Must trade Lackey next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

Must trade Lackey next year

there is no way he can stay with the team.  the sox will have to eat some of his contract, or trade with another team and absorb one of their player contracts.  they can look into carmona or wandy rodriguez as an upside to lackey.  there will be some money freed up with the departure of drew, scutaro, wake and others.  try to keep bedard if possible as a number 4-5.  any thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Must trade Lackey next year

for what or whom? an edsel? a bag of bricks? who in God's name would take him? would have to pay 90% of his remaining salary

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Nice idea...But no GM in his right mind is going to want Lackey. A bad contract and a bad pitcher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

maybe if we throw in crawford someone will take him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Must trade Lackey next year:
    [QUOTE]there is no way he can stay with the team.  the sox will have to eat some of his contract, or trade with another team and absorb one of their player contracts.  they can look into carmona or wandy rodriguez as an upside to lackey.  there will be some money freed up with the departure of drew, scutaro, wake and others.  try to keep bedard if possible as a number 4-5.  any thoughts
    Posted by khuberpt[/QUOTE]

For a used bag of balls maybe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Must trade Lackey next year:
    [QUOTE]for what or whom? an edsel? a bag of bricks? who in God's name would take him? would have to pay 90% of his remaining salary
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Carlos Zambrano?  Jake Peavy? Alex Rios?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We beat the hell out of Lackey when he was with the Angels why on earth did we ever sign him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Must trade Lackey next year:
    [QUOTE]there is no way he can stay with the team.  the sox will have to eat some of his contract, or trade with another team and absorb one of their player contracts.  they can look into carmona or wandy rodriguez as an upside to lackey.  there will be some money freed up with the departure of drew, scutaro, wake and others.  try to keep bedard if possible as a number 4-5.  any thoughts
    Posted by khuberpt[/QUOTE]

Lackey is awful, there's no other word to describe him.  6.30 ERA?  In all the years Wake has played in the majors he has never had an ERA that high and he's primarily our sixth starter.  Yes, we do need to do something with John hes killing us. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

You couldnt give that clown away for free. I mean that seriously, cos you add the fact he is a pathetic team mate and shows up his friends every damn inning and nobody would want him in the stadiium for no cost. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

Who's going to take lackey?? He's shot. He's beat up and got old pretty fast. I don't know what the RS are going to do with him but his good days are clearly behind him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Must trade Lackey next year : Carlos Zambrano?  Jake Peavy? Alex Rios?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

hahaha that made me laugh...truth be told I liked the lackey signing a lot...i have no idea what has happened to this once gritty/stingy pitcher

i just cant defend him anymore....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

In a perfect World  but it is not going to happen, Its going to be an albatross.  Coming up for the Red Sox is the decision on Papi, he is going to want 3/4 years, Sox are only going to go 2 with an option.  It should be a fight, who is his agent?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lackey, Dice-K, and Jenks
    for 
    Zambano and Soriano

The money is nearly identical.

Maybe a change of scenery will turn things around. 

If not, what have we lost?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Must trade Lackey next year : Then why not express disapponted like millions of RSN fans? Why the need to sscapegoat?  I don't get it?
    Posted by Pollyanna1964[/QUOTE]

I thought he did merely express disappointment.

Lackey really has been a disappointment this year.  The funny thing is, many fans did not like him much LAST season, when he actually wasn't so bad.  But after this year, not one of them would mind seeing the 2010 John Lackey right about now...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How about 
    Crawford ($122M/6)
    Lackey     ($46M/3)
    Total: $148M for 9 years total

for

JSantana ($55M/2 counting buyout)
    Jason Bay ($39M/2 counting buyout)
    Total: $94M for 4 years total

The Mets would basically be paying Crawford $54M for 6 years, but with no Santana.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How about 
    Lackey ($46M/3)
    Crawford ($122M/6)

for

Vernon Wells ($74M/3)
    D. Haren ($16M/1 counting buyout)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]How about  Crawford ($122M/6) Lackey     ($46M/3) Total: $148M for 9 years total for JSantana ($55M/2 counting buyout) Jason Bay ($39M/2 counting buyout) Total: $94M for 4 years total The Mets would basically be paying Crawford $54M for 6 years, but with no Santana.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

That is a good start, but not sure the Mets would want to be saddled with Crawford for 6 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How about...

Lackey ($46M/3)
    Dice-K  ($10M/1)
    Jenks   ($6M/1)
    Jed Lowrie (arb 1 or 3)
    Total: $62M

for

Billingsley ($35M/3 incl. buyout)
    Ted Lily      ($25M/2)
    Juan Uribe ($16M/2 incl. buyout)
    Total: $66M

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Must trade Lackey next year : That is a good start, but not sure the Mets would want to be saddled with Crawford for 6 years.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

I think they'd take Crawford since the money differential is just $54M over 6 years. They spread it out. They get a NL-type player. They dump JBay. They aren't winning it in the next 2 years, so what good is Santana to them. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Must trade Lackey next year : I think they'd take Crawford since the money differential is just $54M over 6 years. They spread it out. They get a NL-type player. They dump JBay. They aren't winning it in the next 2 years, so what good is Santana to them. 

"just $54M"....I like that!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

Ownership/management needs to sit him down and rip him a new one. What he has received compared to what he has given is absolutely shameful. The only way he can save face and demonstrate some manhood is to approach the powers that be in total shame and brokeness and force them to take back a very large portion of the money he signed for. Lackey should, in essence, ask for his contract to be renegotiated at a fair value, perhaps a Wakefield type contract. And to think that Wakefield has given the Sox 100 times more than Lackey ever will.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Must trade Lackey next year : "just $54M"....I like that!
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

I know! But I do think the Mets would sign CC for $54M/6 this winter if they could, so they'd take him to repalce Beltran. He may flourish in the NL, and I think Santana is still good enough to help us way more than lackey will.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Must trade Lackey next year :  I think Santana is still good enough to help us way more than lackey will.

No argument there. The Mets could send their bat boy and he would help us more than Lackey

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Must trade Lackey next year : Carlos Zambrano?  Jake Peavy? Alex Rios?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

You mean...

Peavy $21M/1 incl buyout
    Rios     $39M/3 incl buyout

for 

Lackey $46M/3
    Dice-K  $10M/1

CWS save $4M

Sections
Shortcuts