My Red Sox wishlist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

My Red Sox wishlist

Trade Clay Buchholz and one of Brandon Workman/Allen Webster/Anthony Ranaudo/Matt Barnes to the Twins for Miguel Sano and 2-3 B-C level prospects. A deal similar to what the Royals and Rays made last offseason involving Shields and Myers. Stick Sano in either LF or RF and call it a day, you have just acquired your clean-up hitter for the next 15 years.

Trade Ryan Dempster to the Rangers for Luis Sardinas and Nick Williams. 

Trade Jackie Bradley Jr., Deven Marrero, Christian Vazquez or Blake Swihart, Mookie Betts, and two of Brandon Workman/Allen Webster/Anthony Ranaudo/Matt Barnes (which ever you did not trade to the Twins) to the Rays for David Price.

Sign Shin-Soo Choo or Carlos Beltran to a contract not exceeding 3-4yrs. If need be offer a higher AAV.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: My Red Sox wishlist

that is a wish...........Price??? not happening

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

that is a wish...........Price??? not happening

[/QUOTE]

I'd overpay in terms of prospects for Price before I did Stanton. I really like Stanton but if you could add Price and keep Lester, Peavy, and Lackey, the rotation would be almost unstoppable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Im not dealing my pitching prospects nor would I sign Beltran

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Rays won't give us Price.......he will go to the Mariners or somewhere he can't harm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Price is Lester. In 2015 he becomes a FA. I don't trade any of the top tier pitchers for Price. He's going to want a large chunk of change this year in Arbitration, then comes the FA money ,no thanks...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why not? You still get to keep at least one of the 4 I mentioned and Ball and Owens were not even discussed. As far as Beltran I like him as a B/U plan to Choo. Choo would be my first choice but he might price himself out of our budget.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Bostonman1025's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why not? You still get to keep at least one of the 4 I mentioned and Ball and Owens were not even discussed. As far as Beltran I like him as a B/U plan to Choo. Choo would be my first choice but he might price himself out of our budget.

[/QUOTE]

All 4 of those guys are part of future plans and Workman for next year.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like this dialogue. Not being sarcastic either. However, if you move 3/4 you still have a rotation next year of:

Lester

Price

Doubront

Peavy

Lackey

Then in the minors:

Owens, Britton, Ball and then there are other lower ranked guys.

All I am saying is that Moving 3 out of the 4 is not going to kill the farm because the farm is very strong. You might be able to get away with only having to move 2 out of the 4 but still I think the farm if moving 3 is not getting that depleted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Please don't trade Workman, he showed a lot this season, in the clutch too !!!

[/QUOTE]

He is good but if it came down to him being the deciding piece in a deal to get Price. I think Ben should consider making that move.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I really, really doubt thr Twins deal six years of Sano for 2 years (at $19.7mill) of Buchholz and a lesser prospect/player.  Especially not with Buchholz' recent health concerns.

And why is 15 years always the amount of time every prospect locks up a position for?  How many players stay with the same team for 15 years?  How many are worth keeping for 15 years?

In all of MLB right now, only one player has played 15 years with the same team.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really, really doubt thr Twins deal six years of Sano for 2 years (at $19.7mill) of Buchholz and a lesser prospect/player.  Especially not with Buchholz' recent health concerns.

And why is 15 years always the amount of time every prospect locks up a position for?  How many players stay with the same team for 15 years?  How many are worth keeping for 15 years?

[/QUOTE]

You forgot the 2 club options that the Twins would be able to control, so 4 years and roughly 46M for a top of the rotation stuff SP.

I thought 15 years because if the projections are right then there is no way the Red Sox ever let him test the open market.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Would you take on Workman and Buchholz for Xander Bogaerts????? because those guys were about neck and neck in every prospect ranking, they have the same status.

If the table were reversed we would be really upset with that trade. 

Creativity points for going after Sano though....I would absolutely LOVE that bat in our lineup.  I think Bogaerts will be a better overall hitter but Sanos Raw power is ELITE!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would you take on Workman and Buchholz for Xander Bogaerts????? because those guys were about neck and neck in every prospect ranking, they have the same status.

Creativity points for going after Sano though....I would absolutely LOVE that bat in our lineup.  I think Bogaerts will be a better overall hitter but Sanos Raw power is ELITE!!!

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong I would make that trade in a heart beat.....I'm just assuming the Twins would laugh and hang up the phone. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong I would make that trade in a heart beat.....I'm just assuming the Twins would laugh and hang up the phone. 

[/QUOTE]

According to ESPN, under the twins Depth Chart this is their Rotation:

Your going to have to add Hughes, their minors is not that impressive either. I mean they have some good arms but not many and I read in a few places that they were looking for arms. Maybe now that they signed 2 they won't need anymore but I took a shot.

As far as the Bogaerts comparison, I did not think of that but it makes for a good argument. As stated above though I was strictly thinking of the Royals and Rays deal with Myers and then the Twins need.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

Trade Clay Buchholz and one of Brandon Workman/Allen Webster/Anthony Ranaudo/Matt Barnes to the Twins for Miguel Sano and 2-3 B-C level prospects. A deal similar to what the Royals and Rays made last offseason involving Shields and Myers. Stick Sano in either LF or RF and call it a day, you have just acquired your clean-up hitter for the next 15 years.

Trade Jackie Bradley Jr., Deven Marrero, Christian Vazquez or Blake Swihart, Mookie Betts, and two of Brandon Workman/Allen Webster/Anthony Ranaudo/Matt Barnes (which ever you did not trade to the Twins) to the Rays for David Price.

Sign Shin-Soo Choo or Carlos Beltran to a contract not exceeding 3-4yrs. If need be offer a higher AAV.

[/QUOTE]

Not that I think any of this will happen (particularly Buchholz for Sano and the Price trade), but props to the OP for some imagination in his proposals. It beats 35 different "Hey guys, why don't we trade for Stanton?" threads.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mine is simple flap and I like your Beltran statement, the Yankees made another good move.

#1 Sign M. Young if the price is right.  He will at the very least hit better and play pretty good defense backing up multiple positions and would be a great team guy.

#2 Sign Drew, his defense was great and we can only hope he hits better as he has in the past.

#3 Start Bogy at 3B

#4 Package Middy for a real centerpiece.  A guy capable of a high OBP/BA and power like Manny was and only Papi is now.

Call it complete and see what happens from there!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mine is simple flap and I like your Beltran statement, the Yankees made another good move.

#1 Sign M. Young if the price is right.  He will at the very least hit better and play pretty good defense backing up multiple positions and would be a great team guy.

#2 Sign Drew, his defense was great and we can only hope he hits better as he has in the past.

#3 Start Bogy at 3B

#4 Package Middy for a real centerpiece.  A guy capable of a high OBP/BA and power like Manny was and only Papi is now.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with points 3 and 4 in their entirety. I also agree that we need a defensive ss. So why not use Brentz to get Rollins from the Phillies. They need OF/RHB and Rollins is still a very good to great defensive ss. If they gave Drew the QO at 14+ for one year why not Rollins at 1 yr for 11 or if the option vest 2 yrs at 22. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not that I think any of this will happen (particularly Buchholz for Sano and the Price trade), but props to the OP for some imagination in his proposals. It beats 35 different "Hey guys, why don't we trade for Stanton?" threads.

[/QUOTE]

I was not very creative, I took an early article on bleacherreport that highlighted the Twins needing pitching and possibly using Buxton or Sano to aquire it. I then thought of the Rays-Royals deal a year ago and tried to frame it around that. I know this is a hypothetical situation and will in all likelihood not happen but it was a good way for me to express an idea and recieve some good feedback.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

#3 Start Bogy at 3B

[/QUOTE]

I agree with points 3 and 4 in their entirety. I also agree that we need a defensive ss. So why not use Brentz to get Rollins from the Phillies. They need OF/RHB and Rollins is still a very good to great defensive ss. If they gave Drew the QO at 14+ for one year why not Rollins at 1 yr for 11 or if the option vest 2 yrs at 22. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure the Phils really need an OF or would want Brentz but Rollins would be nice.  If Ben really believes in his young players our best bet may be to trade Lav, Middy, Dempster and either Lackey or Peavy.  Our SP may not be as deep for a year or two but it might allow us an opportunity to find that cornerstone type player for the middle of our lineup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Trade Dempster

Sign Drew

Sign Rajai Davis

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade Dempster

Sign Drew

Sign Rajai Davis

[/QUOTE] At least this is a likely scenario.

Sections
Shortcuts