My top 10 posters!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: My top 10 posters!

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea that when responding to multiple comments to copy and paste only the last comment and respond to that?  Or, even only to address a comment to a specific person on a new page?

I think if that was done, it would be less confusing to follow and also would allow more comments per page. 

[/QUOTE]

+50,000 It's sheer laziness by posters that causes these absurd 'snowballing' posts that clutter up threads.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea that when responding to multiple comments to copy and paste only the last comment and respond to that?  Or, even only to address a comment to a specific person on a new page?

I think if that was done, it would be less confusing to follow and also would allow more comments per page. 

[/QUOTE]

+50,000 It's sheer laziness by posters that causes these absurd 'snowballing' posts that clutter up threads.

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it's laziness. Sometimes it's simply habit. I'll hit reply and post w/o thinking about how long the post is I'm replying to. If it hit me and it's a long thread, I'll copy and paste the most recent replies. Sometimes it doesn't hit me on how long the posts are becoming until after I reply.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think thats a very good idea. I did it for a while when the quote got long. Time to start doing it again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it's laziness. Sometimes it's simply habit. I'll hit reply and post w/o thinking about how long the post is I'm replying to. If it hit me and it's a long thread, I'll copy and paste the most recent replies. Sometimes it doesn't hit me on how long the posts are becoming until after I reply.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, habit for me.  Prior to the recent 'upgrades', this could be done automatically.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'd hit reply on most of Jose/Spike posts, but reiterating his view on forums/chatrooms might put people to sleep.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Yeah, habit for me.  Prior to the recent 'upgrades', this could be done automatically.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure IT guy for this board could easily make that an upgrade.  I thought we could highlight the content you were responding to, then just hit reply on the old board but I might be thinking about another forum. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure IT guy for this board could easily make that an upgrade.  I thought we could highlight the content you were responding to, then just hit reply on the old board but I might be thinking about another forum. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am sure they could too since it already was a feature.  I think it was 'Reply to Most Recent Posts' or something like that.  They really botched the latest upgrade.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am sure they could too since it already was a feature.  I think it was 'Reply to Most Recent Posts' or something like that.  They really botched the latest upgrade.  

[/QUOTE]

And what they haven't botched, they've ignored.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Spacemen,

Good point. We did not have this monster posts before the recent upgrades.

If BDC would reset the software so we could return to before than we would not have to deal with them anymore.

If not, again, I think it is a great idea proposed by ampoule.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the problem inherent in having to do it manually is a formatting one.  Its not just cutting and pasting the particular post one is responding to:  one must also delineate with bold/itals/a line between that post and the one being written.  Many times, posters do go through the trouble of cutting and pasting, but without delineation, it is difficult to tell where a post ends and another begins.  And, withoutprotocol as to how to delineate, it is sometimes difficult to pick up on one technique vs. another.  So, yes, i agree we should all be doing this, but it is really annoying. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Spacemen,

If BDC would reset the software so we could return to before than we would not have to deal with them anymore.

[/QUOTE]

and yet here we are continuing to reply to posts without editing them down.  we suk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Spacemen,

[/QUOTE]

and yet here we are continuing to reply to posts without editing them down.  we suk.

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Good points by everyone.  I agree, it is a hassle to make it easier.  I wish there was a more efficient way.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:

Highlight the post that you want to respond to by left clicking and dragging your mouse, then right click and choose COPY. Go to the blank comment box, right click and choose PASTE. This takes 20 seconds.

Then skip a line and draft your response. 

much better to CUT out the parts U R not responding to

this way it still says who U R quoting

this takes 19 seconds

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Hey zac, no disrespect intended if the little guy is a family member but I love his Don Zimmer look.  Don't worry, even if he is a family member the kid will grow out of it :)

Friendly ridicule or too much?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

What do you call your top ten posters, on the bottom of the ocean?

A. Sponge-Bill squarepants.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

What do you call your top ten posters, on the bottom of the ocean?

A. Sponge-Bill squarepants.

I would have guessed your lost Sports Illustrated swim suit poster edition Youk.  Your wife probably wrapped them around a big rock.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Hey zac, no disrespect intended if the little guy is a family member but I love his Don Zimmer look.  Don't worry, even if he is a family member the kid will grow out of it :)

LOL craze

not a family member

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to neely66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL craze

not a family member

[/QUOTE]

He does have a don Zimmer look good one.  For even a better impersonation let him chew some tobacco and take a pic while hes spitting

[/QUOTE]

I think we could make money off this kid :)

25. This post has been removed.