Mr. August in Pawtucket

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Mr. August in Pawtucket

I was against bringing him in to start the season, but I think the timing is about right.  See if we can find a buyer for Aviles and Punto, and have Ciriaco and Iglesias split time at SS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Iglesias should be in Boston now. Cannot understand what the FO is thinking by not having already in Boston. He will save long innings and the amount of pitches the pitcher's will throw by his great defense.

The other day[I believe it was a weekend game], a ball was hit into centerfield, the centerfielder for Pawtucket was playing in right center, and Iglesias went into the outfield[not short centerm but quite aways into centerfield and make one of the most remarkable catches I have ever seen by a SS. I just marveled at the catch and thought then as I have thought all season, why is he still at Pawtucket? I certainly know their is no one in Boston who would have come close to making that catch, maybe in all of baseball who would have made that catch.

Come on FO, do the right thing and bring him up now, and play him the rest of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I thought it was the right decision to send him back to Pawtucket, after spring training.  At this point, it's time to bring him up to see what the kids got. If he's the furture short stop, great, if not, they need to find one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

The pitchers will be real happy to see him.  Great plays and stops for outs instead of long innings is a real nice if your a pitcher.  It looks like he will be a servicable 9 hitter now.  The kid can run a little bit too...12 SB this season.  Just bring him up, it will boost the moral of the pitcher who have been below average all year.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

No it's a thread about the guy that wasn't good enough to beat Aviles out.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Mr. August in Pawtucket:
    [QUOTE]A little leaguer could have beat out Mike Aviles, who is now back in his dumpster. Cherry is the bean counter that made the call to start Aviles, who has been the bum he's always been.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

A little leaguer couldn't have and Iggy didn't. That isn't up for debate.

He didn't.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Avilles had a great April and May while Iggy started slowly. Things have changed since then. Smile, be happy.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

I am happy. Thanks dude.

Iggy should come up and play a bit now that the season is over.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Those threads were wrong. Aviles was not a good everyday SS fielder, and was nothing but a minor leaguer hitter with potemkin pop-fly homers over the "monsta".

The problem is you never bother to check the fac ts before you spew your hatred.

Mike has more road HRs than home HRs.

His 5 home HRs:
    1 to deep CF
    3 to deep LF-CF
    1 to deep LF

In 2011, he hit 2 HRs to "deep" LF.

5 HRs in Fenways this year...
    LF  346 ft
    LF/CF 360 ft
    LF/CF 375 ft
    LF/CF 384 ft
    CF 385 ft

Don't let facts get in the way of your lies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Your assumption is false. "Beating out" is a subjective decision made by bean counters in management. Aviles is proving why he didn't beat out anyone.

No he actually did beat him out.  That is why Iggy is in Pawtucket.  I know it seems complicated but it isn't.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Avilles had a great April and May while Iggy started slowly. Things have changed since then. Smile, be happy.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Softlaw doesn't have the propensity to be happy.  He'll find something to whine about no matter what happens.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Your assumption is false. "Beating out" is a subjective decision made by bean counters in management. Aviles is proving why he didn't beat out anyone.

Aviles didn't beat out anyone?

Do you have access on your PC to Baseball Reference?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. August in Pawtucket : No he actually did beat him out.  That is why Iggy is in Pawtucket.  I know it seems complicated but it isn't.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I've never heard anyone refer to 'beating out' as subjective.  You're on the team or you're not on the team.

OTOH, I guess, in retrospect, that I wasn't really beaten out for a spot on the varsity team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Iggy has looked good as of late and might be finally turning that offensive corner that we have all been longing for...Im sure he will probably be an average hitter in MLB, but thats a lot better that what we have now and what he was doing. Remember, the kid only turned 22 this year. Defense is easier to come by than offense. It takes more time to learn how to hit MLB pitching.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

He should have been in Boston the entire season. If Ozzie Smith had been in this organization, he would have been 30 before being the regular SS.

Keep Pedro at 3rd for the rest of this year. Obviously this guy can play any position except (maybe) pitcher or catcher. He's a natural.

Please don't take any chances with Middlebrooks. He's something special.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I've been advocating for a long time that iggy was way to young at AAA to give up on his bat. Now I don't claim to have a crystal ball but it's good to see him hitting.....I still think he is young enough to still be learning and getting better.....his time may be upon us!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

When Aviles cleared waivers the A's put a claim in for him. When they inquired about the compensation the RS were seeking  for him they were told Either Dan Straily, a rookie RH'er who picked up his 1st ML win in 3 tries last Thursday night in KC or Brett Anderson, just coming off TJS about a year ago. Last I heard the price was too high for Oakland and they backed off.                                 If the RS were trying to move Aviles, did they really think the A's would go for losing their top rated rookie pitching prospect, Dan Straily or veteran pitcher Brett Anderson? It doesn't sound like the RS wanted to move Aviles that much or maybe they'd move him for less to a team other than the A's. Maybe they don't want to bring Iggy up. Right now it's a guess.   

Sections
Shortcuts