My August starting line-up....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

Re: My August starting line-up....

Good lineup. Trade Napoli this year. Platoon Carp with Middlebrooks.

scottwad24

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

INTERESTING but WISHFUL !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm a Napoli fan, myself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looks old and out of place next to the kids. Just a thought I realize they need right handed power. he is not worth 16 MIL.

scottwad24

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I do wonder who has been calling about Napoli and what they might offer, and yet... I'm all for playing the kids and selling off our spare parts, but Napoli is our #2 threat with the bat after Papi and is controlled for 2015. Put Middlebrooks at first base and you might as well go into full rebuilding mode.

I have a hard time seeing a better fit for us at first base than Napoli right now...maybe he's not the sexiest choice, but we should appreciate what we have. The days when everyone was head over heels for Adrian Gonzalez were not that long ago, and he has a lower OPS than Nap by 50 points over the last two seasons while making $21.5 million per year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to scottwad's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looks old and out of place next to the kids. Just a thought I realize they need right handed power. he is not worth 16 MIL.

scottwad24

[/QUOTE]

You can't go all kids.  You need some veteran presence too.  Napoli is a rock solid guy to have around. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

1) Holt - SS

2) Victorino - RF

3) Pedroia - 2B

4) Ortiz - DH

5) Middlebrooks - 1B

6) Bogaerts - 3B

7) Betts - LF

8) Vazquez/Ross - CA

9) JBJR - CF 

And let us ride the train all the way into oblivion !

Holt has never been able to hold down a 3B or SS position so more playing time there won't change anything.  It would be like having another Drew except the opposite, more offense with less defense.  Our FO has to also be careful with Middy, I would play him strictly as a platoon guy in hopes he gets hot and maybe raises his trade value a bit.  Middy will never improve at the plate enough to reach his potential, nor will he stay off the DL long enough if he does begin to hit.  He should be packaged at some point along with Doubront, Lav and a few others.

I also think we should rest Shane as much as possible in hopes he can stay healthy next season.  My OF would be Betts, Holt and JBJ the rest of the way, Marrero and Bogy at SS, Middy and Cecchini at 3B and Vasquez catching until we lose Ross in favor of Swihart.  None of our youngsters have proven they can play every day both offensively or defensively at their natural positions so we need to weed out the fits and package others to upgrade the club next season.  Same goes for the staff, I would give kids like Renaudo, Barnes and Webster a couple of spot starts to see how they handle themselves because if we lose Lester, Peavy and possibly Doub or another SP someone besides Rubby needs to step in sooner rather than later.

Time to stop predicting how good our young arms are and give them a few starts.  My guess is we only have two or three that will ever stick if that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

JBJ hitting 9th? He'll be up there in the top 5; and that's a given. Middlebrooks, Victorino? Where do those names come from? They're gone. If not this year, than certainly next. I hear that Blake Swihart will be along before too long. Switch hitter who throws people out, and has power.

Get rid of Middlebrooks and Victorinio while they could bring a few A league people. All they (incl Gomes) due is clog up the base paths and mess up the dugout

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

scottwad24

[/QUOTE]

Looks old and out of place next to Farrell. Yes, please trade him; the beard alone ought to be worth something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

[QUOTE]

Good lineup. Trade Napoli this year. Platoon Carp with Middlebrooks.

scottwad24

[/QUOTE]

Pedria is not a good third hitter in any line up...his one the finest second batter, whose goal in to score runs and move runners...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

[QUOTE]

Sure Napoli can stay but let us face it.... who would not want his bat and experience and contract or the stretch run?

Pirates come to mind, so do the Royals. Giants? Cardinals? Oakland?

[/QUOTE]

Reds need him badly

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The only guy we have who might be able to replace Napoli is Middlebrooks.  No thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The only guy we have who might be able to replace Napoli is Middlebrooks.  No thanks.

[/QUOTE]

why say that? we are in last place.... we do not need Napoli... heck Ortiz can play first if need be (partial serious there).  If we get a good return for Napoli then you have to move him

[/QUOTE]

I agree with the Italiano.