Napoli..................do you sign him next year?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Napoli..................do you sign him next year?

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I advocated and applauded the lost cost 1 year deal for Napoli for 2013. It was an oustanding move. Napoli has been a huge part of helping this team to this point, though the #6 slot is a better fit for him. 

It's time to say this move was a really good move, and thank Napoli for some great memories, which him well, and move on.

[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I advocated and applauded the lost cost 1 year deal for Napoli for 2013. It was an oustanding move. Napoli has been a huge part of helping this team to this point, though the #6 slot is a better fit for him. 

It's time to say this move was a really good move, and thank Napoli for some great memories, which him well, and move on.

[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with you?

[/QUOTE]

Too many hard head knocks on the crib maybe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK Fireman, I like the fact-based analysis you presented there.  Not 100% sure about Morales myself.  But I do respect the analysis.

[/QUOTE]

He bashed me for wanting us to get Morales last year.

Even when he is near being correct, it's an unadmitted flip-flop.

softy was all over Kendry's injury history, but now after a full season during a contract year, he jumps the bandwagon.

I'd love to get Morales, but talk is he will reject a QO, and the Sox may not want to lose a draft pick to gain an injury-prone 1Bman who may be just marginally better than Naps.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/kendry_morales/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

1b. Budget up to 4 years and 60 Million for offers to Kendrys Morales

For what it's worth, Kendrys Morales has been valued at $29.1 million in six-plus MLB seasons, including $6.2 million this season, according to the WAR conversion at FanGraphs:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=8610&position=1B/DH#value

I am a Seattle fan who supports the Mariners' reported decision to tender Morales a qualifying offer because the M's difficulty in attracting free agent hitters. However, up to four years and $60 million would seem to be an unnecessary overpay for the Red Sox, who should have little trouble attracting top free agents.

Mike Napoli has been valued at $102.2 million in seven-plus seasons, including $19.5 million this year, although some of his career value is derived from positional value at catcher:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=3057&position=C/1B#value

Morales will strike out less often than Napoli, but represents a lesser value than his former Angel teammate.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

sign napoli for 2/26...same as he would have got for his 3/39...he would take it he wants to be here...as he said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Morales is younger and healthier, and will represent a a better value than Napoli will over the next 3 or 4 years.

Kendrys Morales and Mike Napoli each made their MLB debuts with the Los Angeles Angels in May 2006. Since their debuts, Morales has played in 620 games and Napoli in 866 games. Morales played parts of six seasons with the Angels and Napoli parts of five seasons with the Angels. Here are their Los Angeles Angels stats:

MN 1824 PA, .251/.346/.485/.831, OPS+ 119

KM 1762 PA, .281/.331/.491/.823, OPS+ 119

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/n/napolmi01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/moralke01.shtml

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

You don't pay attention. The Red Sox will almost surely get a draft pick by QO to Napoli, and would only then look at Morales if Napoli turned his down. Of course Morales will turn his down. The result is "no lost draft pick".

Under that scenario, the Red Sox would lose their first-round draft pick (currently the No. 30 pick) and gain a pick in the sandwich round (roughly between No. 27 and No. 40, depending on how many teams surrender first-round picks).

As a Seattle fan, I would not mind seeing Kendrys Morales declining a qualifying offer and signing with the Red Sox, giving the Mariners a sandwich-round pick, and Seattle signing the more productive Mike Napoli, who would cost the Mariners only their second-round pick if he declines a qualifying offer from Boston.

The hard part would be convincing Napoli to come to Seattle.Embarassed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

no way we sign him if he wants a 3 or 4 year deal, maybe we give him 2 since signing jose abreu is no longer an option. Kendrys morales is a good option and if we choose not to bring back napoli i would be all for signing morales. hes younger, is a switch hitter and hits for higher average. morales put up decent numbers last year given that he was playing in safeco on a crap team with no line up protection. On a good team he is a .275-290 hitter with 30 homer run 30-40 double and 100+ rbi ability. safeco/being on the mariners in general kills power hitters numbers. all one has to do is look at adrian beltre. never put up big numbers on the m's, then he goes to the sox and then texas and beats on both teams. I would give morales a 3 yr deal at 12-15 mill per season plus an team option for a 4th year. I think ultimately the route the sox go will depend on what napoli asks for. with his hip condition and age, he is a risk on a multi year deal. my guess is that they send him a qualifying offer and he declines and signs elswhere. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Another money hit last night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I would qualify him and see if a deal for 2 or 3 yrs could be worked out.

Sections
Shortcuts