Morris apologizes to Clay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Morris apologizes to Clay

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/10/jack-morris-apologizes-to-clay-buchholz/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Morris apologizes to Clay

Thanks for posting this SP, I was going to if Someone didnt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Thanks for posting this SP, I was going to if Someone didnt.

I did it right after you posted the link in our chat room...thanks for finding it res.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

When do the forum trolls, cynics, skeptics apologize to Buchholz and to the other forum regulars who are legitimate RS fans? Yes I know that this is the Internet but why enable the pretend Sox fans.

is this a rhetorical question?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Two points:

#1.  I think it's laudable that Morris sought Buch out and apologized to him.  What would be even more laudable would be if Morris retracted his statement in the same way he made the original statement - PUBLICLY.  A sweet little conversation between two guys is nice but Morris harmed Buch's public reputation with his charges. Shouldn't Morris have the kahunas to issue a public retraction?

#2.  The Jays organization has taken some serious flak over this.  I can't help but wonder if the organization put some heat on Morris to apologize, which would make me question the sincerity of the apology.  That would make sense of the way in which the apology was offered. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to stapleton's comment:

Morris probably only apologized because he was catching some flack from the baseball establishment/ex-players. 

which happens in just about all of these situations, i think it's safe to say that no one will apologize for statements made until it gets negative attention..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

Morris did a good deed for the BDC forum which was to provide ammunition for a dozen threads and a thousand posts where conflict seekers could gather and debate. It brought in traffic and revenue for the Globe and allowed Softlaw and Georom to take a few days off.

Hey, troll. This is the ONLY thread on this subject and its in the news...dozens of threads? exaggerate much?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He only apologized cause he can't afford to alienate any writers voting for the HOF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

He only apologized cause he can't afford to alienate any writers voting for the HOF.

yeah, I think he was told to apologize which is why he didnt want to be interviewed about it. Funny how he can blast him on the airwaves and in the papers and blogs, but cant do an interview to say he handled it badly.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

posted at 5/10/2013 10:27 PM EDTMorris apologizes to Clay

posted at 5/11/2013 12:14 PM EDT

• trantor
    • First: 4/3/2013
    • Last: 5/11/2013

Morris did a good deed for the BDC forum which was to provide ammunition for a dozen threads and a thousand posts where conflict seekers could gather and debate. It brought in traffic and revenue for the Globe and allowed Softlaw and Georom to take a few days off.

• TV-Guy
    • First: 3/29/2013

When do the forum trolls, cynics, skeptics apologize to Buchholz and to the other forum regulars who are legitimate RS fans? Yes I know that this is the Internet but why enable the pretend Sox fans.

Moderators, Please ban one of Pikes screen names. One is one too many

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I glad, Mr. Morris definately needed to apologize it was totally uncalled for.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

posted at 5/10/2013 10:27 PM EDTMorris apologizes to Clay

posted at 5/11/2013 12:14 PM EDT

• trantor
    • First: 4/3/2013

• TV-Guy
    • First: 3/29/2013

Moderators, Please ban one of Pikes screen names. One is one too many

Batphone. Now more than ever!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I read the conversation that Morris had with Buchholz and it certainly does NOT qualify as an apology IMO.  "if you're cool, than I'm cool" is a pretty lame apology.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I read the conversation that Morris had with Buchholz and it certainly does NOT qualify as an apology IMO.  "if you're cool, than I'm cool" is a pretty lame apology.

I lost some respect for Morris in this. If he thought that stuff, he might have investigated it more before ranting about it on air, or to whatever media outlet he did it on.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

I lost some respect for Morris in this. If he thought that stuff, he might have investigated it more before ranting about it on air, or to whatever media outlet he did it on.

Absolutely!

And where's the 'apology', you know?  

I may be a fossil, but if his "I'm cool" term is today's definition of apology, I prefer to be where I am.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts