My top 10 posters!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

My top 10 posters!

If I had to list 10 posters on this board who are most consistent it would be the following.  This could mean any or all combinations of being fair, civil, honest, accurate, respectful, bringing interesting topics or thoughts to the table, or normally having facts to back up a debate. 

#1 Hfx

#2 Spaceman

#3 Bean

#4 Ampoule

#5 Southpaw

#6 Moon, only if softlaw stays away :)

#7 Jete

#8 ctredsoxfanhugh

#9 pinstripezac

#10 roy

I'm sure there are also many more who could fit into the (top 10 billing) but probably just don't post enough for me to remember as much so to those I apologize.  Others have similar traites but tend to jump all over posts at times before thinking things through.  Or, simply have a hard time seeing both sides of a discussion more than others. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: My top 10 posters!

thanks Craze, but i'm afraid you've just violated Zac's pet peeve, placing him and i on the same list Tongue OutWink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

If I had to list 10 posters on this board who are most consistent it would be the following.  This could mean any or all combinations of being fair, civil, honest, accurate, respectful, bringing interesting topics or thoughts to the table, or normally having facts to back up a debate. 

#1 Hfx

#2 Spaceman

#3 Bean

#4 Ampoule

#5 Southpaw

#6 Moon

#7 Jete

#8 ctredsoxfanhugh

#9 pinstripezac

#10 roy

I'm sure there are also many more who could fit into the (top 10 billing) but probably just don't post enough for me to remember as much so to those I apologize.  Others have similar traites but tend to jump all over posts at times, or simply have a hard time seeing both sides of a discussion more than others. 

Oops, there goes my New Year.  I was hoping to at least make Honorable Mention. Smiley

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

#1 Hfx

#2 Spaceman

#3 Bean

#4 Ampoule

#5 Southpaw

#6 Moon

#7 Jete

#8 ctredsoxfanhugh

#9 pinstripezac

#10 roy

I'm sure there are also many more who could fit into the (top 10 billing) but probably just don't post enough for me to remember as much so to those I apologize.  Others have similar traites but tend to jump all over posts at times, or simply have a hard time seeing both sides of a discussion more than others. 

Oops, there goes my New Year.  I was hoping to at least make Honorable Mention. Smiley

LOL, You could easiliy be there Dust sorry, told you I probably forgot a few.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

thanks Craze, but i'm afraid you've just violated Zac's pet peeve, placing him and i on the same list Tongue OutWink

I'm sure zac will overlook it this time if I promise not to let it happen again :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

notin belongs in any top 5.

I'd go something like...

1) Bean

2) Hfx

3) Notin

4) Southpaw

5) Joebreidy/ Space

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I'd go something like...

1) Bean

2) Hfx

3) Notin

4) Southpaw

5) Space

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I'd go something like...

1) Bean

2) Hfx

3) Notin

4) Southpaw

5) Joebreidy/ Space

Being respectful most of the time while trying to get a point across is a must in my top 10. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

#1 Hfx

#2 Spaceman

#3 Bean

#4 Ampoule

#5 Southpaw

#7 Jete

#8 ctredsoxfanhugh

#9 pinstripezac

#10 roy

I'm sure there are also many more who could fit into the (top 10 billing) but probably just don't post enough for me to remember as much so to those I apologize.  Others have similar traites but tend to jump all over posts at times before thinking things through.  Or, simply have a hard time seeing both sides of a discussion more than others. 

Thanks for the mention.

Just looking at this list shows why it's hard to narrow down the list. Any list of top posters should also include yourself, notin, joebreidy, jim from florida and dustcover (off the top of my head). And I know I'm missing some too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

The HONESTY factor would very tough to quantify. Most of us wanted Lackey to return to the pitcher that he once was and most of us hoped that he would but none of us knew that for sure. Therefore the most honest poster would be one who said " I don't know, I can't make a reasonable projection.  The same would apply to Lester in that an honest person would say " I know that he had an off year in 2012 and hope that he rebounds". An honest person would admit that he has no crystal ball on how many games the Red Sox would win last year.

ACCURACY would depend on how well read you are, your reading comprehension, how much you study the stats and where to go for them, and what stats are relevant. You would also need to filter out news that is biased or slanted by columnists that have a license to be opinionated instead of be accurate. Hint - don't listen to Felger and Mazz and talk radio, believe every blog.

Good point, in this case my definition of honesty is saying whats on your mind without any intension of being disrespectful if your remark happens to be negative.  In other words stating Lackey was horrible but also giving praise to his comeback efforts.

As far as accuracy?  Nobody on this board is ever consistently accurate with predictions but some are a bit better than others.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd go something like...

1) Bean

2) Hfx

3) Notin

4) Southpaw

5) Joebreidy/ Space

Being respectful most of the time while trying to get a point across is a must in my top 10. 

Has notin been disrespectful?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I'd go something like...

1) Bean

2) Hfx

3) Notin

4) Southpaw

5) Joebreidy/ Space

Has notin been disrespectful?

Lets just say notin can be a bit more harsh than others.   Kind of like you and softlaw but a bit more frequent with better posters.  His knowledge for the game goes without question. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

#1 Hfx

#2 Spaceman

#3 Bean

#4 Ampoule

#5 Southpaw

#7 Jete

#8 ctredsoxfanhugh

#9 pinstripezac

#10 roy

Thanks for the mention.

Just looking at this list shows why it's hard to narrow down the list. Any list of top posters should also include yourself, notin, joebreidy, jim from florida and dustcover (off the top of my head). And I know I'm missing some too.

like sinceyaz.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

I like Notin's posts as well. Pretty funny while being intellectually accurate. Most posters here have very good points to mention, and then there are those that quote current articles, which I find very helpful.

Craze, I agree that I could do without the name-calling arguments. So yes, my list of posters would be respectful as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

#1 Hfx

#2 Spaceman

#3 Bean

#4 Ampoule

#5 Southpaw

#7 Jete

#8 ctredsoxfanhugh

#9 pinstripezac

#10 roy

Thanks for the mention.

like sinceyaz.

Thanks roy and I agree there are many who are well deserving which is why one could never really choose a poster of the year.  There are a lot of great posters here who make up our board, or at the very least keep it fun for us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:

I like Notin's posts as well. Pretty funny while being intellectually accurate. Most posters here have very good points to mention, and then there are those that quote current articles, which I find very helpful.

Craze, I agree that I could do without the name-calling arguments. So yes, my list of posters would be respectful as well.

Thats puts you right up there at the top pal!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Thanks, craze.  You have made my day.  I would go outside and skip through the snow, but it's about two feet high right now, and I'm not even joking. Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

#1 Hfx

#2 Spaceman

#3 Bean

#4 Ampoule

#5 Southpaw

#7 Jete

#8 ctredsoxfanhugh

#9 pinstripezac

#10 roy

Could these be the guys with NO ! life... just saying?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Thanks, craze.  You have made my day.  I would go outside and skip through the snow, but it's about two feet high right now, and I'm not even joking. Laughing

I hear you Hf, we were supposed to get a foot in CT. but ended up pretty lucky.  Only six inches or so here and even that much keeps me inside.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

it was -15 today in CNY. not much snow though.

as far as my top posters go i usually like the ones who have the ability to be more objective than most and can back up their statements with fact and stats. i don't mind someone who is harsh or blunt to other posters as long as the information they post is of good quality.

in no particular order:

Southpaw

Moon

Notin

hugh

roy

spaceman

Hugh

jid

jete

hill

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

it was -15 today in CNY. not much snow though.

as far as my top posters go i usually like the ones who have the ability to be more objective than most and can back up their statements with fact and stats. i don't mind someone who is harsh or blunt to other posters as long as the information they post is of good quality.

in no particular order:

Southpaw

Moon

Notin

hugh

roy

spaceman

Hugh

jid

jete

hill

Fair enough, I just don't see the need for any kind of disrespect towards a fellow fan from any team regardless whether you agree or disagree with their opinion.  If you don't agree and can't have a friendly debate, or a discussion points towards getting out of hand I say just walk away.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts