More surgery for Ryan Kalish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff August 12, 2013 09:51 PM

Red Sox outfielder Ryan Kalish will undergo cervical fusion surgery in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The neck procedure will be done by Dr. Robert Watkins at Marina Bay Hospital.

The Red Sox announced the news via Twitter at 9:39 p.m.

Kalish has spent the entire season on the disabled list recovering from January surgery on his right shoulder. He had surgery on his left shoulder and neck in 2011.

The injuries all date back to a diving catch Kalish made for Triple A Pawtucket early in the 2011 season and subsequent setbacks.

This latest surgery is not considered career-threatening and Kalish hopes to be ready for the start of spring training in 2014. But four major surgeries over a span of 23 months add further doubt to whether Kalish will fulfill what was once considered vast potential.

The 25-year-old Kalish made his debut with the Red Sox in 2010. He has hit .243 with four home runs and 13 stolen bases over 89 games.

Kalish's surgery log:
    Sept. 14, 2011: Disc surgery in neck
    Nov. 18, 2011: Left shoulder labrum
    Jan. 30, 2013: Right shoulder labrum
    Aug. 13, 2013: Cervical fusion

Talk about a promising career derailed...what a shame. Even if he can make it back next season, who knows if he'll be the player he looked to be in 2010 after missing the better part of the last three years.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: More surgery for Ryan Kalish

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Oh  now the OP is back.... all the more reason to get on the case of BDC! There is zero reason the OP was removed even for a moment! This is a great example of the issue at hand!

I contacted them Burr. My guess is it will be removed again because the mods have been doing that. Bdc allows it and the mods dont. Maybe themods should care a little bit more about what the compant that pays them says.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'm not sure what could be construed as objectionable about this...it's clearly stated where the content is from and there's a permalink if you care to look, so that excuse doesn't even fly.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I still have a lot of hope for Kalish. I hope he takes the field completely healthy next year - I think he could still be a special player.  

Sections
Shortcuts