Napoli deal falls through, according to Jen Royle

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

Re: Napoli deal falls through, according to Jen Royle

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to elvis-surfs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

and Youk is a Yankee...idiots...and Valentine is ????  Youk should be our first baseman...I am pretty much entirely not  interested in the Red Sox, for the first time in my life...except that I am posting here... whatever...

[/QUOTE]

Relax, Calm Down....

[/QUOTE]

epic....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

and Youk is a Yankee...idiots...and Valentine is ????  Youk should be our first baseman...I am pretty much entirely not  interested in the Red Sox, for the first time in my life...except that I am posting here... whatever...

[/QUOTE]
    Tough to follow your post.

[/QUOTE]

Napoli at first...whoopdee doo...Youk should be our first baseman...but Valentine ran him out of town and now he is unemployed or a worthless commentator...and the Sox suck so bad they are hard to follow, but yes I remain posting here because I am a lifer...good grief...

Is that better?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Tough to follow your post.

[/QUOTE]

Napoli at first...whoopdee doo...Youk should be our first baseman...but Valentine ran him out of town and now he is unemployed or a worthless commentator...and the Sox suck so bad they are hard to follow, but yes I remain posting here because I am a lifer...good grief...

Is that better?

[/QUOTE]

Most media scribes and forum posters think and thought that Youk was washed up and over the hill. Only the Yankees think otherwise. Time will tell. Do you look like Elvis on a surfboard, good for you. That is important.

[/QUOTE]

you have to ask yourself...did Elvis actually surf?...I do, but I dont wear shoe black in my hair, but maybe I should...and is Napoli worth $13 M per year?....

Cubs offered Youk a good deal...prepare for Youk kicking our arses all year long...idiots I say, and I stick to it...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was fully against the Youk deal at the time and said so.

If Berkman can get $10M, it's hard to say what Youk is worth, but I think Youk still has a lot to contribute.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, Burritto will be getting up to good news.

[/QUOTE]

nope, jasko said only yesterday it was "HIGHLY" unlikley to fall through and claims to have connections within the organization.

For me, I am vindicated and very happy to hear this. Confirmation pending of course.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Who's next if Naps walks?

Marcum?  (Then trade 1-2 pitchers for a spare 1Bman.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I say the Sox try and get Ike Davis from the Mets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

if the napoli deal has fallen through, the sox should either aim high ie joe mauer or go for justin smoak. the mariners are willing to deal him and i think he is worth taking a shot on. he is 26, switch hits and after the all star break last year showed what he is capable of. think young mark texiera with weaker defense. if we can get him at a reasonable price, he would be worth it. doubront for smoak could work for both teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

if the napoli deal has fallen through, the sox should either aim high ie joe mauer or go for justin smoak. the mariners are willing to deal him and i think he is worth taking a shot on. he is 26, switch hits and after the all star break last year showed what he is capable of. think young mark texiera with weaker defense. if we can get him at a reasonable price, he would be worth it. doubront for smoak could work for both teams.

Seattle is looking for a lefthanded starter who can go 180 innings while the Mariners await the arrival of southpaws Danny Hultzen and James Paxton. However, the Red Sox probably can't afford to trade a starting pitcher.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bgomez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://clnsradio.com/2013/01/10/report-red-sox-mike-napoli-going-in-separate-directions/

WOW. Shocker. What do we do now?

On Trade rumors it said we were looking at Casey Kotchman.I think he is terrible with the bat.No power or average.Only way i sign him is if Napoli signs and we use him as defensive replacement.

I say go hard after Mike Morse.

[/QUOTE]

Despite being another blow to an already mediocre team and the fact we have few options at 1B, I'm glad we actually stuck to our guns didn't overpay for another guy with health issues. 

Ben needs to work on finding a long term 1B option ASAP and although I don't have the answer, neither is a guy like Morse.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Jen who? Why is this even a thread? Shouldn't we at least wait and see if anyone else knows about it? Just saying Jen Royle says, and so what do we do now, is ridiculous. But you had to know that before you created it. Perhaps Jen Royle is just trying to get her name out there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3hours later and still no one else has picked the story up

I don't think it's dead till he signs else where

or sox make another move

a serious injury concern

would help explain why the rangers don't want him after losing hamilton and young

[/QUOTE]

Very much what I have been thinking.

I find it difficult to beleive Nap will feel especially welcome here now.  Hard, hard entrance, stiffens the backs of some fans, sets up a mental barrier for Nap.  One reason they wanted him was he was a "good clubhouse guy" ....that may all be in the wash now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

aim high and Justin Smoak should never collide in the same sentence...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Jen Royle also said the Red Sox where willing to go to 4 years on Napoli but the Mariners would go 5.

This is my favorite part. Napoli agrees to three years (which most people see as an overpay)...an apparent physical issue holds up the deal for a month and a half...and now we're talking about four or five years?

I call BS on this report.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Post of the year so far...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

A "young Teixiera," really?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'd take a chance on Smoak, but would not trade Doubront for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://clnsradio.com/2013/01/10/report-red-sox-mike-napoli-going-in-separate-directions/

WOW. Shocker. What do we do now?

I say go hard after Mike Morse.

[/QUOTE]Stand by for the "BLOCKBUSTER"  !!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Stand by for the "BLOCKBUSTER"  !!!!!!

I really miss the ignore button sometimes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Stand by for the "BLOCKBUSTER"  !!!!!!

I really miss the ignore button sometimes.

[/QUOTE]

If this was the big changeover BILL-806 envisioned, I shudder at the thought of a "blockbuster".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jasko also said that there was no way the Marlins were trading Hanley during the 2012 season. He has no crediblity.

[/QUOTE]

It bothers you that much that I was right about the Marlins not trading Hanley before they opened the new stadium that you have to lie about?  You are pathetic...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, Burritto will be getting up to good news.

[/QUOTE]

nope, jasko said only yesterday it was "HIGHLY" unlikley to fall through and claims to have connections within the organization.

For me, I am vindicated and very happy to hear this. Confirmation pending of course.

[/QUOTE]

I never said I was "connected" to the Sox, but I stand by my assertion that it is highly unlikely the Napoli deal collapses, despite what Aunt Jenny supposedly reported...

Sections
Shortcuts