but that doesn't mean he deserves a chance. I understand the argument about a distraction, but I really do not think it was like many of you think it was last year. 

I also think Wake was blamed too much for all the PBs and WPs. VMart and Mirabelli did much better than Salty in that area, and since Salty is back this year, maybe this isn't the best situation for Wake.

I think it would be nice for him to get a chance to pitch in ST, even if just to get a chance to go to another team after a good spring. The problem is, how does he get the innings with all these projects looking to prove themselves.

I don't see it happening here. Maybe a NL team will give him a look.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Moon, would you resign Wake for chump change? it sounds like you would. I'm against it - I think he's done. We have a lot of pitchers competeing for maybe 1 slot. It wouldn't upset me in the least if they didn't give Wake a shot.  Personally, I'd offer him a deal like Miller got: nonguaranteed $1.04M or a deal worth about $800K with incentives that could bring him to $1.5M with lots of starts or IP. I certainly view Wake as a close to equal or better option than: Miller Cook Padilla Maine Mortensen AWilson Doubront ...but that doesn't mean he deserves a chance. I understand the argument about a distraction, but I really do not think it was like many of you think it was last year.  I also think Wake was blamed too much for all the PBs and WPs. VMart and Mirabelli did much better than Salty in that area, and since Salty is back this year, maybe this isn't the best situation for Wake. I think it would be nice for him to get a chance to pitch in ST, even if just to get a chance to go to another team after a good spring. The problem is, how does he get the innings with all these projects looking to prove themselves. I don't see it happening here. Maybe a NL team will give him a look.
    Posted by moonslav59

Your analysis is spot on Moon. Real baseball fans look at these things objectively, and don't let personal animus interfere with good judgement.
    The vitriol spewed at Wake is astounding, he can still get guys out. Yes he gave up his share of HRs, many of them coming after weak hits, but he was hardly hit hard consistently.
    The knuckleball is his best friend and worst enemy, mostly because no one can, or wants to, catch it. But it's still fun to watch the greatest hitters flail at it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Your analysis is spot on Moon. Real baseball fans look at these things objectively, and don't let personal animus interfere with good judgement.
    The vitriol spewed at Wake is astounding, he can still get guys out. Yes he gave up his share of HRs, many of them coming after weak hits, but he was hardly hit hard consistently.
    The knuckleball is his best friend and worst enemy, mostly because no one can, or wants to, catch it. But it's still fun to watch the greatest hitters flail at it!

On top of all that, he was over-worked last year. He should never had been forced to pitch more than 15 starts without a long break in the middle. This isn't revisionist history, since I mentioned it at the start of his stint as a starter and again after about 14-15 starts. Once he became a regular in the rotation on May 22nd, he never got an extra day off other than a team day off and the allstar break. He led the team to a 10-4 record in his 1st 14 starts in the regular rotation. His ERA was 4.90 on August 19th.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

It wouldn't upset me in the least if they didn't give Wake a shot. 

No one who is so pathetically defensive of Wastefield critics (now having finally reached critical mass) would be anything less than devastated if another welfare contract doesn't come the giant beer gut and bald headed old man's way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

I've got to agree with alibiike and Moon. Who are the 4th and 5th starters? We know what Wake can do. You may not like him, but he has been fairly consistent over his career in the AL East.  Padilla, Silva, Dubront, and Cook are untested and/or coming off injuries. Miller has never been effective, and the games he was decent in, were early season NL competition. Bard has never been an effective starter in a league higher than college. Aceves could probably be effective, but isn't he a real cog in the bullpen? Unless that Sox sign Oswalt (unlikely) or another bona fide starter, who is better than Wake. His 1st half is generally better than his 2nd half and Dice K will be back about June. You may not think Dice K is the answer, but none of the aforementioned "starters" has proven ability, especially in the AL East, as of yet.

For $8,000,000 or $1 Million, Wake could begin the season in the rotation. If he fails, it would be easy to replace him, but it is IMHO worth the minimal $ risk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I've got to agree with alibiike and Moon. Who are the 4th and 5th starters? We know what Wake can do. You may not like him, but he has been fairly consistent over his career in the AL East.  Padilla, Silva, Dubront, and Cook are untested and/or coming off injuries. Miller has never been effective, and the games he was decent in, were early season NL competition. Bard has never been an effective starter in a league higher than college. Aceves could probably be effective, but isn't he a real cog in the bullpen? Unless that Sox sign Oswalt (unlikely) or another bona fide starter, who is better than Wake. His 1st half is generally better than his 2nd half and Dice K will be back about June. You may not think Dice K is the answer, but none of the aforementioned "starters" has proven ability, especially in the AL East, as of yet. For $8,000,000 or $1 Million, Wake could begin the season in the rotation. If he fails, it would be easy to replace him, but it is IMHO worth the minimal $ risk.
    Posted by mjnmjn

you really would slot in wake over bard/aceves for starters 4 & 5?????
    obviously Ben feels that Wake is done....you are like those wwII japanese soldiers still caught up in the war forty years later....

Sections
Shortcuts