Napoli Sits Against a Lefty a Day after Hitting His First HR in a Lot of Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Napoli Sits Against a Lefty a Day after Hitting His First HR in a Lot of Games

In response to Javi60's comment:

Napoli's rest had been robot-like programed before last nights homer... The device was provided by Tito from Ohio...

And did you have a problem with Nava going 3 for 4 tonight with 2 doubles?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Napoli Sits Against a Lefty a Day after Hitting His First HR in a Lot of Games

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

This forum is getting kind of crazy. Make a simple statement that it is a little surprising that Napoli is sitting against Buehrle.  (Which it clearly is. )  And the attack dogs come out.   There seems to be a small , but elite group that is intent on stifling any dissent on here.

Stabbed by Foulke.

It's not attack dogs, don't be so sensitive.  It's called counterpoints.  That's what forums are about.  Someone tries to make a point, someone else disagrees and says why.

I think it is " a little surprising " that Napoli would sit vs. a lefty after hitting the ball well last night.  Not too critical or controversial. Is it ? I think most people would be a little surprised by it. Would you ? Or did you expect him to sit tonight ?    What kind of counterpoint is statements like , " some posters have an obsession with being critical " or  " not everyone values tiny sample sizes like you. " Those seem more like attacks than valid counterpoints. By the way , I am not the least bit sensitive.  I can take it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Nava is 2 for 2 and now 4 for 8 vs. Buehrle - compared to Napoli's 4 for 19.

We now await the plaudits for Farrell to start rolling in.

He played matchups and gave napoli a rest, I don't understand why every move has to be controversial.

It IS tough being right all the time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think it is " a little surprising " that Napoli would sit vs. a lefty after hitting the ball well last night.  Not too critical or controversial. Is it ? I think most people would be a little surprised by it. Would you ? Or did you expect him to sit tonight ?    What kind of counterpoint is statements like , " some posters have an obsession with being critical " or  " not everyone values tiny sample sizes like you. " Those seem more like attacks than valid counterpoints. By the way , I am not the least bit sensitive.  I can take it.

It works both ways.  If somebody started a really positive thread right now, some other posters would be in here saying things like 'take off the rose-colored glasses' and 'what a bootlicker' etc.  It's just the yin and yang of the forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Napoli's rest had been robot-like programed before last nights homer... The device was provided by Tito from Ohio...

Some of you have a really strange idea of how days are scheduled off.

Okay Naps, we are giving you a day off on Thursday because we like the Nava matchup.  But if you get a hit on Wednesday, we are changing the schedule for the rest of the year.

I serious, can you explain this?  Do you think that if a guy is in a horrid slump, just because he hits a HR, he will suddenly go on a tear?

For all the posts y'all have made over the past few days about dropping him down in the lineup, dropping him out of the lineup, or dropping him off the team, he hits one HR and you suddenly change your mind on all this and think he is a star?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Okay Naps, we are giving you a day off on Thursday because we like the Nava matchup.  But if you get a hit on Wednesday, we are changing the schedule for the rest of the year.

I serious, can you explain this?  Do you think that if a guy is in a horrid slump, just because he hits a HR, he will suddenly go on a tear?

For all the posts y'all have made over the past few days about dropping him down in the lineup, dropping him out of the lineup, or dropping him off the team, he hits one HR and you suddenly change your mind on all this and think he is a star?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that any of us knew that he was told in advance that he would sit tonight. To me it was " a little surprising" when the lineups came out. Most reasonable people would not have much of an argument with that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

It works both ways.  If somebody started a really positive thread right now, some other posters would be in here saying things like 'take off the rose-colored glasses' and 'what a bootlicker' etc.  It's just the yin and yang of the forum.

[/QUOTE]

I think it is important to consider who is making the posts.  ADG has a passionate hatred for the RS and makes critical remarks everyday.  This is not the same as say, Moon suggesting that splits might make a different lineup more productive.  That's a discussion.  ADG has no interest in discussing RS things, he just wants to criticize the RS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I don't think that any of us knew that he was told in advance that he would sit tonight. To me it was " a little surprising" when the lineups came out. Most reasonable people would not have much of an argument with that.

But it shouldn't bother you when people put forth explanations of what Farrell's reasoning could have been for the move.  Maybe it's surprising at first glance, but there's usually an explanation once you look into it.  What's wrong with trying to figure things out?   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess that is why I am never surprised.  Managers schedule out time off probably weeks in advance, according to various criteria.  I'm sure Farrell has a pretty good idea of when Vic gets his next day off.  The way I figure it, players probably sit at least once every 4-6 weeks, so why would I be surprised when they get that day off?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

But it shouldn't bother you when people put forth explanations of what Farrell's reasoning could have been for the move.  Maybe it's surprising at first glance, but there's usually an explanation once you look into it.  What's wrong with trying to figure things out?   

[/QUOTE]

That's more like what I ma talking about with someone like Moon.  He'll do his research and ask why we started 'xxx' when he is a career 1-16 agains the probably pitcher.  That I understand.  ADG, OTOH, just starts threads to be critical.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

That's more like what I ma talking about with someone like Moon.  He'll do his research and ask why we started 'xxx' when he is a career 1-16 agains the probably pitcher.  That I understand.  ADG, OTOH, just starts threads to be critical.

Yeah, he seems to start off assuming it's a bad move.  Which ain't really fair.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I guess that is why I am never surprised.  Managers schedule out time off probably weeks in advance, according to various criteria.  I'm sure Farrell has a pretty good idea of when Vic gets his next day off.  The way I figure it, players probably sit at least once every 4-6 weeks, so why would I be surprised when they get that day off?

FYI: Farrell also said that he intends to play Gomes and Carp more often, implying that KNap's playing time will decrease. About time he smelled the fetid roses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, he seems to start off assuming it's a bad move.  Which ain't really fair.

[/QUOTE]

Read the OP. It wasn't a negative comment, just starting a conversation BEFORE the game. Not like most of the Monday morning quarterbacks and pink hats on this forum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

There are no pink hats here, ADG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

It is a little surprising considering that he had one of his better nights last night. A soft thrower like Buehrle should be the kind of guy he could hit. Go figure.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Not everyone values tiny sample sizes like you and ADG.

Sox4ever

Getting a little testy, Moonslav.  You were the one who was excited about his performance last night. Are you just being a contrarian ?  Do you want Napoli to play against lefties or not ? 

[/QUOTE]

I've answered this question and all the others from you. Try answering just one of my questions, then I'll continue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

FYI: Farrell also said that he intends to play Gomes and Carp more often, implying that KNap's playing time will decrease. About time he smelled the fetid roses.

Been saying for a while that Carp deserves more ABs.  Even if/when Naps starts to hit again, Carp can handle righties pretty well.

OTOH, I have no idea why Gomes would get more ABs.  He should be a straight platoon with Nava.  Gomes has done 'okay' v righties, but Nava is carrying a .852.

Sections
Shortcuts