My Outfield in 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

My Outfield in 2013

LF- Cody Ross

CF- Jacoby (if not traded)

RF- Scott Hairston

I think this would work, definately as a bridge to upcoming years with brentz and bradley. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: My Outfield in 2013

mattb---if the Sox plan to rebuild over the next couple of years I'd go with an outfield of:

Linares, JBJ and Brentz.

If the Sox are going all in I trade for Chris Young and sign either Hamilton or Swisher and add Brentz to that outfield. Trade Ells.

Do not sign Ross unless he is your DH and occasional 1 B.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

yeah i like the ross fit too but wonder long term if it would make sense. agree 100% on linares. i tend to shy away from him since they dont seem to want to give him a real chance. i would, and i think next year is maybe the best time to see what we really have

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RamblinWreck77. Show RamblinWreck77's posts

That's the $64,000 question:  Why didn't they bring up Linares for a look-see?  I don't get it; he isn't getting any younger.
    [QUOTE]

yeah i like the ross fit too but wonder long term if it would make sense. agree 100% on linares. i tend to shy away from him since they dont seem to want to give him a real chance. i would, and i think next year is maybe the best time to see what we really have

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to mattb5fon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LF- Cody Ross

CF- Jacoby (if not traded)

RF- Scott Hairston

I think this would work, definately as a bridge to upcoming years with brentz and bradley. Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

What an exciting OF in 2013 right after the one of the worst season in Sox history...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

whatever the SOX decide to do for an outfield, please do not include SWISHER in the plans.

[/QUOTE]

The Sox commenced the draining of-the-swamp by jettisoning Youkilis, AGon, Beckett, Crawford and Punto. Good start, but the likes of Dick-K, Aceves, Cook and other duds in the BP should never pitch in a Sox uniform again.  W/numerous highly rated prospects and a good chunk of cash they should be able to assemple an OF better than Ross, Ellsbury and Scott Hairston. I'm don't think ethe dynamic duo of LL and BC are up to the task of reuilding the Sox. The only stiff that BC signed that contributed was Ross. Hopefully, the Sox can assemble a competitive team in 2013, the Yanks are showing their age, ARod, Jeter, Pettitte and Rivera's careers are winding down. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I want Ben to get creative and turn this team's culture around.  Spend big and be bold this winter.  Don't let 2013 be a bridge year but a championship year or else you will have 2 miserable years to start your career as GM.  Take the risk on Hamilton because return prize will be enormous and fans need something huge this winter to forget the last two seasons of Red Sox.  Don't re-sign Ross but trade for Shin Soo Choo as our RF.  Trade Ells + 1 prospect for Lincecum.  Bring up JBJ and let him get matured in major league.  Trade for Mauer to man our 1B and split times with Salty as backup catcher.  Iggy should be fine as a hitter in major league next year. 

Lineup would be,

JBJ-Pedey-Mauer-Papi-Hamilton-WMB-Salty-Choo-Iggy

Bench Ciriaco, Sands, Mauro Gomez, Lin

Rotaion,

Lincecum-Lester-Buch-Doubront-Lackey

Pen,

Morales, Hill, Taz, Alex Wilson, Breslow, Melancon, Bailey

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Great, Mauer, Papi, Choo, Salty, Hamilton.

Besides the obscene cost, are the Red Sox moving to Yankee Stadium, with all those lefty hitters?

You do realize they play in FENWAY PARK, don't you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]I want Ben to get creative and turn this team's culture around.  Spend big and be bold this winter.  Don't let 2013 be a bridge year but a championship year or else you will have 2 miserable years to start your career as GM.  Take the risk on Hamilton because return prize will be enormous and fans need something huge this winter to forget the last two seasons of Red Sox.  Don't re-sign Ross but trade for Shin Soo Choo as our RF.  Trade Ells + 1 prospect for Lincecum.  Bring up JBJ and let him get matured in major league.  Trade for Mauer to man our 1B and split times with Salty as backup catcher.  Iggy should be fine as a hitter in major league next year. 

Lineup would be,

Rotaion,

Pen,

Morales, Hill, Taz, Alex Wilson, Breslow, Melancon, Bailey[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox would need to deplete the system to acquire Joe Mauer and Shin-Soo Choo via trade. Whom should the Sox trade?

Did the acquisitions of Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford two years ago help Red Sox fans forget two seasons without a postseason win? The winner of the Josh Hamilton sweepstakes may be the long-term loser.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great, Mauer, Papi, Choo, Salty, Hamilton.

Besides the obscene cost, are the Red Sox moving to Yankee Stadium, with all those lefty hitters?

You do realize they play in FENWAY PARK, don't you?

[/QUOTE]

Yankee Stadium RF (314 and 385)

Fenway RF (302 and 380)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I want Ben to get creative and turn this team's culture around.  Spend big and be bold this winter.  Don't let 2013 be a bridge year but a championship year or else you will have 2 miserable years to start your career as GM.  Take the risk on Hamilton because return prize will be enormous and fans need something huge this winter to forget the last two seasons of Red Sox.  Don't re-sign Ross but trade for Shin Soo Choo as our RF.  Trade Ells + 1 prospect for Lincecum.  Bring up JBJ and let him get matured in major league.  Trade for Mauer to man our 1B and split times with Salty as backup catcher.  Iggy should be fine as a hitter in major league next year. 

Lineup would be,

Rotaion,

Pen,

The Red Sox would need to deplete the system to acquire Joe Mauer and Shin-Soo Choo via trade. Whom should the Sox trade?

Did the acquisitions of Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford two years ago help Red Sox fans forget two seasons without a postseason win? The winner of the Josh Hamilton sweepstakes may be the long-term loser.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Agone and CC acquisition relieved some to forget about postseason win but they created more stress afterward didn't they? We need to forget about last two seasons with Agone and CC.

Sox taking half of Mauer's total salary left on his contract would help reduce cost of prospects.  Lavarnway, Rubby, Swihart, Cecchini seem fair deal.

Choo won't be that expensive to land since he only has one year left on his contract and Indians won't extend him.  I believe he could be had for three 10-20 ranked prospects.  Indians need young SP who can be ready in near future.  Britton, Workman and Jacobs seem trigger their interest. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lineup would be,

Rotaion,

Pen,

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Agone and CC acquisition relieved some to forget about postseason winless but they created more stress afterward didn't they? We need to forget about last two seasons with Agone and CC.

Sox taking half of Mauer's total salary left on his contract would help reduce cost of prospects.  Lavarnway, Rubby, Swihart, Cecchini seem fair deal.

Choo won't be that expensive to land since he only has one year left on his contract and Indians won't extend him.  I believe he could be had for three 10-20 ranked prospects.  Indians need young SP who can be ready in near future.  Britton, Workman and Jacobs seem trigger their interest. 

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Anyone with a brain knows the RF at Yankee Stadium is a hell of a lot easier to hit HRs out of the Fenway.

The 302 at Fenway is a joke. because it immediately goes out to 380. Ted Williams complained about the number of HRs it cost him and how many he'd have hit in Yankee Stadium.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Anyone with a brain knows the RF at Yankee Stadium is a hell of a lot easier to hit HRs out of the Fenway.

The 302 at Fenway is a joke. because it immediately goes out to 380. Ted Williams complained about the number of HRs it cost him and how many he'd have hit in Yankee Stadium.

[/QUOTE]

They didn't have the RF bullpen for some of Teddy's career.

But you are right, just after the foul pole Fenway's RF is deeper than NY's for quite a long measurement until it reaches right-center field, then it is slightly closer until the pen ends and the triangle makes it deeper aagin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BVTsoxfan. Show BVTsoxfan's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But you are right, just after the foul pole Fenway's RF is deeper than NY's for quite a long measurement until it reaches right-center field, then it is slightly closer until the pen ends and the triangle makes it deeper aagin.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool site comparing park outlines...

http://snippets.com/how-different-are-major-league-baseball-fields.htm

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

mattb---if the Sox plan to rebuild over the next couple of years I'd go with an outfield of:

Linares, JBJ and Brentz.

If the Sox are going all in I trade for Chris Young and sign either Hamilton or Swisher and add Brentz to that outfield. Trade Ells.

Do not sign Ross unless he is your DH and occasional 1 B.

[/QUOTE]

Yes Swisher....Yup!....Hint? Watch a playoff game... Yes the great Swisher........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to BVTsoxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool site comparing park outlines...

http://snippets.com/how-different-are-major-league-baseball-fields.htm

[/QUOTE]

My first question is a rhetorical one because I already know the answer to it, I'm afraid, and that is if Cherington has the where-with-all to get creative and daring at the same time and get us a good team that includes a solid outfield.  I don't think he does at all, but I keep my fingers crossed that I am now underestimating him because of the rotten job he did last winter in upgrading our team....NOT!!!!!!!----Melancon, Bailey, Padilla,Carpenter, Stewart, Lillibridge, Repko, Valencia, Beato, Ohlendorf, Silva and the immortal Justin Thomas.  Let me see, did I forget anyone?  Oh yes, Cody Ross, his one good acquisition.  The first question is can be resign Cody or will be mess that up.  Odds are he will mess that up if we go by past performances, so let's hope he has grown in his position and somehow ace meddler Larry the Lizard is kept out of his hair since he is more ignorant of baseball matters that Cherries is.

Are we going to keep Ellsbury?  That's another question.  Ross for one position, Ells for another and, pray tell, is next year the year Ryan Kalish finally is healthy enough to claim the third spot?

To me, pitching and first base are much more important. We need at least one solid starter and it might cost us Ellsbury to get one.  If we can't get that man we keep Ells and take our chances at his FA after next season.  We cannot afford another 2012.  As for first base, no way in hel@ can we endure a bum like James baLoney, the Dodger reject.  We must upgrade that position and very quickly.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I hope the Red Sox resign Ross.  I read a rumor somewhere that the Braves will make an aggressive run at him. 

Quincy Market > CNN

Samuel Adams > Coca Cola

Cape Cod > Callaway Gardens

Boston over Atlanta, it's a no-brainer.  LOL

Sections
Shortcuts