Napoli Sits Against a Lefty a Day after Hitting His First HR in a Lot of Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Napoli Sits Against a Lefty a Day after Hitting His First HR in a Lot of Games

Interesting. As awful as he's been, you'd think Farrell would stick him out there a day after hitting a home run, not striking out, and against a lefty.

And in favor of Nava, who has a .222 average and an OPS of .595.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Napoli Sits Against a Lefty a Day after Hitting His First HR in a Lot of Games

In response to ADG's comment:

Interesting. As awful as he's been, you'd think Farrell would stick him out there a day after hitting a home run, not striking out, and against a lefty.

Well, Farrell probably wanted to rest him days ago anyway.  Going against the Yankees and on the road trip, it is a good idea to rest him today!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Napoli Sits Against a Lefty a Day after Hitting His First HR in a Lot of Games

Well....Napoli is 4-19 vs Buerhle and Nava is 2 for 6, plus this weekiend against the Yanks we will face Petite on Friday and CC on Sunday, so Nava will probably sit those and he didnt play yesterday...so Farrell probably wants to keep him sharp and if you are going to have him face one of the Lefties, Buerhle would be the guy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Well, Farrell probably wanted to rest him days ago anyway.  Going against the Yankees and on the road trip, it is a good idea to rest him today!!

Interesting decision to rest Napoli against a lefty, but I think you're probably right in what Farrell is thinking. 

He likely wants Napoli in the line up for the 3 games at Fenway, especially since the Sox will be facing 2 lefties in that series, I believe.

Then, Naps will get some more rest in the NL parks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The HR was as much law of percentages as anything else, he was bound to run into one again. If he was out there tonight hed give us his obligatory 3K's. No way I buy that hes snapped out of it because he hit a HR.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The HR was as much law of percentages as anything else, he was bound to run into one again. If he was out there tonight hed give us his obligatory 3K's. No way I buy that hes snapped out of it because he hit a HR.

It would have been nice if the Sox could have won that game.  Napoli's HR would have been much more effective.

Of course one HR is not enough to say that he has snapped out of it, but sometimes one big hit like that is all it takes for a hitter to break out of a funk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

It would have been nice if the Sox could have won that game.  Napoli's HR would have been much more effective.

Of course one HR is not enough to say that he has snapped out of it, but sometimes one big hit like that is all it takes for a hitter to break out of a funk.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I hope youre right, because the offense will continue to flounder and be inconsistent til we get someone who can hit LHP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I agree he might have ran into one....That was only his 2nd HR this year to Straight Away RF, since he hit one on 4/5 in the same Ballpark....and in his career, only about one out of 8 of his HR's go to straight away RF, but HR's like that build confidence and with a guy like Napoli being confident and not tentative at the plate is huge....so hopefully he can build off of it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Interesting decision to rest Napoli against a lefty, but I think you're probably right in what Farrell is thinking. 

He likely wants Napoli in the line up for the 3 games at Fenway, especially since the Sox will be facing 2 lefties in that series, I believe.

"Rest" for KNap? Its not rest; everyone knows why his playing time is getting cut. We cannot afford to have him in the lineup any more. He has become a joke at the plate, and apparently Farrell can no longer tolerate seeing him out there. Nava cannot hit right handed, unfortunately, but I would still rather have him in there than KNap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

I would rest Naps for the rest of the year....I'm putting out a huge notice today. When playoffs start sox are TOAST !!!..... Very interesting but don't be shocked !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

"Rest" for KNap? Its not rest; everyone knows why his playing time is getting cut. We cannot afford to have him in the lineup any more. He has become a joke at the plate, and apparently Farrell can no longer tolerate seeing him out there. Nava cannot hit right handed, unfortunately, but I would still rather have him in there than KNap.

you would rather see nava who hits with a .220 average from the right side with little power and a .560 ops, rather then mike napoli who hits with a .250 average and .768 ops against left handed pitchers? Also mike napoli sees more pitchs per at bat then any other player in the majors, which helps to knock a starting pitcher out of the game. Im really glad you have nothing to do with any sort of management on this team, of course its funny when it comes from a guy who said the season was over in march (when the sox were still in first place). I know you love to bash players pumpsie but isnt it hard being wrong almost all the time?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is a little surprising considering that he had one of his better nights last night. A soft thrower like Buehrle should be the kind of guy he could hit. Go figure.

Stabbed by Foulke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Nava is 2 for 2 and now 4 for 8 vs. Buehrle - compared to Napoli's 4 for 19.

We now await the plaudits for Farrell to start rolling in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Great move

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

He played matchups and gave napoli a rest, I don't understand why every move has to be controversial.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

He played matchups and gave napoli a rest, I don't understand why every move has to be controversial.

My sentiments exactly.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

[QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly.

[/QUOTE]

Some posters have an obsession with being critical.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It is a little surprising considering that he had one of his better nights last night. A soft thrower like Buehrle should be the kind of guy he could hit. Go figure.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Not everyone values tiny sample sizes like you and ADG.

Sox4ever

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

Not everyone values tiny sample sizes like you and ADG.

Sox4ever

Getting a little testy, Moonslav.  You were the one who was excited about his performance last night. Are you just being a contrarian ?  Do you want Napoli to play against lefties or not ? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This forum is getting kind of crazy. Make a simple statement that it is a little surprising that Napoli is sitting against Buehrle.  (Which it clearly is. )  And the attack dogs come out.   There seems to be a small , but elite group that is intent on stifling any dissent on here.

Stabbed by Foulke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

This forum is getting kind of crazy. Make a simple statement that it is a little surprising that Napoli is sitting against Buehrle.  (Which it clearly is. )  And the attack dogs come out.   There seems to be a small , but elite group that is intent on stifling any dissent on here.

Stabbed by Foulke.

It's not attack dogs, don't be so sensitive.  It's called counterpoints.  That's what forums are about.  Someone tries to make a point, someone else disagrees and says why.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Napoli's rest had been robot-like programed before last nights homer... The device was provided by Tito from Ohio...