My HEART says BRADLEY on 4/1 .........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

My HEART says BRADLEY on 4/1 .........

But my head says it will be after 4/11 ..............Unless the SOX are looking for a BOOST in ticket sales & SPIRIT  !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: My HEART says BRADLEY on 4/1 .........

Bill I for one agree that he should be playing And if he performs keep him up and screw the 5th year. If he does not they can send him back.

however if he does as Pedroia did in his first 6 to 7 weeks they need to stick with him like they did Pedroia. They know he can play just stick with him and the fans must stay with him as well regardless of what he does.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If they have to wait 11 days, thats worth another year of control. If he does start the year in Boston then they would have to send him down for 20 consecutive games to avoid losing a year of control. Its bad business and not smart in todays MLB to give up that year for 11 days.

Farrell said he doesnt view JBJ as a LF'er so we'll have to wait and see...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

But my head says it will be after 4/11 ..............Unless the SOX are looking for a BOOST in ticket sales & SPIRIT  !!!

I agree Bill.  I REALLY want Bradley up with the big club to start the year......but it's only 11 days.  I think to gain a year of control for just 11 days is worth it.  If it was like 30 days...or more I might say 'who cares about t ayear!!'.  But it's 11 days.  I know every game is important but I think we have a solid enough team to 'stay afloat' for a week and half. 

I also don't want to see this kid get too much pressure put on him as a 'savior' of some sort.  He's a rookie, he will have A LOT of ups and downs.....just ask Dustin Pedroia about ups and downs your rookie season!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

If they have to wait 11 days, thats worth another year of control

It's not "another year of control". It's another year of an arbitration award, which has been about 10M a year for Ellsbury. Simply look at how stupid the situation with Ellsbury is. Does anyone really care if he has another year of 10 million dollar arbitration costs? He'll be lucky to get 15M base for his FA contract. Who cares! Ellsbury needs to be gone because he's been around as a position player starter for a half a decade and he's overrated and has problems showing up for work.

Most MLB GM's are so stupid the only thing they can cling to is "look, see how I used the CBA to get another arbitration award year out of guy 7 years down the road". Forget that I paid 10 million for an old veteran SS reject "control", I'm going to approach the first half of the season by putting out a lineup that excludes one of the best players in all of MLB spring training, as I'm not worried about 9 games in the first half of the season and I don't view Bradley as a LF'er but I do view Gomes as an everyday LF'er and I'm going with Nava or Sweeney and/or Carp fo those 9 games and then I'll view Bradley as a LF'er or RF'er or CF'er or anywhere we get a DL but I don't view Bradley as a LF'er but that has nothing to do with my decision to make sure Bradley has some time in AAA after those bad stats in AA and I'm running out of excuses for why I'm going to start the season with one of my best players in minor league ball. Oh yea, and it could save this organiation 10 or 20M about 7 years from now, but I won't let you have a 2nd mortgage on my house if I'm wrong about that amount and it turns out it did't cost anymore and we missed the playoffs by a few games and Bradley missed at least 9 games in a row in the early season but was the spark plug that gave us all hope that this team has no energy and leadership and has gone from the most embarrassing trajectory in MLB to a winning trajectory.

Anyone know how much the "lost year of control projected speculative cost" of 20M would cost season ticket holders in a surcharge?

It would cost about $5 more per ticket to see 9 more games of Bradley, 7 years from now, to see Bradley play 9 games in the first two weeks of the season?

Anyone have a problem with that? Or does anyone want to see Gomes in LF and Sweeney and/or Carp and/or Nava as the manager's options during the first 9 games of the season?

I'd buy my first ticke in a long, long time to see Bradley play in the first 9 games of the MLB Red Sox season. You'd have to pay me a lot of money to sit and watch Gomes, Sweeney, Carp and Nava take the time away from Bradley starting those first 9 games.

Oh well, you folks keep aping that "we need to save that year of control and it's just 12 days" nonsense.

The Red Sox ended last year as an exhibition team. If they pull this bean counting nonsense and don't start Bradley from the get go, they are still nothing but an exhibition team. I'll view the entire season as a bunch of spring trainging games, making sure such and such gets his minor league time in and then "gettting a look at this guy in the big leages and sending him back down" etc. etc. etc. etc. 

The hilarious part of your resistance to keeping Bradley's extra contr ... err, arbitration year in place is that it flies in the face of your own arguement.  If the kid is sooo valuable and awesome right now as a totally unproven rookie that the Sox cannot swim for 11 days without his amazing services, it stands to reason that they would certainly want to have when he is in his absolute prime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

If they have to wait 11 days, thats worth another year of control

It's not "another year of control". It's another year of an arbitration award, which has been about 10M a year for Ellsbury. Simply look at how stupid the situation with Ellsbury is. Does anyone really care if he has another year of 10 million dollar arbitration costs? He'll be lucky to get 15M base for his FA contract. Who cares! Ellsbury needs to be gone because he's been around as a position player starter for a half a decade and he's overrated and has problems showing up for work.

Most MLB GM's are so stupid the only thing they can cling to is "look, see how I used the CBA to get another arbitration award year out of guy 7 years down the road". Forget that I paid 10 million for an old veteran SS reject "control", I'm going to approach the first half of the season by putting out a lineup that excludes one of the best players in all of MLB spring training, as I'm not worried about 9 games in the first half of the season and I don't view Bradley as a LF'er but I do view Gomes as an everyday LF'er and I'm going with Nava or Sweeney and/or Carp fo those 9 games and then I'll view Bradley as a LF'er or RF'er or CF'er or anywhere we get a DL but I don't view Bradley as a LF'er but that has nothing to do with my decision to make sure Bradley has some time in AAA after those bad stats in AA and I'm running out of excuses for why I'm going to start the season with one of my best players in minor league ball. Oh yea, and it could save this organiation 10 or 20M about 7 years from now, but I won't let you have a 2nd mortgage on my house if I'm wrong about that amount and it turns out it did't cost anymore and we missed the playoffs by a few games and Bradley missed at least 9 games in a row in the early season but was the spark plug that gave us all hope that this team has no energy and leadership and has gone from the most embarrassing trajectory in MLB to a winning trajectory.

Anyone know how much the "lost year of control projected speculative cost" of 20M would cost season ticket holders in a surcharge?

It would cost about $5 more per ticket to see 9 more games of Bradley, 7 years from now, to see Bradley play 9 games in the first two weeks of the season?

Anyone have a problem with that? Or does anyone want to see Gomes in LF and Sweeney and/or Carp and/or Nava as the manager's options during the first 9 games of the season?

I'd buy my first ticke in a long, long time to see Bradley play in the first 9 games of the MLB Red Sox season. You'd have to pay me a lot of money to sit and watch Gomes, Sweeney, Carp and Nava take the time away from Bradley starting those first 9 games.

Oh well, you folks keep aping that "we need to save that year of control and it's just 12 days" nonsense.

The Red Sox ended last year as an exhibition team. If they pull this bean counting nonsense and don't start Bradley from the get go, they are still nothing but an exhibition team. I'll view the entire season as a bunch of spring trainging games, making sure such and such gets his minor league time in and then "gettting a look at this guy in the big leages and sending him back down" etc. etc. etc. etc. 

The hilarious part of your resistance to keeping Bradley's extra contr ... err, arbitration year in place is that it flies in the face of your own arguement.  If the kid is sooo valuable and awesome right now as a totally unproven rookie that the Sox cannot swim for 11 days without his amazing services, it stands to reason that they would certainly want to have when he is in his absolute prime.

REALITY  !!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts