my family has a huge nite at fenway this is a great read

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

my family has a huge nite at fenway this is a great read

last thursday the sox played the orioles at fenway and we were there at our
    monster seats.my son takes me there for fathers day every year so we all
    go.we go to about 5 games a year we live in oswego ny.
    so the sox take batting practice and my son yells  mom duck .just then youk
    hit a ball over her head and he catches it.ball number 1.dustin hits one my
    daughter grabs that ball.thats ball 2.  vlad hits one for the orioles my son catches that ball this is all bare hands.ball 3.the 7th inning comes as i
    watch salty hit a shot.i yell to my son here it comes.the ball all of a sudden is
    on his back and i have my finger tips on the ball.then i take a big hit from behind
    i must have pushed the ball down his arm and he caught it.ball 4.i was down but
    soon back on my feet.my family will never forget that nite at fenway.
    good luck in 2nd half sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: my family has a huge nite at fenway this is a great read

Wow, a nice batch of souvenirs to take home with you. Maybe you should take a couple of gloves with you next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to my family has a huge nite at fenway this is a great read:
    [QUOTE]last thursday the sox played the orioles at fenway and we were there at our monster seats.my son takes me there for fathers day every year so we all go.we go to about 5 games a year we live in oswego ny. so the sox take batting practice and my son yells  mom duck .just then youk hit a ball over her head and he catches it.ball number 1.dustin hits one my daughter grabs that ball.thats ball 2.  vlad hits one for the orioles my son catches that ball this is all bare hands.ball 3.the 7th inning comes as i watch salty hit a shot.i yell to my son here it comes.the ball all of a sudden is on his back and i have my finger tips on the ball.then i take a big hit from behind i must have pushed the ball down his arm and he caught it.ball 4.i was down but soon back on my feet.my family will never forget that nite at fenway. good luck in 2nd half sox.
    Posted by soxyjim[/QUOTE]

wow.  perhaps the sox brass should pony up to get the soxyjim fam monster seats season tix no?  Thats awesome Jim.  Must have been a fun ride home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]last thursday the sox played the orioles at fenway and we were there at our monster seats.my son takes me there for fathers day every year so we all go.we go to about 5 games a year we live in oswego ny. so the sox take batting practice and my son yells  mom duck .just then youk hit a ball over her head and he catches it.ball number 1.dustin hits one my daughter grabs that ball.thats ball 2.  vlad hits one for the orioles my son catches that ball this is all bare hands.ball 3.the 7th inning comes as i watch salty hit a shot.i yell to my son here it comes.the ball all of a sudden is on his back and i have my finger tips on the ball.then i take a big hit from behind i must have pushed the ball down his arm and he caught it.ball 4.i was down but soon back on my feet.my family will never forget that nite at fenway. good luck in 2nd half sox.
    Posted by soxyjim[/QUOTE]nice Jim..your family UZR is through the roof...Tongue outLaughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Great story.It's cool everything worked out so good for you and your family.I hope you have as much luck the next time you go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

A night your kids will remember forever which I assume was the goal?!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: my family has a huge nite at fenway this is a great read:
    [QUOTE]Great story.It's cool everything worked out so good for you and your family.I hope you have as much luck the next time you go.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Hey, no disrespect to soxyjim.  I wish him a good time at the game still, but let's spread some of the bouty around.  Wish me such luck whenever I get back to Fenway. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

That is awesome.  You should think about purchasing lottery tickets soon...your luck might continue!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Good deal soxyjim!

I was at that game too, and didn't even get a sniff of catching a ball.  In fact, I have never had the fortune of catching a HR or foul ball out of all the games I've gone to, not that I've been to a huge amount, but I've been to my fair share. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: my family has a huge nite at fenway this is a great read:
    [QUOTE]Good deal soxyjim! I was at that game too, and didn't even get a sniff of catching a ball.  In fact, I have never had the fortune of catching a HR or foul ball out of all the games I've gone to, not that I've been to a huge amount, but I've been to my fair share. 
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE] you should have showed them your ROOT VIP card....Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I actually had a night somewhat like this in the Tokyo Dome in Japan.  I sat in the bleachers with my stepson.  We didn't catch any homerun balls, but one of the pep rally cheerleader type guys gave my son the homerun ball that was hit into our section as a respectful gesture.  That made it even more special.  We were also featured on the large video screen between innings during the game.  As the only Gaijin sitting in our section, we were as much of an attraction as the game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Great story..That memory will be around forever..good for you guys!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by soxyjim[/QUOTE]

Quite a nite, I'm happy to hear nobody fell over a railing.

Sections
Shortcuts