M.O.P. Dustin Pedroia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: M.O.P. Dustin Pedroia

I can't believe geo is capping on Pedey now. He must really miss Francona.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The most overated player in MLB...whiny, declining, and cancerous to his team with his passive aggressive nonsense with any manager not named Francona...loved how he "called out" Ellsbury on the last game of the year after stinking up the season with his overrated play...if there was ever a time to unload this guy it is now...he is not getting better and apparently he is not a leader...2011 and 2012 made that clear....if any team is willing to trade him for a 1 or 2, we should do it asap.....Pedro C or Aviles were just as good this yr if not better....and they didnt cry half as much...

[/QUOTE]

Seriously?  Geo, have you been hanging out with Softy? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

rbis, games played and homers are about the same for  DP & MA

stolen bases are the about the same for DP and PC (even though PC played 60 less games)

PC batting avg is 13 points higher....facts are vstubborn things...and anyone who thinks pedroia is a leader is stupid....he's a passive aggressive child who cant keep his mouth shut...you know those same qualities you despised valentine for....if some team is dumb enough to get us a quality pitcher for pedroia, then we should make th deal...pedro C over a full year at 2b will be just as good

bootlickers never prosper

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

stolen bases are the about the same for DP and PC (even though PC played 60 less games)

PC batting avg is 13 points higher....facts are vstubborn things...and anyone who thinks pedroia is a leader is stupid....he's a passive aggressive child who cant keep his mouth shut...you know those same qualities you despised valentine for....if some team is dumb enough to get us a quality pitcher for pedroia, then we should make th deal...pedro C over a full year at 2b will be just as good

Wow, geo, that's some major league cherry-picking with the numbers. Yes, Aviles and Pedroia are close on homers and RBI, but Aviles is 40 points lower than Pedroia in batting average and 65 points lower in OBP. And you really don't want to compare the two on defense, do you?

As for Ciriaco, who I absolutely hope the Sox bring back, their averages ended up very close. Ciriaco was .293 while Pedey was .290. (That's actually a 3-point difference, not 13. Facts, indeed, are stubborn things). But Ciriaco had two homers and 19 RBI; Pedey had 15 and 65.

Again, if you want to make the case that Pedroia's production has declined since 2008, go for it. That's beyond dispute. But don't let your blind hatred make you sound like a blithering idiot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

geo man, you must be a Bobby V bootlicker...Pedroia said something mean about your boy Bobby, is that it?  If Bobby hadn't made the idiotic remarks about Youkilis this never would have happened...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Wow, geo, that's some major league cherry-picking with the numbers. Yes, Aviles and Pedroia are close on homers and RBI, but Aviles is 40 points lower than Pedroia in batting average and 65 points lower in OBP. And you really don't want to compare the two on defense, do you? As for Ciriaco, who I absolutely hope the Sox bring back, their averages ended up very close. Ciriaco was .293 while Pedey was .290. (That's actually a 3-point difference, not 13. Facts, indeed, are stubborn things). But Ciriaco had two homers and 19 RBI; Pedey had 15 and 65. Again, if you want to make the case that Pedroia's production has declined since 2008, go for it. That's beyond dispute. But don't let your blind hatred make you sound like a blithering idiot.

Ciriaco also ended up with a .705 OPS (.092 below Pedroia's in what was for him a down year) and was hitting .220 or so over the last few weeks of the season. He's a nice story and I hope he's back next year, but to call him as good as Pedroia after a few hot weeks is ludicrous.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man, we've only got a few good players left.  And Burrito is going after Ortiz and geo is going after Pedroia.  Not a pretty sight.

[/QUOTE]

In a vacuum, odd things happen.   Even the speed of light can be manipulated ....

And we are close to a vacuum right now ... so much of all the stuff we had taken for granted, perhaps, so crazy and odd things start to happen - to our minds ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wasn't Pedroia playing with that sore ligament all season? Even healthy though he is no Cano. Both good on defense.

[/QUOTE]

I've been saying for years that Cano deserved to bat cleanup instead ARod.  But since 2007, Pedroia's WAR is 31.1 while Cano's is 29.5.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!  You've had a mental breakdown.  Seek help immediately.

In his last 34 games, Ciriaco had a .518 OPS.  He hit .220 over that period with absolutely no power.  He's a nice waiver pickup, and I hope he makes the team next year, but he has no plate discipline.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

I am a Yankee fan and cannot believe that this Georom4 is a legitimate fan of any team. He appears to be striving for attention.

[/QUOTE]

I find it ironic that the BDC trolling police, who's patroling forums to smoke out the pretenders, is a Sox fan pretending to be a Yankee fan. You're something else, pike. What is the question 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If there was no reason to keep Pedroia, calling out Ellspuff would be all the reason to keep him.

[/QUOTE]

???

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Geo, you could make the point that Pedroia's production has dropped since his MVP season of 2008. Still, he batted .299 with 36 homers and 156 RBI over the last two seasons. He won a Gold Glove in 2011.  My standards aren't so off the charts that I won't take that from my starting second baseman.

The Most Overrated Player in baseball? Utter nonsense. Ciriaco and Avilles were just as good as Pedroia this season? Completely laughable.

I said this exact thing in July with a thread about pedroia's declining numbers and just like now, the bootlickers everywhere could be heard howling...so are you saying Im rright now? Is pedrioa overrated and declining? I remember telling everyone on this board the last three years that the sox were unconditioned, undiscipline, and they had a roster full of jackazzes....yet you still have Rainmen like 4Bs stating that the 2011 team was not what the writers/critics said it was....you cant fix stupid because it doesnt know it is....meanwhile ben C is off on another American idol type audition to find the next great coaching talent

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Ellspuff? are we talking about the Red Sox player named Ellsbury?

[/QUOTE]

What part of Yonkers?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pedro and Aviles are not nearly as good as Pedroia.  Any point that you were trying to make went right out the window when you started using that kind of hyperbole.

He had an off year and still hit 290 with 15 homers and 20 steals and played great D.

He also doesn't make real big money.

So he liked Francona and hated Valentine.  If you want to get rid of him for that you would have to get rid of the whole team.

[/QUOTE]
    PC hit for higher avg and had just 4 less steals in 60 games less...is that hyperbole? the difference in home runs and rbis between MA and DP could be counted on one hand...i didnt realize that we had two MVPs in the infield!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pedro and Aviles are not nearly as good as Pedroia.  Any point that you were trying to make went right out the window when you started using that kind of hyperbole.

He had an off year and still hit 290 with 15 homers and 20 steals and played great D.

He also doesn't make real big money.

So he liked Francona and hated Valentine.  If you want to get rid of him for that you would have to get rid of the whole team.

[/QUOTE]
    PC hit for higher avg and had just 4 less steals in 60 games less...is that hyperbole? the difference in home runs and rbis between MA and DP could be counted on one hand...i didnt realize that we had two MVPs in the infield!

[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely correct. Ciriaco hit for a higher average by ...

Wait for it ...

THREE WHOLE POINTS.

Now be a good boy and go bury your head in the sand and ignore the fact that Pedroia's OBP was 32 points higher, his slugging was 59 points higher, his OPS was 92 points higher.

Pedro played about half the year, so if you double his numbers, which would have given him 11 more games played than Pedria, Pedey still would have had 15 more runs scored, nine more doubles, 11 more home runs and 22 more RBIs.

Ciriaco would have had one more triple and 12 more stolen bases -- Yippee.

You should be embarrassed for comparing Ciriaco to Pedroia. How pathetic.

As for Aviles, fine -- his and Pedey's home runs and RBIs were close. Pedey still had more AND, Pedey had 24 more runs scored, 11 more doubles, three more triples, 40 points higher BA, 65 points higher OBP, 68 points higher SLG and 134 points higher OPS.

Another ridiculous comparison.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You really can't call people bootlickers that know that Pedroia is better than Aviles and Pedro.  that's called having the capacity to reason, not bootlicking.  

You aren't making sense.  Please find one other person in the world that thinks Ciriaco is just as good as Pedroia.  Thanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

QUOTE:  I said this exact thing in July with a thread about pedroia's declining numbers and just like now, the bootlickers everywhere could be heard howling...so are you saying Im rright now? Is pedrioa overrated and declining? I remember telling everyone on this board the last three years that the sox were unconditioned, undiscipline, and they had a roster full of jackazzes....yet you still have Rainmen like 4Bs stating that the 2011 team was not what the writers/critics said it was....you cant fix stupid because it doesnt know it is....meanwhile ben C is off on another American idol type audition to find the next great coaching talent

No, I'm saying exactly what I said earlier. If you want to say Pedroia's numbers have declined since his outstanding MVP season of 2008, I'd agree with you. But to say he's overrated is nonsense, and to compare him to Ciriaco and Avilles is laughable.

Sections
Shortcuts