Name the outside Starting Pitching targets you are going to budget for trade or FA market value to make sure you acquire him or them?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

I am not going to budget trade or FA market value for any outside starting pitchers that have a 2 year high market base value. I am going to budget 8 million to make sure I acquire 2 outside starting pitchers to MLB and/or minor league contracts. I will acquire 2 from the following list of FA:

Jeremy Guthrie  (offer MLB contract two years and up to base 5)

Jeff Francis  (Offer MLB contract one year and base 1M and option year 2 @ base) 

Rich Harden (Offer minor league contract 1M guaranteed or player can opt out and become a FA is not added to MLB roster at least one week before the deadling for turning in the opening day roster)

Eric Bedard (Offer minor league contract 1M guaranteed or player can opt out and become a FA is not added to MLB roster at least one week before the deadling for turning in the opening day roster)

2013 projected opening day rotation:

Lester

Buch

Doubrant

Lackey

Tazawa (1st half)

or Season injury/bum replacement depth:

3 from Morales or Guthrie or Francis or Bedard or Harden and farm De La Rosa or Webster

Now, I've studied the market and there are no 1st rate starting pitcher FA or trade values, and all the 2nd rate high base FA or trade market pitchers are terrible value probabibilities.

However, it's very important they you provide the specifics on the starting pitchers you are going to budget for trade or FA market value to make sure you acquire him or them. Cherry is incompetent and will react and blunder, so it's important that you provide the details of what you would do to provide the contrast needed to keep you from looking like a blathering idiot who doesn't do anything but throw out names like "I want Felix or if we can't get him lets get Greinke or insert the name of other high market base FA pitchers".

I'm looking forward to reading your specific plans for Red Sox starting pitching, with all the details.

We have a poster on here who poses as an expert but never provides any decision specfic details. He likes to post a lot of spreadsheet type of useless information that is used to either impress or convce you that Wakefield was a good active roster pitcher value in those last years after he was totally washed up but wanted everyone to see him break records associated with poor quality and a lot of many years of quantity stats. I call him the stooge. He won't provide his details, but will speak in generalities and throw out names like Charlie McCarthey et al. He lobbied to bring Wakefield back for 2012 and Beckett back for 2013 and beyond. Every year, he whines that "we need a #1 pitcher or a good #2" but never provides the specific details on who and how much to pay market to acquire.

Anyway, don't be like the stooge, provide your specifics before the biggest part of the baseball season begins of this fall and winter. It's more important than who the musical chair manager is. 

Sorry Trotter, I played this game with you already and you didn't respond to those who answered your questions there,  so I'm not falling for it again.

Just one thing though...please tell me this is a joke, because if this is the guy you are targeting then you don't deserve response from anyone:

"Jeremy Guthrie  (offer MLB contract two years and up to base 5)"

In addition, haven't you been critical of the GM for playing off the scrap heap...because that is exactly what you are doing with the list of pitchers you threw out here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I am not going to budget trade or FA market value for any outside starting pitchers that have a 2 year high market base value. I am going to budget 8 million to make sure I acquire 2 outside starting pitchers to MLB and/or minor league contracts. I will acquire 2 from the following list of FA:

Jeff Francis  (Offer MLB contract one year and base 1M and option year 2 @ base) 

Rich Harden (Offer minor league contract 1M guaranteed or player can opt out and become a FA is not added to MLB roster at least one week before the deadling for turning in the opening day roster)

Eric Bedard (Offer minor league contract 1M guaranteed or player can opt out and become a FA is not added to MLB roster at least one week before the deadling for turning in the opening day roster)

Lester

Buch

Doubrant

Lackey

Tazawa (1st half)

3 from Morales or Guthrie or Francis or Bedard or Harden and farm De La Rosa or Webster

Now, I've studied the market and there are no 1st rate starting pitcher FA or trade values, and all the 2nd rate high base FA or trade market pitchers are terrible value probabibilities.

However, it's very important they you provide the specifics on the starting pitchers you are going to budget for trade or FA market value to make sure you acquire him or them. Cherry is incompetent and will react and blunder, so it's important that you provide the details of what you would do to provide the contrast needed to keep you from looking like a blathering idiot who doesn't do anything but throw out names like "I want Felix or if we can't get him lets get Greinke or insert the name of other high market base FA pitchers".

I'm looking forward to reading your specific plans for Red Sox starting pitching, with all the details.

We have a poster on here who poses as an expert but never provides any decision specfic details. He likes to post a lot of spreadsheet type of useless information that is used to either impress or convce you that Wakefield was a good active roster pitcher value in those last years after he was totally washed up but wanted everyone to see him break records associated with poor quality and a lot of many years of quantity stats. I call him the stooge. He won't provide his details, but will speak in generalities and throw out names like Charlie McCarthey et al. He lobbied to bring Wakefield back for 2012 and Beckett back for 2013 and beyond. Every year, he whines that "we need a #1 pitcher or a good #2" but never provides the specific details on who and how much to pay market to acquire.

Anyway, don't be like the stooge, provide your specifics before the biggest part of the baseball season begins of this fall and winter. It's more important than who the musical chair manager is. 

Sorry Trotter, I played this game with you already and you didn't respond to those who answered your questions there,  so I'm not falling for it again.

Just one thing though...please tell me this is a joke, because if this is the guy you are targeting then you don't deserve response from anyone:

In addition, haven't you been critical of the GM for playing off the scrap heap...because that is exactly what you are doing with the list of pitchers you threw out here.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Lester

Buch

Doubrant

Lackey

Tazawa (1st half)

Just one thing though...please tell me this is a joke, because if this is the guy you are targeting then you don't deserve response from anyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Lester

Buch

Doubrant

Lackey

Tazawa (1st half)

Just one thing though, please tell me this is a joke, because if this is the guy you are targeting then you don't deserve response from anyone.

In addition, haven't you been critical of the GM for playing off the scrap heap, because that is exactly what you are doing with the list of pitchers you threw out here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Lester

Buch

Doubrant

Lackey

Tazawa (1st half)

Just one thing though, please tell me this is a joke, because if this is the guy you are targeting then you don't deserve response from anyone.

In addition, I believe you have been critical of the GM for playing off the scrap heap, and that is exactly what you are doing with the list of pitchers you have identified here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Lester

Buch

Doubrant

Lackey

Tazawa (1st half)

We have a poster on here who poses as an expert but never provides any decision specfic details. He likes to post a lot of spreadsheet type of useless information that is used to either impress or convce you that Wakefield was a good active roster pitcher value in those last years after he was totally washed up but wanted everyone to see him break records associated with poor quality and a lot of many years of quantity stats. I call him the stooge. He won't provide his details, but will speak in generalities and throw out names like Charlie McCarthey et al. He lobbied to bring Wakefield back for 2012 and Beckett back for 2013 and beyond. Every year, he whines that we need a #1 pitcher or a good #2 but never provides the specific details on who and how much to pay market to acquire.

In addition, I believe you have been critical of the GM for playing off the scrap heap, and that is exactly what you are doing with the list of pitchers you have identified here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Sorry Trotter, I played this game with you already and you did not respond to those who answered your questions there,  so I am not falling for it again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Sorry Trotter, I played this game with you already and you did not respond to me or anyone else that answered your questions there,  so I am not falling for it again.

Jeremy Guthrie -offer MLB contract two years and up to base 5

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Sorry Trotter, I played this game with you already and you did not respond to me or anyone else that answered your questions there,  so I am not falling for it again.

Jeremy Guthrie   offer MLB contract two years and up to base 5

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Jeremy Guthrie   offer MLB contract two years and up to base 5

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Wrong, I've been critical of cherry for overpaying for FA and paying top dollar for landfill waste profiles.

And you're proposed list of pitchers does not qualify as landfill waste? Appears the pot is calling the kettle black!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Wow you are really losing it Softy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The fact that softy does not want to upgrade the rotation tells you all you need to know about his baseball knowledge.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Delete

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Delete

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

bump

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In fact, Lackey was an attempt to "upgrade the pitching". Beckett's last extension was an attempt to "upgrade the pitching". Overpaying high base multi-year 2nd rate pitchers isn't going to "upgrade the pitching".

You are mis-remembering.  You liked the lackey acquisition, but thought it was one year too long.

Sections
Shortcuts