My Plan to Fix the 2012 Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: My Plan to Fix the 2012 Sox

In Response to Re: My Plan to Fix the 2012 Sox:
    In Response to Re: My Plan to Fix the 2012 Sox : I'm curious, what does natural 2nd spot mean? Is the strike zone smaller when you bat 2nd? No matter where he bats, the pitcher still throws from 60 feet 6 inches and the bases are 90 feet apart and homeplate is in the same place. He is not selective enough to ever bat 2nd.
    Posted by BOSOX1941

Your logic is correct and I agree with you. with that said, You as well as I know that some players (Pedroia) can bat anywhere and some players do better where they r used to being..CC is this kind of player..when he was in Tampa he refused to play CF cause he wasnt comfortable there, he refused to bat 1st, refused to be considered the captain etc..see where Im goin? Im just saying that, IMO, if we put him where hes most comfortable and where he had great success in Tampa, we should get the best from him..Personally, I dont think his mental makeup is good in Boston..Hopefully he proves my statement wrong..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

OK, Nancy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

In Response to My Plan to Fix the 2012 Sox:

You can't fix the 2012 Red Sox - we don't know who will be on the team yet, there is nothing to fix.  You mean fix the 2011 Red Sox for 2012, or something. 

New Manager - Don Baylor Compensation for Theo :   Should be an amount equal to the luxury tax that we will need to pay now due to his Crawford signing and Lackey now out Lackey :  I would have put Lackey on waivers but now he’s not a concern; just do not allow him to travel with the team Trade #1: Crawford and $21 million to LA for Vernon Wells (Sox get wells for 3/$62 and LA gets Crawford for 6/$99) Trade #2:   Lowrie, Bobby Jenks, Michael Bowden and Lars Anderson to the Giants for Jonathan Sanchez …Back-Up Plan would be to sign Mark Buehrle.   Resign Papelbon for 3 years/46 million....if he refuses then screw him and go after Bell for a lot less (2 years/25 million) or let Capps (to sign as a FA) and Bard battle it out in Spring Training Offer Ortiz a 2 year deal - 1 year, $13 million deal w/ an incentive based option for another $12 million if he hits 30 HR OR drives in 100; otherwise let him walk and take the 2 draft picks.   If they don't resign Ortiz, then split Youk's time at DH and 3B and get a new 3B - - - - Will Middlebrooks is in farm or Mike Aviles who can play other positions too  and would be much less expensive alternatives Pick Up Scut ’s option Do not resign Wake or Tek   See if Ellsbury (ie Boras) would take a 75 million dollar extension and structure the money to give him big raises over the period of the contract and incentive laden options for more years at big $     Line Up could be :   1  Ellsbury L (CF) 2  Pedey R (2B) 3  Gonzo L (1B) 4  Youk R (3B) 5  Ortiz L (DH) 6  Wells R (LF) 7  Kalish L (RF) 8  Salty S (C) 9  Scutaro R SS Rotation could be :     Buck Lester L Beckett Sanchez L (or Buerhrle L) Doubrant L     (3 lefties)   *  Free Agent Targets for the Pen:   Matt Capps and Javier Lopez     Pen Could be :     Papelbon Bard Aceves Morales L Capps J Lopez L 1 spot open for a Rookie to win a job in Spring Training - the only roster spot open to win going into ST   (2 lefties in the pen)   *  Free Agent Targets for the Bench:   Gerald Laird, Alex Gonzalez, and Coco Crisp     New Bench :     Laird (R) – Catcher Alex Gonzalez (R) – SS/IF and Pinch Runner Coco Crisp  (S) OF/CF and Pinch Runner Lavarnway (R) - Catcher and DH and PH (First guy to get called up Jose Iglessias)   (4-man bench)   Payroll Budget :  The Payroll would be at the same $170 mark as 2011 if they do Plan A from above and NOT including paying some of Crawford’s salary or Lackey’s or Dice K’s….It goes to about 195 million with those contracts…..But I think the Sox could afford that payroll for a couple of years if the Cubs give us proper compensation to cover the luxury tax….IE Sox revenue will cover it the question is do the owners want to pay the luxury tax and the Cubs will cover that for them  (or course, if they don't do Plan A, then payroll would be less) Long Term :  But long term, focus on the farm.....as i said, build the farm and with your money, KEEP (ie PAY) to keep your own instead of OVERPAYING to steal someone else's  
    Posted by andrewmitch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

1.  Vernon Wells is a step down from the wrost Carl Crawford can do.  Why do you think Wells is suddently going to be magic?  Saving all the money after you already took luxury tax payments for the GM makes you look like a greedy owner who cares more about yuor cash than winning.  SCROOGE!!! Your trades are weak.  Even our garbage is unlikely to net a pitcher as crappy as Sanchez.  Aim low and don't pay enough? Bell might cost as much as Papelbon.  I wouldn't assume he will be cheaper.  In fat, he might wait for Papelbon to sign just to set the bar...
    Posted by notin

Is that a fat?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

In Response to Re: My Plan to Fix the 2012 Sox : Smells like abusive ad hominem.
    Posted by devildavid

He's characterizing your position as deluded and naive.  I don't think you can claim that the very inclusion of these tertiary, colorful comments means his entire response is an ad hominem critique.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

In Response to Re: My Plan to Fix the 2012 Sox : I'm curious, what does natural 2nd spot mean? Is the strike zone smaller when you bat 2nd? No matter where he bats, the pitcher still throws from 60 feet 6 inches and the bases are 90 feet apart and homeplate is in the same place. He is not selective enough to ever bat 2nd.
    Posted by BOSOX1941

Good riddance to the manager who won two World Series Championships after an 86 year drought?  I mean, really?  Asinine.

Sections
Shortcuts