More posts after a loss than a win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

More posts after a loss than a win

Interesting how the activity on the Red Sox forum on BDC increases after a loss.  Win 8 in a row, nothing.  Lose 1, end of the world.

Should the posters blasting Crawford for not coming through on Monday be heaping praise on Tek for the lead extending HR?  Should the people blasting the bullpen on Monday be lauding the BP for last night's game?  Shouldn't the posters that questioned the BP moves on Monday praising Francona's moves on Tuesday night?

C'mon, where's the balance? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: More posts after a loss than a win

In Response to More posts after a loss than a win:
    Interesting how the activity on the Red Sox forum on BDC increases after a loss.  Win 8 in a row, nothing.  Lose 1, end of the world. Should the posters blasting Crawford for not coming through on Monday be heaping praise on Tek for the lead extending HR?  Should the people blasting the bullpen on Monday be lauding the BP for last night's game?  Shouldn't the posters that questioned the BP moves on Monday praising Francona's moves on Tuesday night? C'mon, where's the balance? 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Don't you get it? The RS are expected to win every night, so why praise them when they do?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to More posts after a loss than a win:
    Interesting how the activity on the Red Sox forum on BDC increases after a loss.  Win 8 in a row, nothing.  Lose 1, end of the world. Should the posters blasting Crawford for not coming through on Monday be heaping praise on Tek for the lead extending HR?  Should the people blasting the bullpen on Monday be lauding the BP for last night's game?  Shouldn't the posters that questioned the BP moves on Monday praising Francona's moves on Tuesday night? C'mon, where's the balance? 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

As I said before, the pendulum does not swing both ways!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

It's supposedly "human nature" and many "fans" apparently aren't able to resist it and be reasonable, more patient, and logical. To them being a cheerleader or a pollyanna would be simplistic and juvenile so they will not post and be embarassed.

Instead they wait until they can pretend to be smarter than a manager who has been around the game his whole life, has access to tons of statistics, has coaches, access to videos, and is paid $3 mil. per year to act as a professional.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

If the RS had mediocre players and were winning, I'm sure they would be given much more credit. But given the talent that they have, is it unreasonable to expect good baseball day in and day out? I think not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Interesting how the activity on the Red Sox forum on BDC increases after a loss. Win 8 in a row, nothing. Lose 1, end of the world.

what's so interesting about it

the topic has been beatin to death by the 2 jims

it's called human nature

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Some people like to vent.

You got a problem with that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"But given the talent that they have, is it unreasonable to expect good baseball day in and day out? "

With a win today, they'll have a 16-7 record for the month of May - a .695 winning percentage.  What more could anyone expect?  In fact, I think playing 700 ball exceeds expectations, particularly for a team that has about $38 million in players on the DL.

And that scary thing is, 2 of their best players haven't hit their stride yet (Pedroia is in a slump and while Crawford had a better May than April, he's still not where he should be).

Playing nearly 700 ball for the month of May and people complain about the players, the manager and the GM.  Crazy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Let me explain it another way.

People like to complain. It gives them a chance to say, "I told you so" when things go wrong.

Is that simple enough?

If this was a "rah, rah" lovefest it would be boring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

In Response to Re: More posts after a loss than a win:
    Let me explain it another way. People like to complain. I gives tham a chance to say, "I told you so" when things go wrong. Is that simple enough? If this was a "rah, rah" lovefest it would be boring.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

How boring is 90% negative and pessimistic? Take your pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

"you've got to accentuate the positive,
     eliminate the negative
     latch on to the affirmative
     don't mess with mr. in-between.

you've got to spread joy up to the maximum
     bring gloom down to the minimum
     have faith or pandemonium
     liable to walk upon the scene."

obviously, i don't subscribe to the above.
    however, mr mercer and mr arlen generated a nice paycheck from this drivel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

A little more balance would be nice.  It makes the criticism sound a little more rational.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

If the RS had mediocre players and were winning, I'm sure they would be given much more credit. But given the talent that they have, is it unreasonable to expect good baseball day in and day out? I think not.
    Posted by Alibiike

Nonsense. The 27 Yankees lost 44 games.  Do you think they ever played a bad game in that stretch?  They were clearly the best yet they found a way to lose 44 times?  Why do you think that is?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Interesting how the activity on the Red Sox forum on BDC increases after a loss. Win 8 in a row, nothing. Lose 1, end of the world. what's so interesting about it the topic has been beatin to death by the 2 jims it's called human nature
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Why can't I beat it to death?

Salty must go.
    Crawford must go.
    Drew must go.
    Lackey must go.
    Tek must go.
    Cameron must go.
    Lowrie must go.
    3rd base coach must go.
    Tito must go.
    Theo must go.
    Henry must go.

How many times has each of these been beaten to death?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

It's natural for a Sox fan, or at least this one, who was checking daily box scores in the Stars&Stripes in 1949.  Right now we should all be very upbeat and optimistic because this is indeed the golden age of the Boston Red Sox.  But that don't come naturally after having lived thru big chunks of the 86 year drought--I can claim 54 of those 86 years. 

That said, today's win was really nice because the Sox took 2 of 3 against a team that has far and away the best home record in MLB.  Plus the Sox are back in the hunt and the Rays might be fading.  Plus the Sox are starting to look better than the Yankees--better hitting and pitching. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: More posts after a loss than a win : Nonsense. The 27 Yankees lost 44 games.  Do you think they ever played a bad game in that stretch?  They were clearly the best yet they found a way to lose 44 times?  Why do you think that is?
    Posted by jimdavis

Playing good baseball does not always equate to a win. Sometimes the other team plays better.
    It's easier to take a loss when you've done all you could to win and fell short. When you give the other team extra outs or fail to play sound fundamental baseball, then there's reason for criticism.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

When you give the other team extra outs or fail to play sound fundamental baseball, then there's reason for criticism.
    Posted by Alibiike

Not over-the-top criticisim, which happens far too often.

Even the best players are going to screw up. There are 162 games. A 100-win team will lose 62 games, and guess what? Some of those losses are going to be because good/great players played horrible or were slumping.

There's nothing wrong with point it out, but calls to dump a player or calls that a player is a bust after a handful of games is what makes some posters on this board pathetic.

And when 90 percent of someone's posts are negative or constantly critical and they only show up during slumps or in a loss, they're the ones who should be mocked. That's not being a fan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

hey bickle,

i don't rememember many posts about JOHN HENRY must go.
    unless you made that one up.

however, i'm all for theo, tito, lackey and drew must go!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

i wouldnt mind the "beating a dead horse" threads so much if the person who writes them would have a little balance. Too much "bashing"  is the same as too much "RAH RAH"..

Sections
Shortcuts