1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Napoli & Salty Fishing but May Cut Bait and Return to Red Sox

In response to eltiante1's comment:

I hope Napoli catches a bigger fish with his bait, but I want the value of the draft pick so I want Napoli gone.

I hope Salty cust bait for 2 years, but would be happy if the Red Sox bridge with AJ for one year and find something better than the bad hands catcher Salty. 

Sound like they both are not getting enuff calls from teams.   IF that is the case, best solution is to take Boston offer before it is too late.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Boston will look for a 2yr deal like Ruiz, who I believe is the best bet to end up in Boston. AJ is the last guy I want in this clubhouse. Id take Dionner Navaro before AJP.

They like Vasquez and Swihart, so I doubt they go more than 2yrs with any catcher. Also, Butler is a good BU option at low cost in 2015 if hes still here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

There's NO WAY I want to go more than two years for Salty.  The Sox have two good catching prospects and I don't want them blocked by a guy with his (lack of) defensive skills.  I like what he brings to the plate better than what he brings behind it.  If he says it's three years or he's moving on I'd say See Ya. 

I'm surprised they're actively persuing Napoli at this point in the off-season.  Signing Napoli means the dominoes fall with Middy at 3B and ?? at SS while not signing Naps gives the team more flexibility to fill spots. i.e move Middy to 1B and Bogarts can play either 3B or SS. IMO signing Napoli commits the team to going to ST with Bogarts as the odds-on favorite at SS. 

I'd give Napoli a two year contract but only with incentives for games played in the second year.  That hip still concerns me as everything I've read says that it could "go" anytime. Or not.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to S5's comment:

There's NO WAY I want to go more than two years for Salty.  The Sox have two good catching prospects and I don't want them blocked by a guy with his (lack of) defensive skills.  I like what he brings to the plate better than what he brings behind it.  If he says it's three years or he's moving on I'd say See Ya. 

I'm surprised they're actively persuing Napoli at this point in the off-season.  Signing Napoli means the dominoes fall with Middy at 3B and ?? at SS while not signing Naps gives the team more flexibility to fill spots. i.e move Middy to 1B and Bogarts can play either 3B or SS. IMO signing Napoli commits the team to going to ST with Bogarts as the odds-on favorite at SS. 

I'd give Napoli a two year contract but only with incentives for games played in the second year.  That hip still concerns me as everything I've read says that it could "go" anytime. Or not.

Hey 5!
    The Sox will let WMB prove himself at 3b in 2014. If he falls, then we might see him moved. They are not going to move him to 1b just yet. Cecchini is more the kind of player they like. He hasnt shown a lot of power but he has a high BA and OBP. WMB has one year to straighten things out, the Garin C should be ready for Boston in 2015.

Id give Naps 3 years, but the 3rd year only vests with games played and protection for the hip. We have nothing as far as 1b in the system so Im ok with the K's as long as he hits to his career averages like he did this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Softy is vaporized again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to eltiante1's comment:

AJ is the last guy I want in this clubhouse. Id take Dionner Navaro before AJP.

No you wouldn't. AJ was one of the members of the White Sox clubhouse for their 2005 World Title. The clubhouse thing is always an after the fact excuse. The manager has more to do with the clubhouse than the players who supposedly run it, do. 

YES, I would rather have Navarro. Im not an AJ fan and its no secret that a lot of people within MLB are not either. His sub 300 OBP and below average catching skills are not something Id want here either. He was an offensive catcher who has been trending down offensively the last couple years. Its no surprise since hes 37yo. Lets the Twins reunite with him for a year. Just stay away from Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Softy is vaporized again.

Looks like I got my response in just in time then...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The stalker got the boot again....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to S5's comment:

espn reports Drew is not coming back, period.  If that is so, going after Napoli makes a lot of sense.  No way would I hand over the 1B position to Middlebrooks at this juncture, not until he shows he can hit MLB pitching well.  As it is, the Sox may still have to go after a SS because their is no guarantee MBR and Bogaerts are a solid left side of the infield. 

And let's not forget that the guys leaving--whoever among the four free agents--all contributed to 97 wins and winning the WS.  It's always good to bring in fresh blood, but sometimes the current guys are worth hanging onto. 

Sections
Shortcuts