M.O.P. Dustin Pedroia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: M.O.P. Dustin Pedroia

In over 3500 minor league PAs, Ciriaco had a .299 OBP...not BA...   O B P !

He has a .319 career OBP in MLB in just over 300 PAs.

I hope this kid does great, but I'm looking at the larger sample size as probably being more realistic. I'm also looking at .319 as nothing to cheer about either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I would take Pedroia on my team, fantasy or real, in a heartbeat...He plays baseball like it should be played...Is he a saint?   No....Neither is Jeter, but they are both the gritty and gutsy kind of ballplayers that you want on your team...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No, I'm saying exactly what I said earlier. If you want to say Pedroia's numbers have declined since his outstanding MVP season of 2008, I'd agree with you. But to say he's overrated is nonsense, and to compare him to Ciriaco and Avilles is laughable.

I gotta think the injuries have had an effect, but the numbers do not show a steady decline after his MVP year in 2008.

OPS

2008  2009  2010  2011 2012

.869              .860   .861

.819                       .797

He just turned 29 last month and could still have his best year(s) ahead of him.

After his MVP season...AFTER... Pedey has a 20.7 WAR over 4 years. Only Cano & Utley have better numbers as FT 2nd basemen. (Value: $91.6M or $15.4/yr)

2009-2012:

OBP:  Utley .377, Pedey .369, Cano .365

SLG: Cano .534, Pedey .462, Utley .458

OPS: Cano .899, Utley .835, Pedey  .832

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

I would take Pedroia on my team, fantasy or real, in a heartbeat...He plays baseball like it should be played...Is he a saint?   No....Neither is Jeter, but they are both the gritty and gutsy kind of ballplayers that you want on your team...

I think georom really needs someone to hate. He seems to be one of those types of fans who's not happy unless he's bashing someone on his own team. Unfortunately we have more than our share of those in New England. But geo really has seemed really lost since he hasn't had Terry Francona to kick around. Plus Pedey was kind of mean to his boy Bobby V at the start of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

our leader has had quite a year.....lying to the fans about what happened in sept 2011 to protect his daddylove...then ratting out the players who did act like jackazzes, then crying to management about being promised that BV was not going to be hired, crying thru spring training because the manager was not named francona, lecturing the new boss how "things are done" in boston, showing up the manager every chance he got in the field or dugout,  playing below avg ball and not even being chosen as a sub for the all star team, then engineering a coup in seattle to remove the manager, and then to top it all off, calling out a player the very same way BV did with youk....

i so identified with this dirt dog when he scoffed at the $400 dollar headphones JH gave him for having the gall to make them play a dblheader during hurricane season while partying on his yaght...oh the pain Pedey

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pedroia hit .342 in August and .316 in September.  While the rest of the team was tanking it, he actually picked up his game.  Played the last 2 games with a broken finger.  Yes, that is leadership by example.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pedroia hit .342 in August and .316 in September.  While the rest of the team was tanking it, he actually picked up his game.  Played the last 2 games with a broken finger.  Yes, that is leadership by example.

[/QUOTE]

well using that measure he must have sukked by example in april, may, june, and july...you know when we were still in contention...2 good months, is this what we are basing success on when the team ends up 20+ games back? LOLOLOLOL  

karma is a beetch Pedey...you reap what you sow...next time keep your mouth shut and worry about yourself...you are NO leader

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

What karma is that, geo?  In case you didn't notice, your boy Bobby is the one who's gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

What karma is that, geo?  In case you didn't notice, your boy Bobby is the one who's gone.

[/QUOTE]

and so is daddy francona HF...question is will Pedey ever recover from that? it doesnt really matter for BV...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So we have a player who is 29, is one of twwo players in MLB history to win a Rookie of the Year, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger and MVP in his first two seasons, and fans are turning on him as being overrated because he wasn't as personable and struggled with injuries?

Or is it because he was in the face of the manager who replaced the guy georom flogged daily?  How dare Pedroia  not kneel at the Altar of the Anti-Francona Savior?!!?!  Take off that sacriligious red pullover and don the new Holy Fake Mustache, you unwashed heathen!!!

Clearly, he is OVERRATED!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So we have a player who is 29, is one of twwo players in MLB history to win a Rookie of the Year, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger and MVP in his first two seasons, and fans are turning on him as being overrated because he wasn't as personable and struggled with injuries?

Or is it because he was in the face of the manager who replaced the guy georom flogged daily?  How dare Pedroia  not kneel at the Altar of the Anti-Francona Savior?!!?!  Take off that sacriligious red pullover and don the new Holy Fake Mustache, you unwashed heathen!!!

hey moe, look at his stats and tell me if you see a trend from the first part of his career and the second part....i would reconcile myself to this sad reality asap because when Pedey leaves to follow his man crush in Cleveland, you will be less hurt

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Disregard the OP just looking for attention.

Pedroia has had a down year at a prime age.  Let's hope he is more like a Jeter and less like a Nomar in terms of longevity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to tom-uk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Disregard the OP just looking for attention.

Pedroia has had a down year at a prime age.  Let's hope he is more like a Jeter and less like a Nomar in terms of longevity.

[/QUOTE]

what is your money on Tom? jeter or nomar-like?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

to even compare the two is hilarious....jeter could be the all time hits leader and smoked DP this year at age 40.....Jeter is a real clubhouse leader who would never allowed that crapola to happen in NYC that Pedroia tried to cover/lie about in 2011/2012

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hey moe, look at his stats and tell me if you see a trend from the first part of his career and the second part....i would reconcile myself to this sad reality asap because when Pedey leaves to follow his man crush in Cleveland, you will be less hurt

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was 2011 in the second part of his career?  Because in 2011 he had career highs in home runs, RBi's and stolen bases while he hit .307.

Did you even bother to look up the stats before saying that he is on decline?  To me he had a better year in 2011 then he did in 2008.

You aren't making sense man.  I am not going to bother to keep arguing with you about it.

It's cool if you don't like the guy and think he has a bad attitude, but to denigrate his game just makes you look foolish.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sorry snake...but he has been in decline....a trend doesnt have to be perfect downward slope - athletes perfromances are not that predictable.....2011 was a very nice yr for DP but in terms of leadership - maybe his greatest failure ever (even worse than his 2012 tantrum)....

and dont say he has been hurt because if that were a legit excuse, JD Drew would be in the HOF.....one year anomoly isnt a trend

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

NOTIN: So we have a player who is 29, is one of twwo players in MLB history to win a Rookie of the Year, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger and MVP in his first two seasons, and fans are turning on him as being overrated because he wasn't as personable and struggled with injuries?

Make that fan, as in singular. (And the jury's still out on whether he's a fan). So far, I've seen nobody agree with him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cano is the best at second base without question

[/QUOTE]

Get a clue yankee fan. Pedroia is the best. Defense is big and cano is ordinary. Just has power in the ban box called yankee stadium.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

and so is daddy francona HF...question is will Pedey ever recover from that? it doesnt really matter for BV...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Francona's gone too...after 8 years and 2 titles, compared to BV after 1 year and 93 losses...I guess they're even LOL. 

Red Sox history will treat Francona as a great success and BV as a joke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll bet you that Tito lands a managing gig before Valentine does.

I'll bet you that Tito improves the record of whatever team he joins.

I'll bet you that whoever manages the RS has a better record than BV had.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Francona's gone too...after 8 years and 2 titles, compared to BV after 1 year and 93 losses...I guess they're even LOL. 

[/QUOTE]

One is considered the greatest manager in RS history.

One is considered the worst manager in RS history.

I'm not at all surprised that Geo is the chief BV Bootlicker, and maybe the last one holding onto his memories.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Pedro C or Aviles were just as good this yr if not better...

How about a little tag bet on whether either of those two start over Pedey in 2013?

Or a little tag bet on who has a higher WAR or OPS?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

HFXSOXNUT: Yeah, Francona's gone too...after 8 years and 2 titles, compared to BV after 1 year and 93 losses...I guess they're even LOL. 

And those 93 losses are the most by the Red Sox since 1965.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

HFXSOXNUT: Yeah, Francona's gone too...after 8 years and 2 titles, compared to BV after 1 year and 93 losses...I guess they're even LOL. 

And those 93 losses are the most by the Red Sox since 1965.

[/QUOTE]

yea, BV caused that by keeping the same players on the team who epically collapsed in 2011...