Napoli action

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Re: Napoli action

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Mike Napoli Talks Reach Critical Stage By Tim Dierkes[December 6 at 10:57am CST]

...Napoli wants to remain with the Red Sox, but he has an offer from another club that Boston will need to match or exceed.

Then he really doesn't want to stay with the Red Sox.  Rather he wants to go to the highest bidder!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to redsoxriteofspring's comment:

Even if Napoli is bluffing (ask for written offer sheet), the Red Sox absolutely need to take the pick and sign Hart and move on from what was an excellent one year contract that doesn't need to be value ruined by reflexing decisions for the future based almost solely on the past. 

Take the pick and move on if its crazy.  Hart on a similar deal is perfect.  

Hart doesn't even come close to what napoli does for you. Powerwise they are similar, but in terms of opb and ptiches per at bat napoli far exceeds hart and is actually taylor made for the sox offense. That is not so easily replaced.

There were points last year where people wanted him gone.  I like napoli a lot but im not gonna lose sleep if he walks.  I think the Sox sentimental play for Lowell back in the day hurt the team. If the numbers are similar i hope he comes back.  But i think Hart is a nice fit.  It also means a pick and money to spend on bringing other guys in.  

I'm not making a sentimental argument, its based on stats such as opb. We already lost almost 70 points because of saltys leaving and ajs signing. I'm not sure we can afford to lose anymore and expect to have a superior offense. For my money mike napoli is a better for for this team then hart. (for the record I like hart and would not be upset if we signed him I would just prefer napoli to hart because fits the sox offensive approach better.)

You do realize that AJP is a lifetime .322 hitter in Fenway ! Also catching wise Salty is an inferior catcher. One other thing, on Napoli if he leaves I'm ok with losing 190 strikeouts from a lineup that likes OBP more than HR power! Hart averaged more HR's per season than Napoli so he would make a viable option and as far as Ellsbury's leaving no biggie! He's a great lead off hitter no doubt, but the Sox have two guys who can handle the spot rather nicely in Victorino or Pedey. Bradley is a superior defensive CF then Jake was, and if they add a Gutierrez or Davis they replace Ells with ease.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Mike Napoli Talks Reach Critical Stage By Tim Dierkes[December 6 at 10:57am CST]

...Napoli wants to remain with the Red Sox, but he has an offer from another club that Boston will need to match or exceed.

Then he really doesn't want to stay with the Red Sox.  Rather he wants to go to the highest bidder!

I really like a house in my neighborhood, it doesn't mean it makes financial sense to buy it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to redsoxriteofspring's comment:

Don't sign Drew or Choo or Napoli.

Sign Hart and Davis.

OBP isn't what Napoli's 2013 role was about. Hart and Napoli are almost identical in career slugging percentage.

Sorry, a little higher OPS is far inferior than Hart and a high draft pick.

Case closed, good luck and thanks for 2013, Naps.   

What you taking about? OBP is a key stat for you 4/5 hitter. If you go from Napoli to Hart you have basically taken the bat out of Ortiz hand. I don't understand why you want to punt 2014.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Napoli was a huge part of this team but....

To this day he has only played more than 130 games twice! This year he was in 139 and he played 140 a few years back. Never even close to a full season. He was a huge concern leading into the play-offs, all but dissapeared a few times over the summer with his bat hollow....

All I am saying is with his health (yes it is a big concern) and his ups/downs we should not now go 3 years. Two is ideal, heck overpay him for two. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Napoli was a huge part of this team but....

To this day he has only played more than 130 games twice! This year he was in 139 and he played 140 a few years back. Never even close to a full season. He was a huge concern leading into the play-offs, all but dissapeared a few times over the summer with his bat hollow....

All I am saying is with his health (yes it is a big concern) and his ups/downs we should not now go 3 years. Two is ideal, heck overpay him for two. 

an overpay in this market is $20 mil x 2 & a supplimental pick

Sections
Shortcuts