M.O.P. Dustin Pedroia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: M.O.P. Dustin Pedroia

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

how many games did pedey bat 3 or 4th this season....poor Joey...lol.. he attacks time tested batting avg then admits OBP is 90% avg

[/QUOTE]

You do realize OBP isn't a new-fangled stat...the alltime leader in OBP is Ted Williams and he is just a bit renowned for that.

[/QUOTE]

you think Ted Williams, the greatest hitter ever and last man to hit .400 would have a high OBP????? who wouldve thunk it???   too bad Teddy was never measured by that when he played....he entered the HOF with real stats...not ones stat geeks invented in the 1980s

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Pedroia is overrated in the sense that he is very popular , has gotten a very good press and is perceived as a gritty little overachiever. An objective look would show that he is a very good , all around ball player, who always gives his best.  Overall , he is not as good as some think he is , but a valuable player who should not be traded unless we get a really good offer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pedroia is overrated in the sense that he is very popular , has gotten a very good press and is perceived as a gritty little overachiever. An objective look would show that he is a very good , all around ball player, who always gives his best.  Overall , he is not as good as some think he is , but a valuable player who should not be traded unless we get a really good offer.

[/QUOTE]

Pedey was fighting injuries all season and still hit a solid 290.  Healthy all year he could top 300 and hit 20 or more homers.  He is the heart and soul of the team and never quit during the season's miserable finish, unlike some of his lodge brothers.  In my opinion Pedroia must remain a Red Sox player for life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you think Ted Williams, the greatest hitter ever and last man to hit .400 would have a high OBP????? who wouldve thunk it???   too bad Teddy was never measured by that when he played....he entered the HOF with real stats...not ones stat geeks invented in the 1980s

[/QUOTE]

Do you have any comment on Pedroia's career offensive numbers - OPS, HR and RBI per season - being virtually identical to Jeter's?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

.. he attacks time tested batting avg then admits OBP is 90% avg...

1-I obviously didn't attack batting average, or you'd have mentioned it.  You lie.

2-I'm not admitting OBP is 90% of average, I AM TEACHING YOU THAT.  You are apparently oblivious to the fact that, if someone has a high OBP, they likely have a high batting average.  They follow almost lockstep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They follow almost lockstep.

There are a few exceptions, as you hinted at with the "almost" added...

Adam Dunn has a career .240 BA, but a .370 OBP. 

His career numbers adjusted to 162 games?

.240  38  94

.240/.370/.499/.870

He has had 38 or more HRs  and 92+ RBIs in  8 of his last 9 seasons.

He made the AllStar team this year batting .204. He only made the AS game once before.

So much for BA & AS showings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They follow almost lockstep.

There are a few exceptions, as you hinted at with the "almost" added...

Adam Dunn has a career .240 BA, but a .370 OBP. 

His career numbers adjusted to 162 games?

.240  38  94

.240/.370/.499/.870

He has had 38 or more HRs  and 92+ RBIs in  8 of his last 9 seasons.

He made the AllStar team this year batting .204. He only made the AS game once before.

So much for BA & AS showings.

[/QUOTE]

dont worry Moon, Pedey will always be on the Sox all time team - like Trot Nixon...we know thats a better list, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

dont worry Moon, Pedey will always be on the Sox all time team - like Trot Nixon...we know thats a better list, right?

Huh?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

how many games did pedey bat 3 or 4th this season....

Geo, thanks for bringing this up.  Pedey batter 3rd 244 times, and had 32 RBIs,  Cano batted 3rd 228 times and had 17 RBIs.

So in an additional 16 ABs, Pedey had 15 more RBIs than Cano, the league leader in RBIs at 2nd.

Thanks for reminding the crowd what an RBI machine he was.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do threads started by the mentally impaired get the most responses and last longer than other threads?

[/QUOTE]

Because we need to make fun of someone until the aura of BV leaves the team.  And who better to fill that role than the chief Bobby Bootlicker?

BTW, what part of Yonkers are you from?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pedey was fighting injuries all season and still hit a solid 290.  Healthy all year he could top 300 and hit 20 or more homers.  He is the heart and soul of the team and never quit during the season's miserable finish, unlike some of his lodge brothers.  In my opinion Pedroia must remain a Red Sox player for life.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Fred that Pedroia should be a Sox player for life but given the FO track record with stars like him...I doubt that he will remain a Sox player his entire career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Fred that Pedroia should be a Sox player for life but given the FO track record with stars like him...I doubt that he will remain a Sox player his entire career.

[/QUOTE]

You have to admit, they've been right about cutting ties with players before they become a liability, more often than not.

They did the right thing with Pedro, Damon and Manny. The next couple of years will tell us of they did the right thing with Beckett and Gonzalez.

If Pedey insists that his next conrtract be for 10 years, I expect the Sox FO to tell him it's been fun, but no.

That said, everything Pedrioa said after he signed his last contract tells me he's one of the few players that isn't intent on wringing every last dime out of a contract negotiation.

Time will tell...