Name Your ALL-TIME BASEBALL MOVIE TEAM-Agree?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Name Your ALL-TIME BASEBALL MOVIE TEAM-Agree?

oh great.  so, you'd start a career minor leaguer at catcher?  Sheesh.  You are the THEO of what-if-baseball-movie GMs.  (JK!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

You'd probably sign Johnny Utah to a minor-league low risk/high reward type deal, even though he decided to play football in college, and destroyed his shoulder twice, once playing football, once jumping out of a small plane with no chute over mexico.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

What a shock; you forgot Pride of the Yankees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Name Your ALL-TIME BASEBALL MOVIE TEAM-Agree?:
    What a shock; you forgot Pride of the Yankees.
    Posted by nhsteven

Well if you're going to go there, you could include Fear Strikes Out and get Red Sox players on it.

If you're going to do something like this for un, keep it to fictional characters.

And as to the OP, I'd put Pedro Cerrano in the starting lineup.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Name Your ALL-TIME BASEBALL MOVIE TEAM-Agree? : Well if you're going to go there, you could include Fear Strikes Out and get Red Sox players on it. If you're going to do something like this for un, keep it to fictional characters. And as to the OP, I'd put Pedro Cerrano in the starting lineup.
    Posted by royf19

Of course, that was a classic; also The Winning Team, Damn Yankees, Angels in the Outfield (The Original), 61*, Eight Men Out, and It Happens Every Spring.

If we keep it fictional, Pedro Cerrano has to be there.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

My choice for manager: Morris Burttemaker of the Bad News Bears.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Dotti Hinson was "forgive my analogy"  like a man playing against little boys--- she was that good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

For owner: Rachel Phelps of Major League. Not very likable I'll admit, but who wouldn' want to plonk her with a fast ball once or twice?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gareman2. Show gareman2's posts

Dotti Hinson was "forgive my analogy"  like a man playing against little boys--- she was that good.
    Posted by Yaso#7

Dottie Hinson was also not fictional.  Much as I would have like her style of player on the team.  Sorry, she needs to be taken off the team's bench.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gareman2. Show gareman2's posts

Yeah, what about Joe Hardy from Damn Yankees or Monty Brewster from Brewster's Millions?  (The latter admittedly not for his baseball prowess but it was Richard Pryor in his heyday ... and every team can use a laugh.) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Yeah, what about Joe Hardy from Damn Yankees or Monty Brewster from Brewster's Millions ?  (The latter admittedly not for his baseball prowess but it was Richard Pryor in his heyday ... and every team can use a laugh.) 
    Posted by gareman2

You beat me to it !

I was going to ask where was  "Shoeless Joe from Hannibal, MO " ????

And definitely want Ray Milland's character from " It Happens Every Spring " as starting pitcher ! And Pedro Cerrano must start , dh , 1b , or lf.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The Dizzy Dean bio The Pride Of St. Louis was pretty good also.

An amusing anecdote from Wikipedia

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In Game 4 of the 1934 World Series against the Detroit Tigers, Dean was sent to first base as a pinch runner. The next batter hit a potential double play groundball. Intent on avoiding the double play, Dean threw himself in front of the throw to first. The ball struck him on the head, and Dean was knocked unconscious and taken to a hospital. The storied (and possibly apocryphal) sports-section headline the next day said, "X-ray of Dean's head reveals nothing."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bad ones - both Babe Ruth bios.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wait ...Marla Hooch was a second baseman? Had her pegged as a corner infielder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah she played 2b........Rosie O'Donnel was the 3B.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Makes a fun movie thread -- for the record, I'd be all over Johnny Utah in that movie --and still manages to try to turn it into chicken and beer. Anyone getting the theme with 2004Ididots, yet?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Makes a fun movie thread -- for the record, I'd be all over Johnny Utah in that movie --and still manages to try to turn it into chicken and beer. Anyone getting the theme with 2004Ididots, yet?

Thought, I'd post it twice, since I heard it will be deleted. :)

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Bugs Bunny should be center fielder. Name another player in the history of baseball who climbed the Empire State Building, hoisted himself on the flagpole, tossed his glove into the air, and robbed a guy of a home run.

And for designated hitter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQwUS73pVg

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts