Name the outside Starting Pitching targets you are going to budget for trade or FA market value to make sure you acquire him or them?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My choices are clearly listed in order of my priority

No, you have thrown out a shotgun blast that looks like a politician. You either budget for market value for your "first choice" or you don't.

I'm putting you down for Sanchez and Guthrie, stooge, because theat is your first choice. You can't get Marcum for that cheap, but both Sanchez and Guthrie can be signed and they are first choice on your vacillating "choices".

Sanchez will be a 2nd rate pitching bum that will be paid like a #1 starter.

[/QUOTE]

You are such a clown. You said this about my first choice: 

1st choice: B. McCarthy $22M/3 (If he looks healthy, I might go to $25M/3 or $30M/4 with IP incentives.)

4 years and 30 million will close the deal on McCarthery. Huge mistake for a 2nd rate pitcher who will end up a huge liablility on the books.

...so why are you pretending I prefer my second choice to my first?

If I can't get marcum at my suggested offer I said get Guthrie at more than what you said he'd get, so where's the kick to my second choice coming from? Please learn how to read, and stop arguing against strawmen.

I repeat:

1st choice: B. McCarthy $22M/3 (If he looks healthy, I might go to $25M/3 or $30M/4 with IP incentives.)

If yes, I'd then offer S. Marcum $12M/2 (see Guthrie is SM says no).

[ ...then I'd .... offer J Guthrie $11M/2 ...]

Not so hard to understand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

My choices are clearly listed in order of my priority

No, you have thrown out a shotgun blast that looks like a politician. You either budget for market value for your "first choice" or you don't.

I'm putting you down for Sanchez and Guthrie, stooge, because theat is your first choice. You can't get Marcum for that cheap, but both Sanchez and Guthrie can be signed and they are first choice on your vacillating "choices".

Sanchez will be a 2nd rate pitching bum that will be paid like a #1 starter.

[/QUOTE]

You are such a clown. You said this about my first choice: 

4 years and 30 million will close the deal on McCarthery. Huge mistake for a 2nd rate pitcher who will end up a huge liablility on the books.

...so why are you pretending I prefer my second choice to my first?

If I can't get marcum at my suggested offer I said get Guthrie at more than what you said he'd get, so where's the kick to my second choice coming from? Please learn how to read, and stop arguing against strawmen.

I repeat:

Not so hard to understand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow! You actually offered a pitcher more than $1M. That's the first in 2 years.

Once again, however, your offers will not come close to what these guys will end up getting (except for maybe Guthrie at $10M/2), so you might as well just post, "no pitcher signigs this year" as your official position.

You often berate posters for wanting to sign or trade for starters from outside the AL East and claim they will fizzle against the east, but if you look at Guthrie, his record has been pretty poor vs the AL East over a significant sample size:

vs NYY: 4-9 5.15

vs TBR: 7-10 4.14

vs TOR: 3-7  3.46

vs BOS  3-8  4.88 (including 6.68 at Fenway with as .999 OPS against)

Guthrie also turns 34 in April.

That being said, I actually like trying to get Guthrie*, but just thought I'd point out how he seems to go against your previous value criteria.

My choices:

Other than my specific trade offers to Oakland for Brett Anderson, I'd offer these FA starters these deals:

2nd Choice: A. Sanchez $42M/4 (Yes, it is overpay, but he's worth the gamble.)

If yes, then I'd offer J. Saunders $6M/2

3rd Choice: Sign 3 of McCarthy, Marcum, Guthrie, and Saunders and look to trade Doubront & Morales (along with others) in a deal to get J Upton or some other big RH'd bat.

4th Choice: E. Jackson $30M/3

If yes, then I'd also offer J Guthrie $11M/2 or J Saunders $6M/2.

[/QUOTE]

Moon - Brandon McCarthy gets hurt EVERY year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

Once again, however, your offers will not come close to what these guys will end up getting (except for maybe Guthrie at $10M/2), so you might as well just post, "no pitcher signigs this year" as your official position.

You often berate posters for wanting to sign or trade for starters from outside the AL East and claim they will fizzle against the east, but if you look at Guthrie, his record has been pretty poor vs the AL East over a significant sample size:

That being said, I actually like trying to get Guthrie*, but just thought I'd point out how he seems to go against your previous value criteria.

My choices:

Other than my specific trade offers to Oakland for Brett Anderson, I'd offer these FA starters these deals:

3rd Choice: Sign 3 of McCarthy, Marcum, Guthrie, and Saunders and look to trade Doubront & Morales (along with others) in a deal to get J Upton or some other big RH'd bat.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

My choices:

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

My choices:

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

My choices:

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

My choices:

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

My choices:

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

My choices:

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My choices:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know it's a gamble, but I don't think any of his injuries are longterm issues.

GS'd:

2004: 27 in minors.

2005: 30   (10 in majors/20 in minors)

2006: 2     (plus 51 as a reliever)... (0 in minors).

2007: 23   (22 majors/1 in minors)

2008: 12   (5majors/ 7 in minors)

2009: 22   (17majors/ 5 in minors)

2010: 9     (all in the minors)

2011: 27   (25 majors/2 in minors)

2012: 20   (28 majors/2 in minors)

I realize this is a lot of years with no seasons of over 27 GS'd, but the guy is 29 and I feal he is ready to bust out in a good way.

I'd much rather have a signing like this than paying way more for Greinke or haren, who are both question marks as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I would do the following,

Offer Brandon McCarthy 3-year, $25 million.

Offer Marcum 2-year, $15 million.

Marcum is a dark horse.  He is young, consistent, and has done well with both Toronto and Milwaukee.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Marcum is a dark horse.  He is young, consistent, and has done well with both Toronto and Milwaukee.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Sorry about the repost.  I do not know what happened.  LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Sorry about the repost.  I do not know what happened.  LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd be fine with this as well. I realize my projected signing amounts are not perfect, but at least they are more realistic than softy's continuou low-ball offers that have no hope or basis in reality.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd be fine with this as well. I realize my projected signing amounts are not perfect, but at least they are more realistic than softy's continuous low-ball offers that have no hope or basis in reality.

[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does this mean you are cpying my 1st choice as your own?

Blatant Bidenism here.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Apparently, softy is a Biden immitator.

Sections
Shortcuts