National Anthem singer named for game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

National Anthem singer named for game 1

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/exclusive-mary-j-blige-sing-national-anthem-2013-141300125.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: National Anthem singer named for game 1

Dang!!!

I was hoping for Rene Rancourt.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to RedBirds2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope that it's lip-synched.

[/QUOTE]

Let's give her some of that Popeye's chicken and see if a bone gets stuck on a tonsil!!!

Keep Rene Rancourt at close hand, just in case!....Maybe John Henry will get him Tom Werner's seat and Werner can stay home.....I don't want to hear or see that guy...he gives me the creeps!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Marian Anderson gets my vote.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

when we are the home of the free and the brave again, we can go back to this tradition

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I was hoping for Miley

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/exclusive-mary-j-blige-sing-national-anthem-2013-141300125.html

[/QUOTE]

Hope it's Mayor Manino......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

A girl from the Bronx is singing in Boston?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am not a fan of flying in big name celebrities for the National Anthem. I prefer to showcase the local talent....actually..I much prefer hearing the crowd sing it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I heard it was going to be "FAT-CAT-BECKETT$" !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

No better choice than the queen of hip hop soul.  Even though she hails from NYC she encompasses everything our franchise does -- grit, will, determination, commitment, adversity and talent.  And for the morons with the racial overtones, you are utterly ridiculous.  Wake up it it 2013. I love Mary.  And when she was young she was hotter than july and sexier than september.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Dabro's comment:

No better choice than the queen of hip hop soul.  Even though she hails from NYC she encompasses everything our franchise does -- grit, will, determination, commitment, adversity and talent.  And for the morons with the racial overtones, you are utterly ridiculous.  Wake up it it 2013. I love Mary.  And when she was young she was hotter than july and sexier than september.

Is this the Dabro of yore?  He who has the anxiety syndrome named after him in the DSM Manual?  If so, welcome back.  I hope this 2013 version of the Red Sox has helped ease your anxiety somewhat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Wow, Sheriff, you have an amazing memory.  Yes, this is Dabro after taking a 3-4 year hiatus from the boards.  Yes, after taking alot of medication I can tell you that I am still totally and completely nuts, yelling at my TV about the Sox.  I am back, at least for a moment, shocked that anyone would notice.  We have a great team this year -- it has been fun.

And by the way -- very impressed that you are familair with DSM, it is my night table reading lol.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to mountvernonclosed's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anita Bryant is a much better singer. But that's not what the selection process is based on, so we get this. 

[/QUOTE]

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not a fan of flying in big name celebrities for the National Anthem. I prefer to showcase the local talent....actually..I much prefer hearing the crowd sing it!

[/QUOTE]

You would rather have the crowd sing. How much is it going to cost you to fly someone in? Maybe your just boring person? Would you rather have the crowd sing at half time at the Super Bowl also ? Have you ever been to a concert? Bet they fly someone in. Whats the big deal.? Then again maybe at the concert you would feel much better if the crowd sang instead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Dabro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree ...the Queen..... Would she fly from London to do this?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I like when it is sung, the way it was written. Simple, nothing fancy. It's a beautiful Song that way.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Darn, I had my money on this thread hitting overt racism at 25 posts.  I should have been more agrressive with my bet.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts