Most popular managers according to MLB players poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Most popular managers according to MLB players poll

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1108/most.popular.manager/content.1.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Most popular managers according to MLB players poll

i swear every time i see Ron Gardenhire, he reminds me of wrestler Harley Race...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Most popular managers according to MLB players poll:
    [QUOTE]i swear every time i see Ron Gardenhire, he reminds me of wrestler Harley Race...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Was Race one of the Four Horsemen?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

hey,
    this board is about baseball,politics, religion, racism, and troll hunting.
    discussions about pro wrestling are not allowed.

btw, being popular at your chosen profession doesn't always equate to being good at it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]hey, this board is about baseball,politics, religion, racism, and troll hunting. discussions about pro wrestling are not allowed. btw, being popular at your job doesn't always equate to being good at it.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Kind of cool that Francona is popular and great at his job though isn't it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

OK let's hear it from the Francona people.

We all know the players wouldn't know a gppd mgr if they met one.....;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most popular managers according to MLB players poll : Was Race one of the Four Horsemen?
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
    The original 4 Horsemen were Ric Flair,Tully Blanchard,Arn and Ole Anderson.There were other versions of the 4 Horsemen later,but none were with Harley that I can remember.

And yes Jete,Gardenhire does kind of look similar to Harley Race

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL... We had a poll at work back in the day on which boss everybody wanted to work for and guess what that result was, it was the guy that kissed everybodies backside, didn't care if they were late for work, how long their lunch "hour" was, in short let them get away with murder !! Really what did you expect, Every Francona "Basher" has given his supporters the fact that Tito is a terrific guy, a players manager, and a bosom buddie. Who wouldn't want Tito as a father in law?? I bet if they asked all of the GMs who they would want working for them they would pick Tito too, well maybe not in Philly. I get it, He's a hell of a guy !! They should have asked in a one game playoff for a bunch of money, a Championship, or your life on the line, who you would like to see managing your team, then post that result. That's something that would be interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most popular managers according to MLB players poll : Kind of cool that Francona is popular and great at his job though isn't it?
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

if you're gonna post inane statements like that, please remove neil young from your avatar. he deserves better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]LOL... We had a poll at work back in the day on which boss everybody wanted to work for and guess what that result was, it was the guy that kissed everybodies backside, didn't care if they were late for work, how long their lunch "hour" was, in short let them get away with murder !! Really what did you expect, Every Francona "Basher" has given his supporters the fact that Tito is a terrific guy, a players manager, and a bosom buddie. Who wouldn't want Tito as a father in law?? I bet if they asked all of the GMs who they would want working for them they would pick Tito too, well maybe not in Philly. I get it, He's a hell of a guy !! They should have asked in a one game playoff for a bunch of money, a Championship, or your life on the line, who you would like to see managing your team, then post that result. That would be something that would be interesting.
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

Francona being popular has it's advantages.Maybe that's why,Pedroia,Lester,Buchholz and Youk signed contracts that were undervalued to be at a place they feel comfortable,playing with a manager that they liked playing for.It will also be a factor for drawing free agents here.Nobody really wants to play for a manager who's an SOB.
        As far as his managing skills go,I think 2 World Series rings and Boston being competitive and in the play-off hunt year after year speaks for itself.
        You can't argue with results. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a94968132f40220c42a330029fbfbc55&plckUserId=a94968132f40220c42a330029fbfbc55">
    First: 3/5/2008
    Last: 8/25/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a09faa64a-7987-420e-8dc2-efd9f4f0ac8e&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:09faa64a-7987-420e-8dc2-efd9f4f0ac8ePost:348fa372-09bf-485a-9b5f-619ba17353ec">Re: Most popular managers according to MLB players poll:
    In Response to Re: Most popular managers according to MLB players poll : Was Race one of the Four Horsemen?
    Posted by jimdavis

The original 4 Horsemen were Ric Flair,Tully Blanchard,Arn and Ole Anderson.There were other versions of the 4 Horsemen later,but none were with Harley that I can remember.

And yes Jete,Gardenhire does kind of look similar to Harley Race

Don't bother reading my posts,I have nothing to add. 

gawd! that takes me back to the 80's WCW days! however, if my memory serves me right, I think that Harley hung with the funk brothers terry and dorey. do you remember some of the tag matches back in those days between members of the 4 horseman and the LOD? some of the funniest matches of all time man. Hawk would have flair high over his head with flair shaking his head no back and forth and Hawk would drop him right on his back....The Road Warriors were the greatest tag team to ever enter the squared circle.

RIP Hawk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most popular managers according to MLB players poll : The original 4 Horsemen were Ric Flair,Tully Blanchard,Arn and Ole Anderson.There were other versions of the 4 Horsemen later,but none were with Harley that I can remember. And yes Jete,Gardenhire does kind of look similar to Harley Race
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Love that sh_t-eating grin on Ron Washington's face.  Looks like he's reminiscing about weekend bender filled with booze, blow, and bewbs.

Hilarious!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You mean Showalter didn't make the list? LOL?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

well It's obvious that many of the posters here must now baseball better than the players do themselves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Actually original horseman were Flair, Arn, Ole and JJ Dillon

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Actually original horseman were Flair, Arn, Ole and JJ Dillon
    Posted by stormcrow7878[/QUOTE]

JJ Dillon was with them,but he was the manager.This is from wikipedia:

The original Four Horsemen (1986–1987)

The Four Horsemen formed in January 1986 with Ric Flair, with Flair's storyline cousins Arn Anderson and Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard, with James J. Dillon as their manager. They feuded with Dusty Rhodes (breaking his ankle and hand), Magnum TA, Barry Windham, The Rock 'n' Roll Express (breaking Ricky Morton's nose), Nikita Koloff (injuring his neck), and The Road Warriors.

Sections
Shortcuts