My Youth Team is named Yankees... HELP!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthCarolinaBosoxFan. Show SouthCarolinaBosoxFan's posts

My Youth Team is named Yankees... HELP!

This is about as bad as it gets ... I coach a short-season youth YMCA team in South Carolina.  We play once a week starting next Saturday.  I was informed today my team is the Yankees.  At the very least, we'll have to wear interlocking NY caps.

I'm trying to see now if there's a Red Sox team in the league and if not, if I can change the name.  I'm seriously thinking of a 10-12 year old car wash to raise funds for caps/uniforms. 

Wonder where I can pass the word around in New England to help a long-time Sox fan in the South keep from having to don anything with an NY ...

HELP!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: My Youth Team is named Yankees... HELP!

In Response to My Youth Team is named Yankees... HELP!:
    [QUOTE]This is about as bad as it gets ... I coach a short-season youth YMCA team in South Carolina.  We play once a week starting next Saturday.  I was informed today my team is the Yankees.  At the very least, we'll have to wear interlocking NY caps. I'm trying to see now if there's a Red Sox team in the league and if not, if I can change the name.  I'm seriously thinking of a 10-12 year old car wash to raise funds for caps/uniforms.  Wonder where I can pass the word around in New England to help a long-time Sox fan in the South keep from having to don anything with an NY ... HELP!
    Posted by SouthCarolinaBosoxFan[/QUOTE]in case you forgot..you're doing it for the kids...it's just a name... lighten up a little,don't get so carried away..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

He is thinking about the kids !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: My Youth Team is named Yankees... HELP!:
    [QUOTE]He is thinking about the kids !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]LOL...hey Al, been awhile, what's doin?..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

My grandson, an avid Yankee fan,  called me laughing because his little league team is the Red Sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I've been sick to my stomach much of the season ( Go Figure ), thanks for asking!! I couldn't even talk to my Dad ( Major Yankee Fan ) until just recently. LOL ...  I don't get on the board as much as I used to because I have learned that no matter how much I disagree with Theo and about 2 other, in "Real Life" Sox fans, about Francona being the manager, it is falling on deaf Ears. I'm just happy the Yanks and Rays have decided to take the time off as well. Glad to see you're still being your calming natured self and thanks for taking the time to say Hi. Hope all goes well for you this season because it won't really be a great year for the Sox unless we're Spanking you guys this Fall !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]My grandson, an avid Yankee fan,  called me laughing because his little league team is the Red Sox.
    Posted by lscheue[/QUOTE]

Laughing with Joy I imagine !! There is hope for the Kid because I too started out as a Yankee fan !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]My grandson, an avid Yankee fan,  called me laughing because his little league team is the Red Sox.
    Posted by lscheue[/QUOTE]

Wait one Minute here... Is your Grandson's name Dustin Pedroia by any chance ??

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

While the little tykes are out there booting the ball around, just let out the Fenway Call:  Yan-Kees Suck,  Yan-Kees Suck.

Then when you get home, and the wife gives you the cold shoulder, you just look at her in disbelief, and say, what? what?  the Yankess DO suck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

My Little League team (or Babe Ruth -- I forget what organization it was) growing up every year was the Yankees. We lost to the Giants for the title in my first year. The Red Sox team was the worst team in the league that year. We won a league title a couple of years later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

Wear your Sox gear underneath, and when each game is over use a deliberate and pronounced way to delouse yourself of the Yankees uni.  I had to suffer through being a Yankee in little league, Babe Ruth ball, and Pony League.  I was also a fat kid, so the pinstripes were double an insult.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I have a 10-year-old and 7-year-old who are playing LL ... it's only a matter of time.

(This year, it's the completely harmless Astros and Marlins!).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to My Youth Team is named Yankees... HELP! :  You are a selfish, dispicable man....you shouldn't be coaching kids....
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]
    you need to chill the F out and not judge the guy when hes half joking on a baseball forum.

you are an over reacting, dispicable man........ you shouldn't be allowed on the internet

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

If everyone is joking then why say anything at all to each other?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to My Youth Team is named Yankees... HELP!:
    [QUOTE]This is about as bad as it gets ... I coach a short-season youth YMCA team in South Carolina.  We play once a week starting next Saturday.  I was informed today my team is the Yankees.  At the very least, we'll have to wear interlocking NY caps. I'm trying to see now if there's a Red Sox team in the league and if not, if I can change the name.  I'm seriously thinking of a 10-12 year old car wash to raise funds for caps/uniforms.  Wonder where I can pass the word around in New England to help a long-time Sox fan in the South keep from having to don anything with an NY ... HELP!
    Posted by SouthCarolinaBosoxFan[/QUOTE]win the championship..you'll feel alot better...Wink 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I would think the Yankee name would be a problem simply because you're in South Carolina.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

way way back when I helped a buddy coach a little league team. and we were the yankees. we solved the incredibly stupid animosity from the "adult parents" by simply purchasing caps that had a simple Y on it instead of the NY insignia. to further douse the flames of "hate" when the game was over, our kids all had red sox t shirts on under their yankee game shirts and this somewhat did the trick. We coaches actually got the biggest laugh at how serious the parents were about 10-12 year old little league baseball. our team had the least problems with the parents because no matter what the score, we made sure that everybody played and everybody got a chance at bat. we wanted to get the point accross to these youngsters that this was a game and it was supposed to be fun to play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i understand we're having a bit of fun with this, but in life you hear too many stories about how some parents act at their kid's sporting events..fighting other parents, cursing at/attacking umps, refs and such, now in no way am i suggesting that SCBSF is one of those, just saying some people take that kind of thinking a bit too far, parents should strive to not lose sight of why they are there...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Last time I checked little league is played by kids...not 40 year old men.   I know some here are saying the poster is kidding or half serious but I've known some people who have seriously had a problem with coaching or have their kid play for a team.  If you ask me that is a horrible lesson to teach your kid, not only shouldn't it matter for the obvious reasons but children should also have the right to grow up and choose who they root for (as if little league determines that, I played for the giants and the white sox).

Sometimes we forget, this is a GAME, a sport.....it's not world war III, it's not Al Qaeda vs. the U.S.  It's Baseball. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

It's a game.    kids have to realize that sometimes you have to do things and wear things you don't like.  If any of them made it to the big leagues and were drafted by the Yankees, would they really say "no thanks, i'm a RS fan?"
    Kids these days need to learn to suck it up. 

However - You can contact the lowell spinners, they are a minor league affiliate of the RS.  They offered to pay for new uniforms for any LL team in MA that were the Yankees to be the Spinners.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

It's  just a game. Seriously. Not to mention it is about the kids and not you... roll with it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

We haven't heard back from the OP, but I really think he was kidding. At least I hope he was, because I was when I replied.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Hey Southcarolina:

Set up a PayPal account and I'll send you $20.

No way in hell I'm going to let you or those poor kids suffer a fate as cruel as that.  Heck, post the PayPal account to this board and I bet you get at least a $5 spot from 10-15 posters.

I'm serious, set up the PP account and I'll send you $20 ASAP.