My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!!

And that fellow board members, is just what Dad & bill-806 had predicted !!!!!!!  Can't wait to see it !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!!

All the prospects have a chance, Bill...still think it's possible, but not probable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!!

Anyone who truly knows about baseball, knows the value of a great fielding SS. I think Ben, Larry & Bobby know a little more than some of us have given them credit for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I said, last year, that Igglesias should have been on the active roster and playing a lot. Bill, you have campaigned correctly, for 2012. Well done. Most on here have been saying, over and over, that Iglesias will start the year in Pawtucket. If that happens, it will be as absurd as offering Wakefield and Varitek millions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!!:
    [QUOTE]I said, last year, that Igglesias should have been on the active roster and playing a lot. Bill, you have campaigned correctly, for 2012. Well done. Most on here have been saying, over and over, that Iglesias will start the year in Pawtucket. If that happens, it will be as absurd as offering Wakefield and Varitek millions.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE] Thats a  B I N G O  !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I'd still prefer to see him in AAA until mid May to get an extra year before he hits FA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If Iggy has good and somewhat productive at-bats, he's in like Flynn. The cut where he went to right for a single, then stolen base the other day helps. He needs to hit for gaps, as he has good speed. Those little things that will get him to Opening Day...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!!:
    [QUOTE]  And that fellow board members, is just what Dad & bill-806 had predicted !!!!!!!  Can't wait to see it !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

""I think there's a remote chance," Lucchino said. "I like him a lot, it's fun to watch him play, it's fun to see the growth and development both physically and developmentally from the last year or two and it'll be fun to watch him for the next couple of years. But Mike Aviles is playing extremely well, he had a couple of hits yesterday, and he can be a key component of this team this year. But Iglesias has a great future."

I'm not sure "remote" translates to "sure thing".

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I think our little Yankee loving friend is on to something Bill. Lazy folks like myself always appreciate convenience! :o)

In Response to Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!!:
    [QUOTE]WHEN STARTING A THREAD LIKE THIS BILL WHY NOT POST THE LINK OR C&P THE PART THAT IS RELEVENT
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!! : [QUOTE]I think our little Yankee loving friend is on to something Bill. Lazy folks like myself always appreciate convenience! :o) In Response to Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!! : Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE ] greetings Teakus good times coming soon but while we R on the subject  IMO the perfect thread start of this type includes the link a C&P of the part that most interests the OP followed by a comment
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]  Heck, i just come down from 4 years of CAPS.......   Now, you want me to get into C & P and other stuff......  next will be  CAP & TRADE & the "Big O'S health care !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Luciano

Lucchino

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Luciano Lucchino
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]  Good one, I see some likes here !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]I said, last year, that Igglesias should have been on the active roster and playing a lot. Bill, you have campaigned correctly, for 2012. Well done. Most on here have been saying, over and over, that Iglesias will start the year in Pawtucket. If that happens, it will be as absurd as offering Wakefield and Varitek millions.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

I was wondering how you were going work Wake into this post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I do not know if I believe him. He said we would "blow" past the luxury tax line this year and that we were not done yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

What else is he going to say, "Iglesias has no realistic chance, he has to prove he can hit even a little in AAA first."?  Of course not, nor do players say "I'm in the worst shape of my career this spring."

I think there is a realistic chance he'll stick, but I don't think he will....but I totally ignore what Red Sox executives say in public.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]What else is he going to say, "Iglesias has no realistic chance, he has to prove he can hit even a little in AAA first."?  Of course not, nor do players say "I'm in the worst shape of my career this spring." I think there is a realistic chance he'll stick, but I don't think he will....but I totally ignore what Red Sox executives say in public.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

well in this case who is Iggy's competition? two journeymen backups? Of course he's the main guy - we didnt get rid of marco to put someone else in SS that was weaker defensively and offensively, did we?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who truly knows about baseball, knows the value of a great fielding SS. I think Ben, Larry & Bobby know a little more than some of us have given them credit for.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Of course there is value in a great Fielding SS.  There is also value in spending a little more time in AAA working on your approach to hitting.  

He's still very young.  What's the rush?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!! : well in this case who is Iggy's competition? two journeymen backups? Of course he's the main guy - we didnt get rid of marco to put someone else in SS that was weaker defensively and offensively, did we?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Aviles has a higher career BA, Slugging Percentage and OPS than Scutaro.  In the two years that he has had more than 400 AB's he has hit over 300 both years.

Aviles would be a very good hitting SS.  Whether he can play well defensively there is another issue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!! : Of course there is value in a great Fielding SS.  There is also value in spending a little more time in AAA working on your approach to hitting.   He's still very young.  What's the rush?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]Son,  AAA is overrated.... The kid can play now, and the pitchers will all take on the look of  CY YOUNG himself !!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!!": [QUOTE]What else is he going to say, "Iglesias has no realistic chance, he has to prove he can hit even a little in AAA first."?  Of course not, nor do players say "I'm in the worst shape of my career this spring." I think there is a realistic chance he'll stick, but I don't think he will....but I totally ignore what Red Sox executives say in public. Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE] John Henry should fine Lucchino every time he publicly discusses anything that has to do with baseball operations. He's an intelligent guy, a brilliant marketing exec and a great devil's advocate for Ben's staff, but his ego is usually going to help him insert his foot in his mouth when it comes to player personnel...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!! : Son,  AAA is overrated.... The kid can play now, and the pitchers will all take on the look of  CY YOUNG himself !!!!!

Aviles is going to be the opening day SS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My man Lucciano's indicates that IGGY has a gooood chance to open up at SS, can you believe it!!! : Son,  AAA is overrated.... The kid can play now, and the pitchers will all take on the look of  CY YOUNG himself !!!!!

Bill, you've lost me here.  You say AAA is overrated - which if true makes Iggy's 2011 season look even worse - and all the pitchers will appear like Cy Young to him - exactly the concern - yet you say he can play now?

That makes no sense at all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Before the year is over, we might see Shoppach, Punto & Sweeney replaced by Lavarnway, Iglesias & Kalish.  But these players have minor-league options left, need to play every day, and have more yet to learn.  We don't know what injuries await the 2012 Boston Red Sox, or who will be forcing the team's hand by destroying minor-league pitching.  Handcuffing ourselves by unnecessarily cutting a player right out of the box is not a sensible move for the team.  Aviles should be our starting SS.