My 2013/future rotation and why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: My 2013/future rotation and why

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Greinke in Boston would be a nightmare. I dont see John Lackey on your list. He WILL be in the rotation in 2013.

[/QUOTE]

what a depressing thing to say.

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes the truth is hard to accept. But alas, it is what it is...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Greinke in Boston would be a nightmare. I dont see John Lackey on your list. He WILL be in the rotation in 2013.

[/QUOTE]

I can see the logic here. Very astute of you!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I just figured everyone here might be intelligent enough to figure out why he'd be a nightmare. Your the only one who apparently isnt...Im referring to the social anxiety Grienke is still dealing with and still takes meds for. If you have been paying attention to the things hes said to the media in Milwaukee and LAA, you'd understand. Boston would not be a good fit for him. At all...

The risks are to great to offer 6+ years and north of 100mm...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Until and unless they find a catcher, no manager or new pitcher(s) will bring down the staff ERA.

Saltalamacchia is the reason our SP stunk last year. There can be no other explanation.

[/QUOTE]

The numbers say otherwise...Since the end of April, Salty's Cera has gone down eventhough the pitching stunk. His pb/wp numbers have been cut in half. The pitchers just stunk this year. Is Salty the best catcher out there? No, but hes far from the worst if you compare him to all the catchers around the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Until and unless they find a catcher, no manager or new pitcher(s) will bring down the staff ERA.

Saltalamacchia is the reason our SP stunk last year. There can be no other explanation.

[/QUOTE]

The numbers say otherwise...Since the end of April, Salty's Cera has gone down eventhough the pitching stunk. His pb/wp numbers have been cut in half. The pitchers just stunk this year. Is Salty the best catcher out there? No, but hes far from the worst if you compare him to all the catchers around the league.

[/QUOTE]

Then why were we above .500 when Shoppach caught, and below .500 when Salty caught?Surely there has to be something to that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is SOOOOO much more to catching than cera and passed ball/wild pitches. It,s more about knowing your pitchers,and getting them to execute when the game is in the balance. It,s about knowing the hitters tendency,s in certain situations and calling the right pitch. About having the faith of the pitcher throwing to you to throw a certain pitch at a certain time and to BELIEVE in it. I personally will take a Yale degree over a pembroke pines hs diploma when it comes to those things any day of the week. I,m sorry

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Comment #1) Greinke in Boston is akin to Crawford in Boston. Sounds nice, excited about the potential, nagging underlying questions exist about the fit. I say no.

Comment #2) Not sure why when everyone lists their predicted rotations that Doubront isn't penciled in. Rubby/Doubront/Lackey/Insert Pitcher here. Doubront was our most consistent starter from season start to finish and was our second best pitcher behind Buchholz last season. He is a young lefty with a strong strikeout rate. I have him firmly entrenched in the 4 spot. No slashes here.

Comment #3)

Predicted Rotation

Lester

Buchholz

Haren/McCarthy/Peavy/Sanchez 

Doubront

Lackey

Bullpen

Bard

Bailey (CL)

Tazawa

Breslow

Miller

Melancon

RHP - Broxton? Aceves? 

LHP - R. Hill?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Comment #2) Not sure why when everyone lists their predicted rotations that Doubront isn't penciled in. Rubby/Doubront/Lackey/Insert Pitcher here. Doubront was our most consistent starter from season start to finish and was our second best pitcher behind Buchholz last season. He is a young lefty with a strong strikeout rate. I have him firmly entrenched in the 4 spot. No slashes here.

Maybe his 1.447 WHIP scares people (thanks mostly to 4.0 BB/9 rate).

Maybe his 89 ERA+ is not too encouraging.

Maybe his 5.38 2nd half ERA is not inspiring.

Maybe his 2-6 record & 5.89 ERA his last 9 starts (65 IP/66H/33 BB)?

I think he hit a wall that was predicatble considering his past. I like his chances of pitching well in 2013, but I'm not counting him as a solid starter as of yet.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

People really need to research Lackey.......he was injured....prior to the injury he average a 3. something ERA most every year. I don't like what the media was saying he was like. If it's true then maybe he is no better than Beckett was. I would give him one good oppurtunity this year to show his stuff....if not good enough...move him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please provide market offer details on the great Sanchez and Charlie McCarthey, and are you going to make an offer to both with the proviso that the first to sign makes the other offer exprie. Thank you, I"ll hang up and wait for your details.

[/QUOTE]

Why does he need to provide market details?  He isn't Ben Cherinton.