Napoli looking good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Napoli looking good

So Napoli is hitting jacks and making slick plays. His defense has been a nice suprise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Napoli looking good

it is encouraging. but we already know he is a great player. the only issue with him will be health. If he can stay on the field he will be a great addition. If not.......well, we save some money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

it is encouraging. but we already know he is a great player. the only issue with him will be health. If he can stay on the field he will be a great addition. If not.......well, we save some money.

Color me an optimist, but I think he'll be a lot healthier playing 1B than he was catching 90+ games per year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

"great player" ???? really? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

"great player" ???? really? 

Just keep waiting for him to suck...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

Color me an optimist, but I think he'll be a lot healthier playing 1B than he was catching 90+ games per year.

Actually, he will be our STARTING  D H !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Hardly a "great" player. He has been a back-up catcher most of his career until he found a power stroke.

He is a defensive liability at 1B, IMO, and we know he is not going to catch with the hip issue. It will be a learning curve most of the year for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Hardly a "great" player. He has been a back-up catcher most of his career until he found a power stroke.

He is a defensive liability at 1B, IMO, and we know he is not going to catch with the hip issue. It will be a learning curve most of the year for him.

You have to admit, hes looked very comfortable over there and has made some nice scoops of balls in the dirt as well as a couple nice diving plays. Hes a lot better than some here give him credit for.

I remember Youk was a very good 3b, but when switched to 1b he excelled. Naps is a good athlete and a good ballplayer. Hes been a nice surprise so far at 1b as well.

To those of you bashing him and the signing...Its Ok to admit hes doing very good.. Nobody will think less of you...Although Im sure some egos will get in the way of that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

You have to admit, hes looked very comfortable over there and has made some nice scoops of balls in the dirt as well as a couple nice diving plays. Hes a lot better than some here give him credit for.

I remember Youk was a very good 3b, but when switched to 1b he excelled. Naps is a good athlete and a good ballplayer. Hes been a nice surprise so far at 1b as well.

To those of you bashing him and the signing...Its Ok to admit hes doing very good.. Nobody will think less of you...Although Im sure some egos will get in the way of that.

Two part-time games is hardly a good indicator.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I just said hes looked good so far. Nothing more, Is that too hard to admit?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

So Napoli is hitting jacks and making slick plays. His defense has been a nice suprise.

Careful Joe ... ya don't want to be buinched in with the likes of me and other optimists.  Do you?  :o)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Its not like the guy has stone hands.  he was a catcher for crying out loud.  If he has not been a good first baseman in the past, it is most likely because he hasn't committed to it full-time.  I really don't have any worries about him playing first base.  The notion that he is going to be a butcher there is based more on a desire to criticize Sox management than any evidence that holds any weight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

LOL

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

He just made 2 errors on the opening day game vs the Yankees for my MLB the show 13 but launched a monster 3R HR against CC Sabathia. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

He just made 2 errors on the opening day game vs the Yankees for my MLB the show 13 but launched a monster 3R HR against CC Sabathia. 

have you seen the commercials for that? interview with buster posey and the guy goes "you hit into a world series ending double play. tough break" buster goes "....that didn't happen.... we actually won the WS"

"your a hero in Detroit"

buster- "its a video game! you moron"

".....your a video game!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Its not like the guy has stone hands.  he was a catcher for crying out loud.  If he has not been a good first baseman in the past, it is most likely because he hasn't committed to it full-time.  I really don't have any worries about him playing first base.  The notion that he is going to be a butcher there is based more on a desire to criticize Sox management than any evidence that holds any weight.

Exactly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

i like NAPS. rather have him than that 2-faced, boring a-gone. he definitely has the fenway swing

and will provide good protection in the line-up for ortiz.

And his defense so far doesnt look to be a liability at all...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I have no doubt tha Naps will contribute greatly offensively. I really wish he hadn't tweaked his hip cause I'd rather see him behind the plate than Salty.

He's no better than Ortiz at 1B, IMO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

I have no doubt tha Naps will contribute greatly offensively. I really wish he hadn't tweaked his hip cause I'd rather see him behind the plate than Salty.

He's no better than Ortiz at 1B, IMO.

Nap's is a little better than David at first.

Your point is well taken.

I perfer Ross behind the plate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

How many spring at bats does he have?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

He just launched his 3rd, 2nd one in friendly match against Puerto Rico national team, HR today (3 run shot).  looking good,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano9009. Show Modano9009's posts

He was a beast for Texas two years ago. I'm not concered at all about his production or his abilities as a player - it's just the injury concern. I love the signing - if he's healthy there's huge upside, and if he's not it only cost them $5 million, right? The rest depends on him staying healthy?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

hopefully playing 1B will help keep him healthy. He will certainly play more games at 1B than he would catching...

Sections
Shortcuts