My personal dedication to Derek Jeter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

My personal dedication to Derek Jeter

I was 36 when Jeter arrived in the majors and from that day forward always hoped he would some day be a member of the Red Sox even though 1996 brought us a guy named Nomar.  Jete is now completing a truly amazing career with our rival Yankees but my respect for the guy has never wavered.  Whether it be on the field or off you had to love the way Jeter carried himself, respected the game and all fans.  Even his personal life mirrored a George Clooney cast of beautiful women who never had a bad thing to say publically about Jete even after the breakups.

You can't ask for much more of a role model so Yankee and Baseball fans all over the world should truly appreciate everything this guy has brought to the sport.  Good luck Derek and thanks for the memories even though as a sox fan I was on the opposite side of a great deal of you success.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: My personal dedication to Derek Jeter

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was 36 when Jeter arrived in the majors and from that day forward always hoped he would some day be a member of the Red Sox even though 1996 brought us a guy named Nomar.  Jete is now completing a truly amazing career with our rival Yankees but my respect for the guy has never wavered.  Whether it be on the field or off you had to love the way Jeter carried himself, respected the game and all fans.  Even his personal life mirrored a George Clooney cast of beautiful women who never had a bad thing to say publically about Jete even after the breakups.

You can't ask for much more of a role model so Yankee and Baseball fans all over the world should truly appreciate everything this guy has brought to the sport.  Good luck Derek and thanks for the memories even though as a sox fan I was on the opposite side of a great deal of you success.

[/QUOTE]

Well said...! He is truly a class act on top of being a great ballplayer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

miscricket , you have a message

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

miscricket , you have a message

[/QUOTE]

so do you :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

nice reads craze & mis c

one of my favorite jeter stories might of inspired that respect video this week

The two men have such mutual admiration for each other that through the years they have engaged in a silent, respectful ritual before Jeter’s first at-bat in every game in which he plays against a team managed by Francona. Before stepping into the batter’s box for that first at-bat, Jeter will look into the opposing dugout and tip his cap toward Francona, who respectfully returns the greeting.

I heard in his book terri said arod tried it and he just ignore him

Sections
Shortcuts