My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week.

The Sox now sit 1.5 games back with plenty of time to finish strong and reclaim the division crown.  The entire lineup has been slumping with the exception of Pedroia, Salty and Crawford.  The pitching doesn't concern me because I believe that Bedard is now pulling away as the #3 starter heading into the playoffs.

The Yankees have played very good baseball of late.  Jeter returning to the Jeter we've seen in years past.  Nick Swisher having an All Star calliber 2nd half, Granderson continuing to build on his MVP season.  Still, after Sabathia, the Yankees rotation has very very serious question marks.

Should be an interesting last 3 weeks of the season. 

I know the forum has deeply missed my contributions over the past week but I'd like everyone to know that yes, I have returned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week.

Oh, and I happened to be in the Bronx for the Yankee game today and witnessed Jose Bautista absolutely destroy a ball for a homer.  Must have been a 500 foot bomb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

420, 500

What's the difference?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carpin. Show carpin's posts

I'm glad to hear you're ok

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week.:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I happened to be in the Bronx for the Yankee game today and witnessed Jose Bautista absolutely destroy a ball for a homer.  Must have been a 500 foot bomb.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I heard that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You're a positive poster. We need positive posters here. And the Yankee fans get annoyed with you, which means you're not always, in their eyes, objective. Another bonus. Stick around. Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

SPC, glad things are returning to normal.  And, just in time for, yes indeed, an interesting last few weeks.  I actually feel good about the situation, despite the sudden change of cat bird seat status that has many running for the shelter of mothers little helper.  I like our top three starters.  I like our 4-5 best bullpen arms.  And, of course, assuming health, I love our line-up.  We shall see how things shake out.  Hope everyone up yourway gets sorted out.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

Great post, thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

SPC- wish you had dropped a line here that you were coming into the city. Would have bought you a beer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, and I happened to be in the Bronx for the Yankee game today and witnessed Jose Bautista absolutely destroy a ball for a homer.  Must have been a 500 foot bomb.

that was quite a shot

speaking of shots

ESPN researchers said Napoli's ball traveled an estimated 446 feet, which almost seems conservative. Kinsler's ball was estimated at 424 feet.

The five longest home runs at Fenway Park this season, according to ESPN Stats and Information:

1. 450 feet, Robinson Cano, Yankees, April 9 (off Alfredo Aceves)

2. 449 feet, Jacoby Ellsbury, Red Sox, July 22 (off Felix Hernandez)

3. 446 feet, Mike Napoli, Rangers, Sept. 4 (off Michael Bowden)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week.:
    [QUOTE]The Sox now sit 1.5 games back with plenty of time to finish strong and reclaim the division crown.  The entire lineup has been slumping with the exception of Pedroia, Salty and Crawford.  The pitching doesn't concern me because I believe that Bedard is now pulling away as the #3 starter heading into the playoffs. The Yankees have played very good baseball of late.  Jeter returning to the Jeter we've seen in years past.  Nick Swisher having an All Star calliber 2nd half, Granderson continuing to build on his MVP season.  Still, after Sabathia, the Yankees rotation has very very serious question marks. Should be an interesting last 3 weeks of the season.  I know the forum has deeply missed my contributions over the past week but I'd like everyone to know that yes, I have returned.

SPC,

Good to see you back and posting. This group needs more folks with common sense. As for my prognosis for the rest of the season, I'm sure the Sox hitting will return but I wish I felt that way about the pitching. I see a staff with way too many problems, a starting five cut down with injuries now filled by cast aways from other teams. Once past our number one and number two starters Lackey can give us innings, but if we don't score 6-7 runs it's pretty tough, plus Miller and Bedard don't do much for my confidence. The bullpen with Bard, Acevez, Pap can be good for thhe playoffs, but during the season the rest of the surrounding cast has been spotty.

Hetchinspete. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Bedard has pitched well so far which has surprised me. Many Sox pessimists forget to congratulate Theo for making that move. Aceves too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from *-*TheBabe*-*. Show *-*TheBabe*-*'s posts

[QUOTE]Oh fanboy.....I figured your power was out.  Welcome back.

Posted by mikeyintheboogiedown[/QUOTE]

Told you that you gave him a convenient excuse. You know mongo wouldn't have thought of it on his own.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

In Response to My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week.:
    [QUOTE]The Sox now sit 1.5 games back with plenty of time to finish strong and reclaim the division crown.  The entire lineup has been slumping with the exception of Pedroia, Salty and Crawford.  The pitching doesn't concern me because I believe that Bedard is now pulling away as the #3 starter heading into the playoffs. The Yankees have played very good baseball of late.  Jeter returning to the Jeter we've seen in years past.  Nick Swisher having an All Star calliber 2nd half, Granderson continuing to build on his MVP season.  Still, after Sabathia, the Yankees rotation has very very serious question marks. Should be an interesting last 3 weeks of the season.  I know the forum has deeply missed my contributions over the past week but I'd like everyone to know that yes, I have returned.

Yeah they have Nova who is 15-4, it must be such a luxury as a Sox fan to have pitchers with better records than 15-4, Oh wait.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Thanks for the welcome back and nice comments everyone.  Much appreciated.

Jessey- Thanks for the beer offer.  I may have thrown in some gambling tips too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week. : Yeah they have Nova who is 15-4, it must be such a luxury as a Sox fan to have pitchers with better records than 15-4, Oh wait.

No but going by ERA which is a better indicator, I like Lester and Bedard over Nova.  That's not saying that Nova hasn't emerged as a very good young pitcher.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week. : No but going by ERA which is a better indicator, I like Lester and Bedard over Nova.  That's not saying that Nova hasn't emerged as a very good young pitcher.

Well I know you do fanboy.....there was no doubt you would feel this way.  You're right wins don't matter, I like the way Nova is trending because his ERA which keeps falling is still elevated from the start of the year.  I'll take a guy with a higher ERA that wins games for his team but thats just me. 

Bedard ha

Maybe I'm wrong though because I remember mid-season you began a thread saying Jon Lester was one of the top pitchers if not the best pitcher in the AL, he is poised to win the Cy Young again this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week. : Well I know you do fanboy.....there was no doubt you would feel this way.  You're right wins don't matter, I like the way Nova is trending because his ERA which keeps falling is still elevated from the start of the year.  I'll take a guy with a higher ERA that wins games for his team but thats just me.  Bedard ha Maybe I'm wrong though because I remember mid-season you began a thread saying Jon Lester was one of the top pitchers if not the best pitcher in the AL, he is poised to win the Cy Young again this year.

A pitcher has no control over wins.  They still need the run support.  You are wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week. : A pitcher has no control over wins.  They still need the run support.  You are wrong.
    Like I said....Nova's ERA is a little elevated from the start of the season I'll take his wins.....but again You did say Jon Lester might be the best pitcher in the entire AL league so who knows?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

That's fine but I complimented and was critical of both teams during the thread.  Your's and Babe's whole fanboy argument is getting pretty weak.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]That's fine but I complimented and was critical of both teams during the thread.  Your's and Babe's whole fanboy argument is getting pretty weak.

My bad fanboy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week. : My bad fanboy.

Good one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week. : Good one.

It is what it is

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Allow me to belatedl welcome you back and express my happiness that you are alright.

I am not as sure that the NYucks have a problem with a pitching rotation, but a question of whether AJ stays through the playoffs or others (the two reclaims) do.  Nova is in.  Hughes, another ? but can pitch well at times.

With three 100 RBI guys ... pitching is not really much of a concern.

I think Texas has thrown down the gauntlet.  Fresh, capable, young pitchers and offensive power to boot.

It will be very interesting. 

Bedard brings a leverl of relief.  Hoping Clay can make it back by playoffs is almost too much to hope for - but one will.

Again, glad you are safe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My power is finally back: Thoughts from the past week. : Good one.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE] SPC,you must have gotten hit pretty hard, where are you?...if you don't mind me asking...

Sections
Shortcuts