my take on papi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

my take on papi

papi has given the sox  years.but i really dont think he will be any factor this

year.he will get hurt before we know it and his age is against him.

i just dont see him even playing half the year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: my take on papi

In response to soxyjim's comment:

papi has given the sox  years.but i really dont think he will be any factor this

nOW THEN, Be prepared to be attacked by all the soooo smart T-BALLERS on this board........  This is a clear example of when your/my eyes do not know what they are seeing !!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I think it is great to have an opinion.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Ortiz is behind in terms of missing spring games, but not by as much as you might think. Today is March 5, which means in most years, the Sox would be playing in just their fifth or sixth spring game. Because of the WBC, games started earlier this year and they've already played 11 and they still have games through the end of March.

So there's plenty of time for him to start getting at-bats.

Right now, too many fans are having knee-jerk reactions to every little bit of news. The Sox are taking a patient approach to him because he is so valuable, so fans should simply take a deep breath, relax and wait to see where he is at come opening day.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to soxyjim's comment:

nOW THEN, Be prepared to be attacked by all the soooo smart T-BALLERS on this board........  This is a clear example of when your/my eyes do not know what they are seeing !!!

Thanks for starting a new topic on this to share your 'take'.  I agree that he is getting up there in years but I think he will be more of a factor than some think.  Even just having him in the lineup changes things for opposing pitchers..even if he may not be 100%.  Let's also not forget people...HE HAS been taking batting practice regularly.  It's not like he is just running every other day for a few minutes and that's it.  I think the whole 'timing thing' has been a bit over blown.  Now do it hink the Sox should have paid him less?  Yes.  Should thay have only done one year with an option?  Yes.  Should his contract been incentive laden?  Yes.  But it's NOT....we can complain all we want about that..but it's not going to change anything.

BTW....Bill....have you EVER written anything constructive in your 13,000 posts?  I would send you to the ignore list that you love so much.....but then I would be missing my comedic relief....

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

Ortiz is behind in terms of missing spring games, but not by as much as you might think. Today is March 5, which means in most years, the Sox would be playing in just their fifth or sixth spring game. Because of the WBC, games started earlier this year and they've already played 11 and they still have games through the end of March.

So there's plenty of time for him to start getting at-bats.

Right now, too many fans are having knee-jerk reactions to every little bit of news. The Sox are taking a patient approach to him because he is so valuable, so fans should simply take a deep breath, relax and wait to see where he is at come opening day.

You could be right but from what I remember, Ortiz has never been one to jump back in the order and quickly produce after sitting out for a spell.  This is why Terry kept david in during all those long slumps.

He needs a complete spring training to get a fast jump on the regular season.

I have no idea if Ortiz will be ready to go or not.  But, Francona pencilling in Papi through prolonged slumps has nothing in the slightest bit to do with how many at-bats he might need to come back after a prolonged absence.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.