Name the starting OF opening day.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Name the starting OF opening day.

I am going to go with Nava, Victorino, and Beltran.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Name the starting OF opening day.

In response to redsoxsally's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, you were going with Ellsbury and Nava and Victorino.

I don't know what Red Sox management will do, but they should sign Rajai Davis and go with the following OF depth chart:

CF Bradley/Davis/Victorino

LF Nava/Gomes

RF Victorino/Nava

[/QUOTE]

I never onced said they Sox where going to sign Ellsbury, as a matter of fact I have been telling you the whole time they were going to sign a vet and start Bradley in AAA. Look at what Farrell has said about Bogarts and hasn't said about Bradley. Couple that and the fact they didn't trust Iglais last year, shows you Sox won't go with Bradley next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Nava/Gomes/Middlebrooks, Bradley, Victorino

I would like to see us bring in Beltran, but I wouldn't want it to be a three year contract either.  I'm leaning towards bringing back Napoli and Drew now.  That's why I'm putting Middlebrooks in the mix for the outfield.  I feel like if we add an outfielder it will be a depth move.  But we'll see. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not liking Beltran at 3/48 and if Choo is in line for a 100M deal, Im not for that either.

I think they will make a trade for a CF'er. Seems like the best way to go. Not sure who though. Hopefully not Kemp. Vic, Nava/Gomes, ???

Lots of teams inquiring about Lackey and Doubront. Sox were in on Hudson, so if they let one of these guys go along with making another deal for a starter, then they could get their CF'er and replace whatever pitcher leaves.

Should be a busy 10 days for Ben.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Choo/Bradley Jr/Victorino

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that this will give BC the impetus to give Beltran a 3-year contract. He's going to feel the need to counter the Ellsbury move by the Yanks.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt he makes a panic moves based on what the NYY do. He will stay the course.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Stanton/Bradley/Vic

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stanton/Bradley/Vic

[/QUOTE]

And who do you think will go to Miami for Stanton?

Thats not happening, but just for kicks and grins....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think that this will give BC the impetus to give Beltran a 3-year contract. He's going to feel the need to counter the Ellsbury move by the Yanks.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt he makes a panic moves based on what the NYY do. He will stay the course.

[/QUOTE]

Generally, I think you're right. But if he was on the edge with Beltran to begin with, this might just push him over.

[/QUOTE]

Still dont think he will go off course just because the NYY overpaid for Ells. Im sure he expected Ells to sign elsewhere and already has his offseason plan regardless. Beltran isnt a guarentee to DH in 2015 if papi has another solid year and we resign him.

NYY need pitching, so honestly, until they get 2 quality starters and a solid closer, Im not worried about them. You cant make moves based on what the MFY do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I'm a little depressed about Els playing centerfield for the Yankees though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm a little depressed about Els playing centerfield for the Yankees though.

[/QUOTE] He doesn't have the arm too play CF in Boston how in blue blazes is he going to play CF in NY?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Kemp Victirino and Nava 

I think Kemp because I think he's definetely available and I think the Dodgers would be willing to eat a huge chunk of money in order to move him and it would require less prospects. He helps us get back some of the speed that we lost by losing Ellsbury and gives us a power bat. So I think it's a good buy low trade. I think the Dodgers eat 40 - 50 million dollars.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If the Sox weren't in on Choo before they probably are now! He's a LHB and he's a leadoff hitter with power and a decent OBP .432 and he is the top guy right now. He won't steal 50 bases but he will hit for a higher average and with more pop as he's not a one year wonder as far as double digit HR's are concerned. Other viable options are Guitierrez, Davis, and several corner OF types like Cruz. Napoli leaves and another spot will need to be filled. If I thought Pedey could play SS or 1B I'd make a play for Cano.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I don't get the logic in going after Beltran.  Fans (rightfully) feared paying Ellsbury big money until he was 37.  So now they want to go after a player who is commanding big money and will turn 37 early in the season?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

Kemp Victirino and Nava 

I think Kemp because I think he's definetely available and I think the Dodgers would be willing to eat a huge chunk of money in order to move him and it would require less prospects. He helps us get back some of the speed that we lost by losing Ellsbury and gives us a power bat. So I think it's a good buy low trade. I think the Dodgers eat 40 - 50 million dollars.

I suspect the Seattle Mariners will make an offer for Matt Kemp that will require the Dodgers to pay less than $40 million on the remaining contract:

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/408011613531152384

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I don't think "buying low" on Kemp is going to happen.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

My guess is that the Sox will sign Choo. I do think that Bradley is going to be a good player. He is being underrated by some because of his early struggles. But the talent is there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel like trading for Kemp would also mean Napoli is gone.  Just because he would supplant him in the batting order, and we would have an overload of right-handed bats.  But that's fine.  If they don't trust Bradley, I could see this move.  I haven't heard much about available Centerfielders.

[/QUOTE]

Matt, i think they could bring in kemp and still sign Naps.  Especially with LA eating a chunk of the money and with the Sox potentially sending Dempster or Peavy away via trade.  

vic pedey papi kemp nap aj bogey nava/gomes middy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am going to go with Nava, Victorino, and Beltran.

[/QUOTE]

Victorino- Stanton---Nava or Gomes...... Dreaming i guess

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Nava/Gomes

Bradley/cheap vet

Victorino/cheap vet

Boring, but the most likely solution