Napoli reaches 158

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Napoli reaches 158

K's that is. How many rallies did he kill in Toronto Tuesday? This guy is terrible to watch as he can't make contact. Sit him down please!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Re: Napoli reaches 158

We should use him off the bench when we have a 10 run lead in the late innings to help speed things along.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox0489. Show bosox0489's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

We should use him off the bench when we have a 10 run lead in the late innings to help speed things along.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox0489. Show bosox0489's posts

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING BASEBALL SINCE 1946. NEVER SAW A MORE PATHETIC PILE OF CRAP.

I GUESS  ( J F)  AND THE  FRONT   OFFICE DONT WANT TO HURT HIS FEELINGS>    

STEVE BOSOX04          SINCE1946  

SEMPER  FI

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't see Lasix Surgery solving the problem, as someone mentioned.

It's not like he lost it all of a sudden---you don't strike out 158 times in a month.

He must have an issue that's not showing up on the MRI--perhaps it's a personal thing or an injury that's  screwing up his concentration at the plate--defensively he seems fine.

Perhaps a trip to the DL or to the bench for an extended rest.

Roughly 40 more games---if JF keeps playing him he will reach 225 K's easily--the pitchers will feed him low outside sliders in the zone and heat high in the zone--no chance catching up to that without him accepting or asking the coaches for some help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to bosox0489's comment:

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING BASEBALL SINCE 1946. NEVER SAW A MORE PATHETIC PILE OF CRAP.

SEMPER  FI

you're good with computer sir.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kens0427. Show kens0427's posts

In response to jader's comment:

K's that is. How many rallies did he kill in Toronto Tuesday? This guy is terrible to watch as he can't make contact. Sit him down please!

I agree nice  guy but tme for a change go pickup Paul Konerko

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kens0427. Show kens0427's posts

we need to bring in Paul Konerko

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to bosox0489's comment:

SEMPER  FI

Cannot agree more with a fellow Jarhead !!! I think it is probably a better chance that instead of Napoli swinging at all that he just fakes it and that the pitcher will toss 4 balls & he gets a walk. Of course, on 1st, we'll need to hope for a double at least for him to score and on any ground out it's a likehood for a DP. The shame was he was acquired not for singles or walks but to hit the Green Monster or go over it !

Semper Fi back at you !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

To think, the RS almost gave this bum 3/$39 mil

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

The Sulton of Swarts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

At what point do we pass embarrassing? I think we are WAY past that!!!!!

Paul Konerko baby!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Sox knew what they were getting when they signed Napoli. Why anyone is surprised he's striking out a lot and going into prolonged slumps is mystifying. He's been doing it pretty much his whole career. Drove the Angels nuts. Yet, he does so well in spurts and in some isolated months that his stats always end up looking pretty strong overall. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I don't think that it is an injury.  It is probably not eyesight either.

It looks to be clearly mechanical and was mentioned in another thread last week when someone mentioned that his eyes are on the centerfield camera as he swings.

"Can't hit what you can't see" seems very appropriate because no one can see the ball with their lead eye (in the case of right handed hitters this is their left eye) when the head and eyes do not track the ball MUCH longer.   In effect, he is not seeing the ball for about the last 10 to 15 feet of its flight which results in lots of swings and misses and some weak foul balls with an occasional ball that gets hit fairly hard (blind squirrel theory?).

We have all seen replays when the announcer mentions that the hitter's head is down and he is "seeing the ball right to the bat" after a guy has hit the ball hard somewhere.

Unfortunately, this is not Napoli now for a while now.  At this point,  he is clearly trying too hard and pressing like crazy trying to hit the five run homerun every time he bats.

If he would just settle for a few line drive singles to right center for about two weeks, he would likely start to drive the ball again before September gets here.

There are many drills that young kids use to keep their head from moving to keep the eyes on the ball longer, and if he is not doing them at this point I must question their hitting coach and ask him "Why not???????????".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

In addition, if we could see Napoli hitting back in April I will bet/guarantee that his mechanics are much different than they are now.

He is certainly not trying to strike out and at least should be remembered positively for carrying the offense in the early part of the year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

In addition, if we could see Napoli hitting back in April I will bet/guarantee that his mechanics are much different than they are now.

He is certainly not trying to strike out and at least should be remembered positively for carrying the offense in the early part of the year.

Back in April, Napoli spent alot of time as a DH.  That is why I always think Napoli is a better hitter when he is a DH hitter.   But he cant cuz of Papi!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

On the bright side, just be thankful that the Sox did not sign him to the original 3-year, $39M contract.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Nap is a bonified, certified rally killer. It would be interesting to know how many RISP he's left on. 

Life is what happens while were busy making other plans.

John lennon

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Rumor has it naps bats in the 10 spot soon.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

The Sox knew what they were getting when they signed Napoli. Why anyone is surprised he's striking out a lot and going into prolonged slumps is mystifying. He's been doing it pretty much his whole career. Drove the Angels nuts. Yet, he does so well in spurts and in some isolated months that his stats always end up looking pretty strong overall. 

SCREW ALL OF YOU NON-BELIEVERS...NAPOLI DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP...LOL, TELL ME MORE ABOUT HOW HE SHOULD BE BENCHED.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Another Sox game saved in the 9th by a clutch hit..Sox just keep doing all the things a winner does. Even if they go on to lose, it doesn't matter, Napoli hits a momentous shot to RF with the team down to last out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

The blind squirrel found the nut.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Always amusing to go back over some of the insightful comments of our 'fans'.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Short story.  People are irrational. The end.

Sections
Shortcuts