M.O.P. Dustin Pedroia

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: M.O.P. Dustin Pedroia

As I say I think Pedroia should have been made to apologize for those comments.  Looking back it was just one of the early signs of total management failure.

After that I would say Pedroia shut up and played baseball and was in fact a good example by continuing to play good baseball in the last part of the year when the team was a bumbling mess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I say I think Pedroia should have been made to apologize for those comments.  Looking back it was just one of the early signs of total management failure.

After that I would say Pedroia shut up and played baseball and was in fact a good example by continuing to play good baseball in the last part of the year when the team was a bumbling mess.

[/QUOTE]

I think he knew he made a mistake, bob.  I think he admitted as much on WEEI, didnt he??

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The most overated player in MLB...whiny, declining, and cancerous to his team with his passive aggressive nonsense with any manager not named Francona...loved how he "called out" Ellsbury on the last game of the year after stinking up the season with his overrated play...if there was ever a time to unload this guy it is now...he is not getting better and apparently he is not a leader...2011 and 2012 made that clear....if any team is willing to trade him for a 1 or 2, we should do it asap.....Pedro C or Aviles were just as good this yr if not better....and they didnt cry half as much...

[/QUOTE]

He was the only one who never stopped caring. Your post is comical at best. How did he stink this year? How are Ciriaco or Aviles better? Didn't he play hurt all year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The most overated player in MLB...whiny, declining, and cancerous to his team with his passive aggressive nonsense with any manager not named Francona...loved how he "called out" Ellsbury on the last game of the year after stinking up the season with his overrated play...if there was ever a time to unload this guy it is now...he is not getting better and apparently he is not a leader...2011 and 2012 made that clear....if any team is willing to trade him for a 1 or 2, we should do it asap.....Pedro C or Aviles were just as good this yr if not better....and they didnt cry half as much...

[/QUOTE]

He was the only one who never stopped caring. Your post is comical at best. How did he stink this year? How are Ciriaco or Aviles better? Didn't he play hurt all year?

[/QUOTE]

Joe, we all have players that make the hair on our neck stand on end.  For Georom it's Pedroia; for me it's baLoney and Iglesias.  To me Pedroia is the heart and soul of the team and if the Red Sox are going to get back on track Dustin is a very piece to this job.  I think he is not only the heart and soul of our team but should be cemented as a career Red Sox player and we can help that along if the front office makes him team captain starting in 2013.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dummy Post From A Dummy AZZ..............................

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Funny how Youk said something about Ells a couple years ago for taking too long to come back and not staying with the team and now Pedey kinda makes reference to that too. Ya ever think there might be something to that? The injury Ells had was a 6-8 week rehab. He took 12. Im no doctor and would never rate someone elses pain, but those 2 are around him all the time.

Guys like Nava were playing though wrist pain and just had surgery to remove a cyst. Pedey played with broken fingers and a hurt thumb. They had nothing to play for but pride. While Ells takes a few days off AFTER he returns because hes got a lat thingy? Sorry, but I have an issue with that. I say Ells is soft and plays for himself and deserved that little shot at him...

Besides that, Pedey, although wrong, was just sticking up for his teammate/friend that got unnecessarily called out in the media by their new manager. He admitted his mistakes and has learned from them. That shows maturity. Unlike guys like Beckett, who never admits doing anything wrong. Right now Pedey is the leader of this team, and hopefully for many years to come.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you're trying to become the resident joke of the board, you're well on your way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Pedroia isn't perfect, that's for sure.  But, while his comments aren't all that useful to the team, his play is terrific.  He is a talented athlete who gives his all every game.  He did not poison the well for Bobby V.  He no doubt overdefended Youk, but understandably.  And he played hard for Bobby, who never had any complaints about his play.  A terrific fielder, good baserunner, and excellent hitter with surprising power for his size.  Just what you want at 2B.  Has a runt complex, but that's OK.  So did Napoleon. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pedroia isn't perfect, that's for sure.  But, while his comments aren't all that useful to the team, his play is terrific.  He is a talented athlete who gives his all every game.  He did not poison the well for Bobby V.  He no doubt overdefended Youk, but understandably.  And he played hard for Bobby, who never had any complaints about his play.  A terrific fielder, good baserunner, and excellent hitter with surprising power for his size.  Just what you want at 2B.  Has a runt complex, but that's OK.  So did Napoleon. 

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I think the "runt complex" helps to make him as good as he is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and some wonder why nobody wants to play in Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

sorry Geo, but there are a LOT of people you could put ahead of DP..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Including Jete?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, and by your criteria -- the team faded in 2011 and was lousy in 2012 -- no one was a leader so we should get rid of every player.

[/QUOTE]

And they did

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Precisely, moon. It's the Nomar quote, and it is connected to the Sox future, which I still feel is very bleak, and not going to be solved anytime soon. Trying to attract marquee free agents is going to be tough. Players/agents deciding between 19 mil for one team and 21 mil for Sox will take the 19 mil and not take on the headache of not only an intrusive media, but an ownership that condones trading players instead of firing managers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Precisely, moon. It's the Nomar quote, and it is connected to the Sox future, which I still feel is very bleak, and not going to be solved anytime soon. Trying to attract marquee free agents is going to be tough. Players/agents deciding between 19 mil for one team and 21 mil for Sox will take the 19 mil and not take on the headache of not only an intrusive media, but an ownership that condones trading players instead of firing managers.

[/QUOTE]

Well, my point was about the negativity and defeatisim of the media and fans, and some of us are the leaders in this area.

I loved the breaking of the paradigm, "You can't trade the team, so you fire the manager". The trade set us up nicely to rebuild and finally ridded us of the CC albatross contract.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Geo, you could make the point that Pedroia's production has dropped since his MVP season of 2008. Still, he batted .299 with 36 homers and 156 RBI over the last two seasons. He won a Gold Glove in 2011.  My standards aren't so off the charts that I won't take that from my starting second baseman.

The Most Overrated Player in baseball? Utter nonsense. Ciriaco and Avilles were just as good as Pedroia this season? Completely laughable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, my point was about the negativity and defeatisim of the media and fans, and some of us are the leaders in this area.

I loved the breaking of the paradigm, "You can't trade the team, so you fire the manager". The trade set us up nicely to rebuild and finally ridded us of the CC albatross contract.

[/QUOTE]

For the record, I knew what you meant the first time. I just thought I'd run with that all-time favorite line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I like Pedroia. Love em... 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Including Jete?

[/QUOTE]  well, if you feel he's alledgedly more overrated than Pedroia...